zero cal drinks have knocked me out of ketosis!

katief

Hello everyone
On day 13 and have lost 16lb's which i'm so chuffed about. Just done a keto stick thingy though and it's really dark! only thing that has passes my lips, other than water and shakes has been pepsi max and fanta zero so it must be that? I thought that it was ok to drink these drinks but obviously not. I was wonderin if by doing some moderate exercise ( on the bike while enders is on!) will that speed me bein back in ketosis or doesn't it work like that?

Katie x x :confused:

Hello everyone
On day 13 and have lost 16lb's which i'm so chuffed about. Just done a keto stick thingy though and it's really dark! only thing that has passes my lips, other than water and shakes has been pepsi max and fanta zero so it must be that? I thought that it was ok to drink these drinks but obviously not. I was wonderin if by doing some moderate exercise ( on the bike while enders is on!) will that speed me bein back in ketosis or doesn't it work like that?

Katie x x :confused:

If the stick is dark you are in ketosis and need to drink MORE as you are dehydrated!! You have to worry if the stick dosen't change colour!!!

Don't panic!!:D

I'd say that the citric acid in Pepsi Max and Fanta Zero may have knocked you out of ketosis.

It's not allowed! Hopefully that's not the case. :)

The only zero-cal drinks allowed are -

Coke Zero
Tesco Diet Cola
M&S Diet Cola
Perfectly Clear Strawberry & Kiwi
Perfectly Clear Red Apple
CD Water Flavourings

All citric acid free!

However you aren't out of ketosis, as has already been said!

Also, don't worry too much about the stix. They aren't 100% accurate. So if it's dark, drink more water and if it stays dark just relax and ignore it.

when i've posted a thread and then log out how do I return to it next time?
The default setting automatically subscribes you to a thread the moment you post on it.

If you go to
Quick Links (on the dark blue bar above), then look down to
Subscribed threads.

It'll list them all.

You can unsubscribe from whichever ones you want by ticking the box beside them and going down to the bottom where is says
Remove from Folder.

Change that to 'delete subscription' and press 'GO'

Well done for the 16lbs. How fab is that!!

Dr Pepper Zero is citric acid free too...

that's just made me chuckle, I've only just found this thread again!!! thankyou for all the tips, hopefully I'll be on the right track now- although I did have a blip last night, had some wine and a chicken salad, back to it today though will bin the cans of pop I've got left to avoid temptation! xx

I too have trouble remembering where i am so thatnks for the "tick tip" I look at a thread and then can never find it again!

Back