zebredys' Weight Loss Diary - Its for life now

zebredy

Sci-Fi Geek
Thought I would start a diary today so I can get some of my feelings out in the open, plus tonight is my WI night and what better time to start hey.

This is a lifestyle change for life.
_____

Every time it comes round to Wednesday I worry so much that I have not gained anything and STS or worse gained, even if I have done good during the week..

I did WW before and was content to have 2 bowls of cereal a day ( a massive cereal lover here), and a decent meal in the evening and I kept loosing 2-3lbs a week without fail, the only time I ever worried was when I had a cheeky macaroni cheese that week, or something similar. By the end though, I think I got bored of eating the same old stuff all the time, (I mean we rotated 5 different dinner choice, with pasta, meat and sauce being eaten a lot)

This time round, I want to make life more interesting, and make more of an effort to point everything and to find out what 0 pointed items are out there, so much so that I seem to be eating loads of things during the day (more different things then I used to when not on WW) that its hard to believe that I could ever possibly lose weight.

Before I used to eat a bowl of cereal, something for lunch and pig out on one specific choc bar (not necessarily just as a snack) and then a massive portion in the evening. (Can see portion size was my main problem, that and cheese/ kitkats lol)

Now I'm eating, cereal with milk, packet of Tesco light crisps, double small portion of 0 point jelly, an apple, a WW choc bar 1.5-2points each (maybe two of them) lunch, which could be tuna sandwich with sharing tuna with cats and extra light mayo and a meal (smaller portion size then before).

Thats what is eaten through out the course of a day, and I still struggle to see how eating that much stuff during the day is still ok, but I'm understanding this time round that it's not so much a diet but a lifestyle change, which is what is really needed in this house at the mo.

Last night I had two wraps with pork mince and 0point passata based sauce with veg in (with a little oil to cook), and brown rice (note to self never buy brown rice again lol) and I was actually full afterwords, even with only having 60g of rice. Before all this I could easily have 3-4 wraps and well over 150g of rice, and wonder if that was enough. So I'm really proud of myself for how far I have come, and am really hoping tonights WI will really reflect how much effort I'm putting into this.

Last edited:
I should have mentioned that I'm also doing loads more exercise then I used too. Walk to local shops 3-4 times a week, and try to fit in at least 20-30 mins of exercise on the Wii at least 4-5 times a week (usually do well over an hour :) ) so that should help :)

I still wonder though, is it ok to be this proud of ones self, this early on in the game, or am I setting myself up to fail...

I should say so, onwards and upwards, or is that onwards and downwards with the weight lol..

hiya hun-well done on making a fresh start. somedays i feel the same, im like how on earth can i eat all this and not get fat?! before i used to have 2 slices of toast for breakie with marge on, then a sarnie for sinner, a few packs of crisps, and had takeaway pizzas quite alot-i mean i could eat a full pizza, but as that was in the evening, i felt like i hadnt really had that much. i agree it is a lifestyle change, and it makes you look at food in a completely different way-making the right choices, and controlling your points well.
the diet i have now i love, i can have crisps, chocolate, hot chocolate, pasta, bread, beans etc all without feeling guilty!
good luck hun, hopefully you will do well at WI tonight, and if you dont, just dust yourself off, an think that tommorows a brand new day!

Welcome :)

Think ur spot on with ur comment about this not being a diet but a change of lifestyle, that's the thought that's got me far further this time, because it's changing everything - ie attitude to things. And i know what you mean about the dreading wednesdays...lol... I WI on weds too, had such a pants weekend foodwise that ive scared myself from wi today, going to boots instead, but because im changing the lifestyle, one or two bad days is no longer throwing the whole thing out the window, it's just a case of getting back on the wagon and starting again.. I've lost about 18lbs in 10 weeks (with a couple of STS lol)

Look forward to seeing your progress and the 'downward spiral' in the most positive sense :) xx

I still wonder though, is it ok to be this proud of ones self, this early on in the game, or am I setting myself up to fail... .

