"You're on a diet?? Don't be ridiculous!"

smash

Hello all!

I signed up earlier today after snooping for the last week or so - thought it was only fair as I have been trying out some of the yummy recipes on here!

Right, I'm 23 years old with a 'healthy' BMI and slight self-esteem issues. I'm not silly with weight loss, I just want to feel more comfortable in my own skin & get back some of the confidence that seems to be quickly disappearing.*

My boyfriend and I started Slimming World last Monday but we're just using a friends old books as neither of us want to go to the classes, and can't afford to join online. I'm finding it quite difficult to get my head round it, especially as I'm doing the hard work for both of us so just been checking on here for some guidance really

Since we got together 2 and a half years ago we've both piled on *near enough 2 stone.

My reason behind the subject of this thread is bascically that's what I've been hearing from anyone that catches wind of me being on a diet! *They might not think I need to lose weight, but they don't have to put up with my thoughts & feelings - and the dread of putting on a bikini when we go on holiday in June!

By the time I go on holiday (or before!) I would like to have lost 1 1/2st. I'm not aiming to go below my ideal BMI, been there before and looking back at the pictures I don't look healthy at all!

Like I said, I've been trying out recipes I've found on here and other places but I'm not sure that I can keep it up for much longer! *We both have over an hour commute, sometime not getting home until 8pm so by the time I've made dinner it's gone 9. I don't have the time or energy to do this every night so will be after some hints and tips for quick evening meals please!!*

Anyway, sorry for the long introduction & rant, just had to get my frustrations off my chest!

Nice to meet you all! *:p

Hi and welcme. Have you not considered going to a class and getting a set of the new books. You will get an explanation of the plan from the leader and you don't have to continue going if you don't want to.

Good luck

Irene xx

Back