Yucky breath!!

Moisy

Hi there,

I have never had a problem with bad breath before (as far as I know!) and my husband has pointed out to me a couple of times this week that my breath is really quite strong I am assuming this is the diet-does anyone else have this and if so what do you do? I take it we are not allowed any mints?

Thanks xx

Hi. The bad breath is due to you being in ketosis and these ketones are eliminated in your urine and in your breath (I think - I may be wrong). I always have a wee bottle of mouthwash with me and I also have a pact with a receptionist at work (who is also doing the diet) who will let me know if my breath is bad (and I do back). I remember reading somewhere that we are not allowed mints Im afraid.

Yup! I've got a travel toothbrush in my bag lol

Okay, thanks you two-like those ideas and an easy solution, will do both I think! ;) xx

A few girls use breath strips, but I can't for the life of me remember the brand name... But I know your allowed them!

What I find distressing about the bad breath effect is that you get used to it yourself, so you think it has gone away. (Well, I thought so, anyway.) Only to be rudely reminded by someone else that it is still there! Mortified...

Lol omg you're right! I'd never thought about it but I don't taste it anymore but I have no idea if my breath still smells bad!! Eek!

Thanks everyone! I have also asked a friend at work to let me know when it is bad, and not to feel bad about doing it!! xx

I suggest that you bring a travel toothbrush and tooth paste with you and tongue cleaner. It all helps!

I've never heard of gold spot spray... What is it?

Don't think exante recommend as chewing gum makes your stomach think food is on the way!

Gold Spot is a fresh breath spray
I used it when I was On Cambridge a few years ago....just googled it and they have some on Ebay

My breath seemed smellier a couple of days ago on day 3 and now on day 5 It doesn't seem that bad- the funny taste has lessened. I haven't eaten anything bad to stop ketosis- is this normal? I am worried!

My husband says that the bad breath isn't there all the time, just now and again, so I wouldn't worry Venus :) xx

Thanks moisy, that is reassuring to know! I hate having breath like a bog monster!

Back