Total Solution Zed's Exante Diary

Zedular

Ok, picking up again after planned holiday break. We did a week before we left and I lost 13lbs. We knew we'd be putting it back on (husband is joining in the fun!) but seemed like a good idea to have a week done before we left.

So I'm going to call this Day 1.

Weighed in at 17st 3lbs. (only put on 5lbs on holiday, pretty good result!)

I'm doing Total Solution (3 products a day) as I need a break from food temptation. Definitely an all or nothing girl. I'm here because I need the holding to account bit of posting weight. I've never written any sort of online blog before but I think being here will help - from the other diaries I've read here over the last couple of days this is a good way of staying on track.

I'm going to try just doing bars and meals. I can't get away with the shakes at the moment (bit gaggy) but might reintroduce them later on. Had them before holiday and I struggled so hopefully this is more sustainable for me. Husband prefers the shakes so I'll add in his reviews too.

We did do Exante a few years ago before we got married and lost well but I couldn't face going back after the food week so I'm not new to this but very aware that food week is something I need to prep for. I do feel more committed this time so going to just get on with it a week at a time. I think having bars is going to help a lot!

Breakfast: Chocolate Mint Cookie
Lunch: Caramel Crunch Bar
Tea: tbc. Probably Double Chocolate Bar.

Cookie was great, strong minty taste (masking the weird vitamin taste well!) good texture, like a dryish, dense cake.
Caramel bar a personal favourite. Chewy texture and fully coated in chocolate. Pretty sweet so I've only had half, off to eat the remaining bit now.

Here we go....

Hi and welcome, Zed!

So ballsed up a bit yesterday as only had 2 bars. My little girl decided it was bed time at 8.45 and I accidentally fell asleep next to her (it was my lie in yesterday so all my meals were much later than normal). As a result I had a VERY slow start this morning. Struggled through a Double Chocolate Chip Cookie over an hour with a cup of tea.

Toddler now having nap time so I weighed myself and I'm down 3lbs from yesterday. I know this is all water weight but got to start somewhere. This is similar loss to pre- holiday week loss so hopefully in for a great first week. (totally not advocating skipping meals, especially not on TS. I got to be in a fit state to chase after a 2 year old who never stops!)

Struggling to drink enough. Making an effort to always have a glass on the go today to boost intake.

Also I weigh every day. I know most advise against this but it works for me to see progress so I don't sabotage myself. As it all slows down I'll prolly move to once a week but I like the fast results early on and it keeps me going.

Right, off to tidy upstairs while it's still nap time. Going to take Double Chocolate Bar for lunch. Got left in fridge last night so off to have it now.

Welcome, welcome! Well done on your start, and I hope today has gone well. Great determination doing Week 1 again when you know how rubbish it is, but wow at your first loss... also starting already at 8lb down overall is going to be a flying start.

I keep saying Im going to stop daily weighing and I'm in week 11 and it's a lie. Personally it helps me keep my discipline. I can deal with daily increases because I understand those from water and hormones perspective... It's the staying the same sections that enrage me!

I daily weigh too! Really helpful.

Welcome, welcome! Well done on your start, and I hope today has gone well. Great determination doing Week 1 again when you know how rubbish it is, but wow at your first loss... also starting already at 8lb down overall is going to be a flying start.

I keep saying Im going to stop daily weighing and I'm in week 11 and it's a lie. Personally it helps me keep my discipline. I can deal with daily increases because I understand those from water and hormones perspective... It's the staying the same sections that enrage me!
Hi thanks for the welcome, was a bit grumpy this morning but don't feel too bad this time round. Seeing the numbers drop helps massively!

Day 3

Down 2lbs. Very happy as that's half a lb extra from the pre holiday effort!

Yesterday's selection:
Double Chocolate Cookie- pretty dry so hard work getting it eaten.
Caramel Crunch Bar - had this way later as I got totally involved with tidying upstairs (mum came to babysit so we could go to theatre- only second time we've had an evening out together in 2.5 years!)
Had a Pepsi max at the interval -living it up!
Banana Shake- diluted lots and with ice. Poor quality shaking resulted in a thin, lumpy consistency so walloped it down as quickly as I could before bed.

