your thoughts please

salsaqueen

I have is I've been off work with depression and on tablets for it, but I seem to have turned a bit peculiar with the depression and although I've been like this for a while it's now starting to bother me. I don't seem to be able to go out without somethone with me which means I always having to wait around for people like my OH to go jogging with me or into town.

Has anybody else experienced this? or have any thoughts on how I can get over it.

I had bad depression after the birth of both my children and hated going out alone, i used to have panic attacks continually if i was out alone not a nice experience lol.
I forced myself to go out and get on with things the hardest thing i did was taking my youngest to the coast on a coach and my hubby met me there that night it was awful but proved to me life does go on and i had to force myself to get on with it.
Good luck to you hun :)

I did have extreme panic when I went out with my depression but since now my tabs have helped. Though I still have off days I take it easy. oh i see a cpn who helps me with CBT which has been really good :)

Last edited:
I had a bout of anxiety when I had to give up work on medical grounds. It got to the stage where I could only go out if someone was with me and even started to have panic attacks about being alone at home.

In the end I went to me GP who refered me to a counsellor for a 1hr session a week. She was an absolute marvel. She gave me all of the coping strategies and tools to get on with life.
There are still days when I can feel the panic begin but I just go through the tools she gave me and within a few mins i'm back on lifes road.

The one thing she always reminded me to think of is you have lots of friends and family who are there for you, so never be afraid to ask for help.

Good luck, chin up and lots of love and support

xxx

Back