Total Solution Zed's Exante Diary

Well done, Zed - books and weight-wise! Keep it going :)

First week done and a loss of 9lbs in total.
Pretty pleased with that as I know it'll be much slower next week.

Had the Shepherd's Pie last night. Was nice to have something savoury as I'm sick of eating sweet things.

Struggling a bit with how long I'm going to need to do this for to be at target. Starting to think about what I'm going to do when weightloss slows down. I'm already pretty bored but trying to get my head round it. I'm rationalising it as 10 years of doing what I want equals 10 months of this. And hopefully I'll not do this to myself ever again.

Well done, awesome loss.

A way to look at it might be that it will take some months, but you're going to feel and look increasingly good as those months go on. It won't feel like such a grind, because your visual progress will bring you this peace and joy.

I felt similar after the first stone: still really fat, but living a miserable shoe-flavoured shake life? Wth is this...... But friend, now 3 stone down.... I just feel different about everything. I will do whatever, drink this frothy footwear water, to keep up the momentum of how good this feels. Time isn't dragging in the same way anymore, cos I look good NOW. Still over 13 stone, still a size 14 and want to be way better, but... When it's relative and being a big size/unhappy is so fresh in your memory, it. Is. Amazing.

Keep going keep going keep going.

Well done, awesome loss.

A way to look at it might be that it will take some months, but you're going to feel and look increasingly good as those months go on. It won't feel like such a grind, because your visual progress will bring you this peace and joy.

I felt similar after the first stone: still really fat, but living a miserable shoe-flavoured shake life? Wth is this...... But friend, now 3 stone down.... I just feel different about everything. I will do whatever, drink this frothy footwear water, to keep up the momentum of how good this feels. Time isn't dragging in the same way anymore, cos I look good NOW. Still over 13 stone, still a size 14 and want to be way better, but... When it's relative and being a big size/unhappy is so fresh in your memory, it. Is. Amazing.

Keep going keep going keep going.

Thank-you for the pep talk! Sounds silly but I hadn't really thought about looking better along the way. For me a size 14 would be amazing. I pretty much have a wardrobe for every size in the loft. Although it might be quite hilarious how out of date it is when I get there!

And you are spot on, everything does taste of shoes. Old shoes from the back of the cupboard.

Tried all the meals we had as craving savoury and compared to the other stuff they are great. I did say that about caramel crunch bars but after having them every day I'm going to add in a shake and a meal. We only bought one of each to test.

Exante website has other ideas. Just curry, cabonara and turkey dinner. I'm wary of carbonara and turkey (anyone had them?). Quite liked the curry one. I'm ignoring that the eggs thing exists. Don't really want to order with so little choice. What's restocking like? I feel like i've read people have had issues with this.

Liked the shepherds pie and the spag bol. Would love to try sweet and sour noodles.

Come on exante!

Definitely swerve the carbonara! It's just melted plastic. I know I'm rude about all exante's flavours and textures, but I really did feel that one was harmful to human life.

Day 14

Down to 16St 5lbs.
3lb loss this week.

Been back to work this week, managed fine but I've now cut out the skimmed milk for tea and just having water as my weight was up and down all week. I was only having a cup a day with the teeniest splash but I'm happy to give it up if I get more consistency.

Work however is stupidity busy. Hoping it will.calm down by half term.

Good work, Zed.

Well done, that's a great loss for the start of term. The stress alone makes the body hold onto water and fat.

You might find that you can easily add the milk back in after a few weeks and not have it affect you (I have a bit of dairy 3 or 4 days a week) but also you will train yourself out of it (milky coffee now makes me feel ill!)

Ok, picking up again after planned holiday break. We did a week before we left and I lost 13lbs. We knew we'd be putting it back on (husband is joining in the fun!) but seemed like a good idea to have a week done before we left.

So I'm going to call this Day 1.

Weighed in at 17st 3lbs. (only put on 5lbs on holiday, pretty good result!)

I'm doing Total Solution (3 products a day) as I need a break from food temptation. Definitely an all or nothing girl. I'm here because I need the holding to account bit of posting weight. I've never written any sort of online blog before but I think being here will help - from the other diaries I've read here over the last couple of days this is a good way of staying on track.

I'm going to try just doing bars and meals. I can't get away with the shakes at the moment (bit gaggy) but might reintroduce them later on. Had them before holiday and I struggled so hopefully this is more sustainable for me. Husband prefers the shakes so I'll add in his reviews too.