of course its ok to feel proud!!! you should be proud that you have taken up excercise, and that your doing something about yur heallth and diet. without that feeling of being proud, then you might not stick at this and loose motivation! just keep your goals in mind, and keep at it. like i said some days it doesnt even feel like a diet-but thats the great thing, you can eat anything really, aslong as you point it, or save up points for that special treat etc!

hiya hun-well done on making a fresh start. somedays i feel the same, im like how on earth can i eat all this and not get fat?! before i used to have 2 slices of toast for breakie with marge on, then a sarnie for sinner, a few packs of crisps, and had takeaway pizzas quite alot-i mean i could eat a full pizza, but as that was in the evening, i felt like i hadnt really had that much. i agree it is a lifestyle change, and it makes you look at food in a completely different way-making the right choices, and controlling your points well.
the diet i have now i love, i can have crisps, chocolate, hot chocolate, pasta, bread, beans etc all without feeling guilty!
good luck hun, hopefully you will do well at WI tonight, and if you dont, just dust yourself off, an think that tommorows a brand new day!

Thank you -
Yeah, its a great little (diet) I mean lifestyle change, cause so long as I don't go over 20 points I could literally have what the hell I liked. Though granted I wouldn't feel very full on 10 WW choc rolls at 2 points each lol

Welcome :)

Think ur spot on with ur comment about this not being a diet but a change of lifestyle, that's the thought that's got me far further this time, because it's changing everything - ie attitude to things. And i know what you mean about the dreading wednesdays...lol... I WI on weds too, had such a pants weekend foodwise that ive scared myself from wi today, going to boots instead, but because im changing the lifestyle, one or two bad days is no longer throwing the whole thing out the window, it's just a case of getting back on the wagon and starting again.. I've lost about 18lbs in 10 weeks (with a couple of STS lol)

Look forward to seeing your progress and the 'downward spiral' in the most positive sense :) xx

Thanks and well done on the 18lbs lose so far. ~

You know it doesn't help that my hubby does WW with me (I say that in a nice way) because he always seems to lose more then me (I know men can lose it faster) but I always think when I see what he has achieved, did I do good enough. I know I did but its hard, especially when he moans he didn't lose enough and I lost less then him.

of course its ok to feel proud!!! you should be proud that you have taken up excercise, and that your doing something about yur heallth and diet. without that feeling of being proud, then you might not stick at this and loose motivation! just keep your goals in mind, and keep at it. like i said some days it doesnt even feel like a diet-but thats the great thing, you can eat anything really, aslong as you point it, or save up points for that special treat etc!

Yeah thanks, we will actually be saving some points next week on the Thursday / Friday / Saturday / Sunday if possible as its our 2 year anniversary on the 20th the Monday and we want to go out for a treat. But again I'm worried about eating to much, even if I have the points, cause I'm training myself to eat less, and I don't want to start getting comfortable with bigger portion sizes again...

Its just hard when I don't have a full time job at mo (just what agencies give me) as I am struggling to find anything permanent.

Apart from going out to look for a job, I feel trapped sometimes in this two bedroom flat (which for a council place is actually quite spacious)

But at least I have my cats to keep me company. Its like they have a sixth sense and know when I'm lonely.

My hubby works 60hrs a week 6-6 Monday- Friday and often weekends for us to get some extra money. I say to him that he doesn't need to, but he says I'm doing it for us/you. At least I get to see him in the evenings which is more then some people get to see of there loved ones...
___

I had my cereal and double small portion of 0 point jelly, this morning, going to have a piece of toast for lunch, then save the rest of the points, if possible till after my WI so can have a little treat, as my way of saying well done for the week (weather I lose gain or STS)

(Maybe this should be moved to the weight lose diary section instead? My fault sorry for posting in here if it shouldn't be)

______

Anyway, I went to my weigh in yesterday and cycled there. The first time my hubby and I have cycled anywhere for over 2 years. So happy I did that. The meeting is only just round the corner (5 mins on bike) but its a start. So the pain I felt was worth it lol.

