yummy recipes

Hi everyone, havent been on here for a while been busy due to school hols, havent been to group for a while but still managing to loost weight only 6 pound away from target now :)

Been mainly doing green days as i find them easier when i'm busy, but going to go back to the odd few ee days as i haven't been doing any exciting recipes lately, any one got any recipes to try?? xx

toffee choc chip butterfly cakes with choc/nut filling 3.5 syns each:

75g lurpak lighest
100g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
6 tbsp sweetner
25g mini rolos chopped

for the filling
250g quark
1 tbsp sweetner
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 sachet of options - i used belg choc

mix together butter and sweetner, when smooth mix in the eggs with a little flour, then fold in the rest of the flour and baking powder add vanilla and rolos, mix well. i used silicone cases put them in oven on gas mark 4 for about 15-20 mins

filling:
mix together all ingredients for the filling, mix well to make sure peanut butter is mixed in well, i also used peanut butter flavour, which is syn free, you can get this from the cake decorating company, cut out hole in cakes and fill with the filling when cakes and cool and make into butterflies

i have made lots of diff variations of this recipe ranging from 2 - 4 sys per cake

[h=6]onion & potato soup

Ingredients

800g onions
400g potatoes (washed not peeled) and cubed
1 stock cube
garlic, salt and pepper
chilli/garam if you fancy!
60g bacon cut into titchy pieces and fried with the onion

Method

Chop the onion and bacon with about 1tsp of garlic powder and fry them up then cube the potatoes (about 1cm cubed) and fry them for a few minutes, sprinkling over the stock cube.

Then, after about 5 mins cooking pour in 1.8 litres of hot water from the kettle, sprinkled in some salt and pepper and cover and cook until the veg are soft.

Whizz up with a stick blender. Taste, adjust seasonings and serve. You can add more water if your soup is too thick.[/h]
i added some chilli and smoked paprika

bean curry

Ingredients

1 can tomatoes
1 tin of baked beans
1 can kidney beans
half tsp chilli
2 tsp mustard powder
2 tsp garam masala
320g onion, sliced
2 tsp garlic

serve with:
rice

Method

Put sliced onions, garlic, chilli, and spices in a pan with the frylight, and cook til soft.

Add tomatoes and cook for a few minutes, until the tomato juice has reduced down to a thicker sauce.

Add baked beans and drained kidney beans and cook for a few more minutes until it is cooked, hot throughout and well mixed.

Season to taste.

Chicken breast cut in to chunck
3tbsp honey
3tbsp soy sauce
3tbsp balsamic

Add chicken to sauce mix well an put in the fridge for sn hour then fry in fry light till sauce has gone think and sticky x

Just in the process of making onion marmalade (syn free) i will let u know the recipe if it's any good ;) lol xx

well the verdicts out: it was very tasty, so here's how i made it:

5 onions, sliced thinly
2 tbsp of each: balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, worcestershire sauce, sweetner (mix all together in a bowl or cup)
a good pinch of each: salt, black pepper and white pepper
2 tsp of mustard powder

Fry onions in frylight add salt and pepper, fry until onions start to go translucent then add the mustard powder, stir and add the vinegars, W sauce and sweetner, continue to cook until the sauce thickens. ready to eat straight away, keep in the fridge in an air tight container and this will keep for a while

toffee choc chip butterfly cakes with choc/nut filling 3.5 syns each:

75g lurpak lighest
100g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
6 tbsp sweetner
25g mini rolos chopped

for the filling
250g quark
1 tbsp sweetner
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 sachet of options - i used belg choc

mix together butter and sweetner, when smooth mix in the eggs with a little flour, then fold in the rest of the flour and baking powder add vanilla and rolos, mix well. i used silicone cases put them in oven on gas mark 4 for about 15-20 mins

filling:
mix together all ingredients for the filling, mix well to make sure peanut butter is mixed in well, i also used peanut butter flavour, which is syn free, you can get this from the cake decorating company, cut out hole in cakes and fill with the filling when cakes and cool and make into butterflies

i have made lots of diff variations of this recipe ranging from 2 - 4 sys per cake

Think I've just died and gone to heaven!!! Last experience I had using quark for a sweet dish it didn't going too well but I am willing to give it another go as this recipe is making me salivate - I'm so excited I don't even know if I just made that word up!

251251_10150293660052433_753007432_9122790_996926_n.jpg

Back