We did do Exante a few years ago before we got married and lost well but I couldn't face going back after the food week so I'm not new to this but very aware that food week is something I need to prep for. I do feel more committed this time so going to just get on with it a week at a time. I think having bars is going to help a lot!

Breakfast: Chocolate Mint Cookie
Lunch: Caramel Crunch Bar
Tea: tbc. Probably Double Chocolate Bar.

Cookie was great, strong minty taste (masking the weird vitamin taste well!) good texture, like a dryish, dense cake.
Caramel bar a personal favourite. Chewy texture and fully coated in chocolate. Pretty sweet so I've only had half, off to eat the remaining bit now.

Here we go....
Hi, I’m starting properly today too!

I go on holiday in three weeks and would love to loose 2st - I am aware this is probably unrealistic though lol and would still be delighted with 21lbs off x

I’m going to need lots of encouragement though and wish there was an app for this to keep me coming back.

Good luck, let’s do this x

Week 6ish
Quick check-in. Down to 15 St 6lbs.

I've been away for ages, just busy at work, family and being a mummy (potty training and teething) Just checked and that's almost a stone since last post 4 weeks ago.

I'm happy with the losses and it's starting to show physically now. My 18 skinny jeans are a little big on the thigh now and I reckon I could squeeze into a 16. My thighs keep getting skinny first then the rest catches up. Tummy still lagging. Sort it out!

Not been totally on plan as some days I'm not managing the 3 shakes when it's busy at work/home. I try to have something extra the following day to balance out (high protein usually) Not a great approach but it's what I am managing right now.

Enjoying shakes more now, just dilute them a bit more. The caramel latte is good in yhe morning. Have also swapped tea for coffee. I got a cafetiere for work so we're all caning the hot lava java to limp it through to half term.

Got a new box today with new stuff seeing as Exante has finally restocked on stuff that's been unavailable the whole time we've been doing this. Tried the pizza tonight. A bit pancakey but pretty passable.

Got next food week from Monday so trying to get as close to 15st as possible ready for the next stint.

4 days to go 😀

Had food week and back for another round on Monday. Put on 4lbs. Was good at start of the week and naughty near the end. Weighed twice so far this week, lost 2lbs first time then 3lbs this morning so back to losing.
We've said we'll be more careful next food week so we don't have the first week just fixing food week gains and starting to prepare for life beyond The Dust.
Realistically we've got 3 more rounds before Christmas. I'd love to be in the 13s by then. Will still have to do a bit in the new year but by Feb we might be back to real food again (hopefully with a much healthier relationship with it)

Well done Zed!
I started this week and if I can lose what you’ve lost between now and Christmas it would be amazing 👍

Well done Zed!
I started this week and if I can lose what you’ve lost between now and Christmas it would be amazing 👍
Good luck on your first week! There'll be tough times but if you can get your head round it the weight loss is pretty steady. We're just plugging away until we get healthier bmi, it's boring but I've gone from a size 20 to pulling on size 16 jeans this morning so it's totally worth it. My thinking is that I do this once and never again. All big clothes get charity shopped as soon as I'm out of them. The diaries on here are fantastic support and inspiration (and tips on which packets of dust to steer clear of!) to keep you motivated. I haven't checked if you have one but I like having mine to keep me going.
Look forward to seeing you round :)

Week 13ish: 14st 10lbs

Still plugging away. Trying to stay TS but straying with some low carb meals every now and then. Still losing-the graph on the wii is pretty encouraging and I'm now the lightest I've been since 2011 when we first got it.

If I was being better I know it'd be quicker so I'm trying to have a bit of a push pre Xmas. Would be amazing to see The 13s this year even just for one weigh in before the Xmas onslaught. (definitely relaxing over the holiday, will be ready for it again in January!) That would also mean I'd be in a better bmi band too :)

This evening the Wii reliably informs me that I have been away for 29 days and have gained 1st 2 lbs. Balls.

Am now 15 st 11 lbs. Off we go again!

We planned to have a proper break for Xmas before the final push between now and easter. Hoping some (all... 🤣) is water weight but totally ready to get back to it.

Hope no one else abandoned the wagon so spectacularly!

Hope no one else abandoned the wagon so spectacularly!

😂 Just about clinging onto the wagon, but mainly by accident. I took about 10 days off at Christmas, but ended up in bed with a bad cold so I didn’t eat anywhere near as much as usual. For once maybe the universe is trying to help me!

I’m on countdown now to a family holiday at the end of the month. Hoping to lose about 7-10lbs by then.

Back