Got to the scales and couldn't quite tell from where I was, what the numbers meant, but hey, I just lost another 1.5lbs. My hubby lost another 2lbs and he only has to lose a few more to get to his 5% weight loss (go him)

The thing is I know any loss is good, I just keep thinking, why can't I lose more. See so many people on here who have lost 3lbs or more, that I sometimes wish it could be me. I feel like I'm going to be trying to get to my goal weight for ever..

Suppose I have to look at it like this, its not as much as I like, but I worked it out, even if I lost 1lb a week, that would still be 3.5stone in a year, so it can't be too bad...

Off to have a piece of toast with butter and marmite, and then maybe a tuna (with light mayo sandwich for lunch (the cats will thank me for that, as I always give them some tune :) ) and most likely as I forgot to defrost the pork loins, it will be fish fingers and chips for dinner.

0.5lbs to go and I have lost half a stone so far, so roll on next Wednesday I say.

Last edited:
Jelly is sitting in its pots, ready to go in the fridge once cool enough :) (good job I made enough so can have some after dinner for a little treat (I'm 100% addicted to 0 pointed jelly:) )

___

Anyway, I was thinking today, how do people know they have lost weight. I mean take myself for example. I don't feel lighter or seem to look thinner when I look in the mirror (maybe the clothes I wear don't help) so apart from eating better and jumping on the scales once a week and seeing the numbers go down, what else do I have as proof to myself of my weight lose.

Well it dawned on me today. My hubby said he would get my wedding ring enlarged as it was beginning to get a little tight (especially when I got really hot when out) I wasn't to keen on doing that to the one main piece of jewellery I own and wear all the time, but a couple days ago, I was out walking, and suddenly realised jut how lose my ring had got. And there, I had my sign, my proof that I needed, and I was so excited (I know its only something small) that I phoned my OH up to tell him, while he was at work..

It may not be much but it certainly helped, and is helping to push me in the right direction. :D

Do you sometimes feel like you can't be bothered doing any exercise, then when you start doing it, you actually find it fun/ slightly more enjoyable then you expected.

Thats me all right.

I was thinking about going on the Wii today and doing some more EA Active stuff, but after walking and taking the train to my hubbies work cause he forgot his lunch (and can't go without eating), I feel to warn out to do any more exercise today. Yeah I know I have too and know I'll regret it if I don't :(

Such is life. At least the tuna sandwich when I got back, made the journey worth it. I may even treat myself to a 1.5point WW chocolate bar and some 0 point jelly, yummy :)

Just got to remember whether you like the exercise or not, its worth it in the long run. (Tell that to my tired legs)

Hi :)

Really well done on the loss, thats great :) don't worry too much about other people losing more, it's recommended that the healthiest amount to lose a week is between 1 and 2lbs , so 1 and a half is bang in the middle!! :) really well done u :) I only tend to have 'big' losses on the weeks when i've stayed the same or gained something, if its easy on its usually easy off, other than that i go between half to 1.5 a week.. and also the slower it comes off, the more its likely to stay off :)

Great re the exercise, I would love to cycle but have nowhere to keep a bike in my flat, that will certainly give u a great bit of exercise :)

Oh and with regards to seeing ur losses, u should measure urself - thighs, hip width, stomach etc etc... as sometimes even if it can't be seen, the inches drastically give away whats going on.. On losing 18lbs, I've just got my shoulder blades back :) :)

Have a great day hon :) xx

Thanks, never really thought about measuring myself, not to good at that in the sense that not sure exactly where round the middle to measure (i.e. under my boobs or around my stomach area) I know 1.5 is good but it also doesn't help when my hubby is always loosing more then me. He has less then half what I have left, in order to lose a full stone :( I know, I know, I'll get there soon enough...