Today:
White Chocolate and Raspberry Cookie- Wow SO glad I only ordered 2 and that one of those is for husband. Reviews were right. Smells horrendous. No masking of the weird vitaminy taste all the products have. Dry as sticks. Took an hour of concerted effort to make it disappear. Still threw a little chunk in the bin. Grim.
Chocolate Mint Cookie- also dry but strong mintiness hides a multitude of sins.
Tea:tbc possibly a savory meal pack.

Note on weight recording. Using wii fit board to weigh in. It rounds off lbs so I'm just going to go with what it says rather than look at the half lbs. It'll all even out over time and it keeps it simple.

Been working my way through the diaries of those of you who have said hello 👋. Some of you have had some really tough times but have kept going. It's inspiring to see, thanks for sharing what you have.

I think work is going to be hard to manage as it is knackering but me and husband are really committed to sorting ourselves out this time so hopefully will keep each other on the straight and narrow. In the past we've let ourselves off when it's all gone to crap but I think we both need this to be the last time we have to shed significant weight.

I've put target at 12st but I should be closer to 11 as I'm 5'7". I haven't been anywhere near that for 10 years. I met husband and proceeded to eat with wild abandon. I had gestational diabetes during pregnancy and I want to be a normal bmi for any future pregnancy. Both my parents have type 2 diabetes and the GD was a little window into that reality I'd rather not risk. I also don't want my daughter having the same emotional relationship with food and weight. For the last decade I've been pretty unhappy with my weight and I just want to free up headspace for better things.

I haven't seen a photo of myself that I liked in years now and the recent holiday pics have just strengthened my resolve to get on and do this. My Facebook timehopped to a picture of me looking great at my sister's wedding. I have just packed away the beautiful silk dress I wore and promised myself I'd be in it for my little bro's wedding next year, 11 years to the day later. It's a size 16 so should be too big if I hit and maintain target but I thought that was a good visual to aim for.

Right off to read more before little one awakes (you'll notice I can only do anything during nap times!)

Day 4

1/2 a lb gain.

Felt skinnier - clearly shouldn't trust my skinnysense (might have something to do with how I found myself at this juncture...) I'm just going to assume TOTM is to blame as I've been very good. Or wearing jeans for weighing.

Off to drink water, mark some books and watch crap telly in the background. And stay away from the kitchen. In my tiny open plan kitchen/living room.

Keep the faith - I often feel skinny (totally know what you mean!) and haven't lost, then the scale catches up a few days later.

You've got this, and for all the right reasons.

I'm nervous about work starting up again too... Have been practising deferring first meal of the day, but our break isn't until 10.40 which is kinda pushing it. 8.45 before first class is probably better than the godawful hour I get up in the morning though. I do have at least 800 cal a day now (glory to Babybel): once you're comfortable with the downwards trend, do experiment if you're going to be totally wiped out. I can't do a 18k-step teaching day on 600 cal.

You're going to cruise towards that pretty dress. I have a ballgown that serves the same purpose. Keep at it... It's bloody amazing when you start noticing little things that are different!

Keep the faith - I often feel skinny (totally know what you mean!) and haven't lost, then the scale catches up a few days later.

You've got this, and for all the right reasons.

I'm nervous about work starting up again too... Have been practising deferring first meal of the day, but our break isn't until 10.40 which is kinda pushing it. 8.45 before first class is probably better than the godawful hour I get up in the morning though. I do have at least 800 cal a day now (glory to Babybel): once you're comfortable with the downwards trend, do experiment if you're going to be totally wiped out. I can't do a 18k-step teaching day on 600 cal.

You're going to cruise towards that pretty dress. I have a ballgown that serves the same purpose. Keep at it... It's bloody amazing when you start noticing little things that are different!

Thank-you for the encouragement. Going to basically see how many weeks I can last on 600 before I cannot control the urge to eat the sketchbooks. Or a passing child. My work friends are amazing and there will be a variety of New Year diets on the go come next week so they'll help keep my head in the game.

I'm better eating later so I think opportunity-wise it'll be easier at work while I'm busy. It'll be 7pm when I'm gnawing on my own arm!

Back