yummy recipes

Hope you get back on again soon, you have done amazingly well so far and the end of the rainbow is in sight. I was about the same weight as you when I started and I still have a long way to go, but with people like you to inspire me I know I will get there. So get back on that wagon, it just keeps rolling along :D

Hope you get back on again soon, you have done amazingly well so far and the end of the rainbow is in sight. I was about the same weight as you when I started and I still have a long way to go, but with people like you to inspire me I know I will get there. So get back on that wagon, it just keeps rolling along :D

aw thanks :) i've cooked mini sw quiche, got baked bean lasagne coooking now and i'm gonna try the chicken noodle soup from the new mag should get me back on track :) x

sarah5298a1 said:
aw thanks :) i've cooked mini sw quiche, got baked bean lasagne coooking now and i'm gonna try the chicken noodle soup from the new mag should get me back on track :) x

You can do it sarah. I fell off the wagon over jubilee weekend.

Recipes sound lush! I made petes peanut curry tonight its delish

Sarah - sorry for delay - here's Pete's yummy curry recipe:

Pete’s Peanut Curry

(Adopted from Tesco’s real food booklet)

Not suitable for people with nut allergies

Serves 2

Ingredients

150g Pre-cooked chicken (s) (ff)
1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “herb stockpot”
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tsp turmeric
1tbsp madras curry powder
1tbsp sweetener
2 Garlic cloves (sff)
2tbsp smooth/crunchy peanut butter 9syns/2=4.5syns each person
2cm piece of ginger, grated
200mL hot water
400g chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
Handful of coriander

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the chicken until browned, remove and set aside.
Spray the frying pan again with fry Light, cook onion, garlic, ginger & chilli until soft.
Add the cumin, turmeric, curry powder & coriander, cook for 2 minutes then add the chicken, tomatoes & sweetener, cook for 10 mins. Place the stockpot on top of the cooking food and allow to infuse.
Add the peanut butter and the 200mL of water mix well & cook on a medium heat until the chicken is hot, and the sauce has thickened, sprinkle the coriander over the food.
Serve with rice & side salad.
(Finish the meal with chilled melon)

PeanutCurrySmall.jpg

hi yes i'm good thanks just got back from hols in scotland (lochloy) was beautiful, taster session at my group tomorrow so i'm busy cooking today i'm doing kheema curry n minted cous cous and some pork meat balls or patties i'll see how they turn out! lol how are you ? xx

I'm fine thanks Sarah - glad you've had lovely holiday - never been to Scotland but would love to

Oh I bet they can't get enough of your lovely food, post some pictures!!! Good luck for WI

this is recipe i used for pancakes

Magic Pancake makes about 6 1 sachet of Oats So Simple (or your HEB Oats allowance) or 35g of oats1 syn free yogurt such as Muller Light (try vanilla flavour first before experimenting) Make 'Magic Porridge' by mixing the oats and the yogurt and leaving in the fridge overnight. Next day, mix 2-3 eggs into the yogurt and oat mix thoroughly and add a couple of tablespoons' sweetener. Then, get a hot not-stick frying pan, add frylight pour a little mixture in the pan with a laddle Wait 2 minutes for the base to harden, flip carefully with a fish slice or spatula. serve with fresh fruit and syrup (syns) ideas are endless and you could also make savoury pancakes if you used natural yogurt :)

i used natural yogurt with lemon essence in the pancakes and to serve i used the syn free lemon curd (its more like a creamy lemon yogurt but its really nice and creamy - tastes like full fat yog)

3 tbsp of sweetner
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 large eggs
1/2 tub of quark and 1/2 tub of fat free from frais

Whisk lemon juice and eggs together,add rind and sweeetner, place in bowl over saucepan of simmering water, stir until thickened.Remove from heat and whisk in fromage frais and quark until smooth.

I'm doing some red days this week, just got some gammon in the slow cooker (cooking in pasatta, white wine vinegar, garlic, worc sauce and paprika with some sweetner) - new recipe i'm trying and first time i've done gammon in slow cooker. got some mini chicken satay from the co-op (chilled) they are in packs of 12 and only 2 syns for the lot and they are on offer 3 for price of 2 :) xx

Back