Regarding the bikes, we are lucky as even though we live in a council flat, it comes with a shed so we can leave our bikes in there, plus we live on the ground floor and there is room to tie our bikes up by the stairs, (though may have to move them soon due to council and fire hazards, even though they are blocking no doors at all :( )

The first time I got back on the bikes I thought, hmm I can do this :) when I got off, I was cursing my OH ( after all it was his choice to cycle lol), as my bum was so sore all over, then I realised, I had to cycle back home yet. At least it was on the way to a meeting, so I had a chance to recover while our leader chatted to us...

Have you ever sat on a stone? Do you know how uncomfortable that is.

I have today, when I went cycling again lol. Well it certainly felt like I was sitting on something as hard as a stone.

On the bright side, its getting better and the pain goes away a little quicker each time, now I'm praying its not going to rain tonight as I want to go out on my bike again, this time with my hubby in tow..

Thing is, I actually only went out on my bike for about 12-15minutes. Any more then that and I think I would have passed out. I like to put my bike in a higher gear so I can peddle less but go further, it makes me feel like I'm getting more of a workout that way. Just wish I could push myself to go out on my bike for longer, cause it feels like I'm not doing enough, or not trying hard enough, when deep down I know I am.

Got back sat down, and didn't want to get up again, but alas lunch was calling.

Finally got round to trying the WW Heinz beans (the small 200g can) Surprisingly not as bad as I thought, though portion could have done with being a little bigger :(. Including toast and butter that was 4 points.

With only 20 points a day, I couldn't justify a double size helping, especially if I want to have a small macaroni cheese tonight. 4 points for just 40g of cheese, makes me want to :cry: :cry: I suppose its better then no cheese at all. Cause I know if I totally went without, sooner or later I would probably cook something using a whole slab of cheese..

Apart from all the above, did get in 15minutes on the Wii on the EA Sports game so at least 30minutes of exercise done today, ok not all in one go, but better then nothing right?

Totally mucked up dinner :( The cheese had to be binned as the whole slab had gone mouldy. (Never had cheese in my fridge that long without eating it) only had it in there for 2-3 weeks, boy does it go off quick.

Anyway made a pasta dish with red sauce and some other stuff plus some chopped up pepperoni added. The OH ate all his, but I really didn't like it, so ate less then half my portion.

Not the best substitute but as they were only 1 point each and had loads of points left, I had some Tesco mini lemon sponge cakes. Very tasty. My hubby highly recommends them (he said if he likes them they must be good, cause he knows his cakes lol)

I so wanted that mac-cheese. Ah well I have never really eaten when depressed so was not about to start on a pig out session then. I would have regretted it later. Just means I have to have a spare meal choice ready as a back up just in case something like this ever happens again..

On to exercise now. Really pleased with myself yesterday. Although dinner was a disaster, while the OH was having a bath I decided to spend a little more time on the Wii, and did two different sets of workouts, amounting to another 20mins of exercise.

Not the best ever but it certainly beats doing nothing.

Boy was I glad to see my bed after that lol

Anyway that was yesterday. With the start of a new day, I'm off to have a shower then go for a walk to Hornchurch. Should take me about 30-40mins to do. Hopefully I can walk back too, but will take the oyster card with me just in case..

Woohoo, I did it...

I walked for 1hr and 12 minutes, went 2/3 the way to Hornchurch then decided damn it, no I'm going a different way this time, and before I new it I had walked passed St Georges Hospital, round passed a small Tesco near us, through a small shortcut type path and then home.

I know its silly cause it wasn't that far, but I'm actually quite pleased with myself for doing it, and not taking the easy way out, of a bus home :)

All this exercise better be worth it, I want those numbers to go down, down, down, and to see a big difference on Wednesday at my WI..

Doing really well today, don't even feel like snacking, though I did treat myself to some more 0point jelly :) yummy.

After having some lunch, I hopped on the Wii and did another 20minutes worth of exercises, hopefully I can do some more later today.

I know that if I stop going for walks or using the Wii to do my exercises I might fall of the wagon so to speak. but my hubby hasn't been on the Wii for 3 days now. He says he is going to get back on it tonight, I really hope so as he has been doing so well, and I don't want Wednesdays WI to come round and him not to have lost much, if anything, mainly due to not doing enough exercising.

