yummy recipes

FRESH EGG CUSTARD
Fresh Egg Custard is a tricky little number to make !!!
If you are not careful you tend up with something resembling scrambled egg rather than custard, but it is worth the effort and lovely on steamed fruit pudding etc.

300 ml skimmed milk
2 medium egg yolks
2 dessertspoons sweetener
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Warm milk ( don't boil)
In a pudding basin beat yolks, sweetener and vanilla together, pour on the warm milk stirring well.
But bowl on top of pan of hot water and keep beating until the custard thickens.

made some elderflower champagne and it is lovely i'm going to try it with sweetner which will make it syn free :) there is no yeast in it just the natural yeast from the flowers its low alcohol about 5% but very refreshing :D x

I might be wrong but I don't think it would be possible to make it without sugar as the yeast (in the elderflower) converts the sugar into alcohol and carbon dioxide. Without the sugar there is nothing to convert. It might taste OK but there wouldn't be any alcohol in it, or carbon dioxide for that matter so it wouldn't be fizzy either.

I might be wrong but I don't think it would be possible to make it without sugar as the yeast (in the elderflower) converts the sugar into alcohol and carbon dioxide. Without the sugar there is nothing to convert. It might taste OK but there wouldn't be any alcohol in it, or carbon dioxide for that matter so it wouldn't be fizzy either.

not sure i havent tried it yet - i have done elderflower cordial with splenda and it turned out ok

Yeah but cordial's not alcoholic :) You can't create alcohol without sugar.

I made the Doner Kebab last night and took it to class for a taster session.....It was lovely and they ate it all within 5 min!!!! :eek:

i recently looked on my fitness pal at how much of your daily fat was in half a pack of tesco value less than 20% or something similar, lean mince (not extra lean) and it was over your recomended daily allowance i was shocked! xxx

Hunters chicken (sw style)

first make bbq sauce:
Spray a pan with fry light & sauté a chopped onion, 1tsp chilli powder, for 5 mins then add 227g pasata, 3tbsp sweetener, 4tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 tsp mustard powder, bring to the boil then simmer for 10 mins until thickened. Season with salt & pepper

for each person use a chicken breast and 42g low fat cheddar or mozzerella or a mix of both. cook chicken breast, spread each chicken breast with bbq sauce and cheddar, place in an oven dish and put in oven until cheese melts, top with a cooked slice of bacon. nom nom

i have been poorly since sunday with an upset tummy and sickness and today started with the runs! :( i havent been able to keep anything down since sunday and at the mo i'm not really interested in food i seem to be worse if i eat so i'm not gonna eat for a while see if i get better. anyway i'm after some sw plain comfort food recipes (i dont like mash potatoe! yak) for when i start eating again please xxx

Oh dear, that really doesnt sound very good at all! Prob best that you do get yourself to the doc.

Hope you're better soon :hug99:xx

scan bran recipes i have come across on here and variuos other places:

(you can also use bran cereal such as allbran instead of scan bran works out a lot cheaper - check your books for allowed amounts of bran as hex b)

Sticky Toffee Pudding (Using Scan Bran!)

Ingredients

This recipe is just 4 1/2 syns for the whole cake and 1 healthy extra B choice.

Ingredients:

- 4 Scan Bran
- 1 Weetabix
- 1 tbsp. golden syrup
- 1 cup sweetener
- 1-2 eggs, beaten
- 1 sachet of toffee options

Cooking Instructions

1. Break the scan bran into pieces, pour on a little hot water to soften.

2. Once soft, mash with a fork. Add the weetabix, sweetener, toffee options and golden syrup. Mix well.

3. Add the beaten egg a little at a time until the mixture is soft but not runny.

4. Line a loaf tin with foil and spray with FryLight. Place the mixture in the tin at bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for about 45 mins
You can actually make this one with any flavour options

Curly Wurly Scan Bran Cake:
This recipe is just 8 ½ syns for the whole cake and 1 healthy extra B choice.

Ingredients:

- 4 Scan Bran
- 1 Weetabix
- 1 tbsp. golden syrup
- 1 cup sweetener
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Bashed up curly wurly

Cooking Instructions

1. Break the scan bran into pieces; pour on a little hot water to soften.

2. Once soft, mash with a fork. Add the Weetabix, sweetener, golden syrup & curly wurly (I use a frozen one as it is easier to break up). Mix well.

3. Add the beaten egg a little at a time until the mixture is soft but not runny.

4. Line a loaf tin with foil or non stick baking parchment. Place the mixture in the tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for about an hour

You can always replace the Curly Wurly with a sachet of Options hot chocolate drink (whatever flavour you prefer), this would reduce the syns to 4 ½ plus 1 healthy extra B choice

cheese and marmite muffins

‎5 san bran broken & soaked some warm water,4 eggs beaten,1 weetabix crushed,2 tbls of marmite/supermarket own brand,42g low fat cheese! Whisk all together pour in to muffin tins sprayed with fry light bake till firm nom nom scan bran is hex b & cheese is your a for the day!

Hope you feel better soon :)

Back