He said to me last week, Do I look like I've lost any weight to you' holding up his bulging belly. To me it really didn't (but we have only been doing this for 4 weeks now) I said yes a little, because I didn't want to demotivate him, was that the right thing to say?

Breakfast - Beans on buttered toast

Lunch - 1 slice of buttered toast with marmite on.

Dinner - 4 Fish Fingers and 150g of chips with tartar sauce (any one know the points for tartar sauce?) Just worked out out 2p per tablespoon.

Snacks of 0point jelly x 3 / Tesco lighter choice lemon sponge cakes x 3

Can see a big pattern emerging here, with my meals. I feel like I am stuck in a rut when it comes to finding things to eat, things that I actually like and want to eat. I think I'm eating way to much bread, and wish I could go at least 2 days a week without it, but I can't see that happening any time soon.

Is it true bread helps bloat you out a bit? If so I really need to find alternatives for lunch, sooner rather then later...

Last edited:
So yesterday I went to an agency in Upminster in hopes that they would find me a job, nowhere else has any work going at the moment (trust me I know I have tried:()

Seems very promising especially as they said they keep getting companies wanting people for data entry jobs, which is exactly what I would like to do...

I took the bus there as not to be late for my appointment, but because I thought it was going to rain, (what with the sky looking so grey and overcast and occasionally spitting) I played it safe and took the bus home again too. It never rainned once :( damn that British weather which is always so unpredictable..

Anyway later on, after I had eaten something, my hubby wanted me to put a prescription in at the doctors for him. well I went to try my green coat on (which I haven't worn for months due to the nice weather we have had), it was massive, I almost felt like I was drowning in the thing, admittedly it is usually worn with a fleece underneath as well, but still.

So I went to my cupboard and got out the smaller blue coat I had (same sort of make) and actually it didn't fit, but it was a lot easier to get on then before. I think if I give it another couple months, that coat may fit me again.

When I joined my social group over 5 years ago, I was wearing the blue coat and it fit with some room to move around in it... It actually makes me sad (and a little sick to the stomach) when I think about it. 2-3 dress sizes bigger in 5 years, thats bad for me, especially as I'm only 5" 1 :mad:

At least now I have another goal and that's to fit into that coat, by at least January next year (I was going to say Christmas but don't want to set goals that I might find hard to achieve)

Anyway food yesterday was:-

Breakfast - Beans on buttered toast - 4p

Lunch - 1 x buttered toast and a apple - 2p/1p

Dinner - 100g Brown pasta, sauce with oil, flour, herbs, spices and veg in - 5p/1.5p

Snacks - packet of crisps, 2 WW choc rolls 1.5/4

Ooh and I thought I had gone over my points, looks like I didn't :D more for my mac-cheese tonight :)

Well anyway enough about yesterday.

Today I'm thinking of phoning a local gym and signing up for a couple months. They have a deal going at the moment, where if you sign up in September you get the second month absolutely free :) plus your not tide in for a long period of time (like 12months) which also helps as its more the cost of joining which has put me off in the past..

My husband has said join without him, cause he works long hours and does not have much time to go, but I'm really worried about that as I always get nervous going to these things on my own.

Strange but I always think other people are watching me, and feel more comfortable with my hubby around. Hey its not going to cost me a penny to check the place out, I mean its close enough to walk to, so I may as well see what its like right?

On to food:-

Breakfast - buttered toast with Marmite x 2 4p

Lunch - Just 1 piece of buttered toast with marmite 2p

Dinner -

Snacks

Last edited:
Hey :) Sorry for leaving it a while, life's been a bit special lately! Sounds like you're doing well with both the food and the exercise stuff! :) u put me to shame lol.. I'm plannin on getting a wii and wii fit come end nov/dec time, hopefully inject some more regular focused exercise into the day..

Sure your weigh in will tell u lovely things with all that exercise :) xx

Back