zero drinks...?

Hi, I have been looking for other drinks i can drink. I have gone to supermarkets and checked mixing juices etc. If they have carbs in them that means you cant drink them doesnt it?

So far the only things that i can have (no carbs, no citric acid) are coke zero and dr pepper zero.

Is there drinks with carbs that you are aloud??

Lizzie, you'll find that anything with carbs will knock you out of ketosis. So dont do it!! Even if you find something that says it has 'Zero Net Carbs' - AVOID!!! Check and see if it has Polyols because most of these 'zero net carbs' things do - polyols are carbs too and will affect your ketosis. I know its boring but its safer to stick to the recommended drinks!

I know its boring but its safer to stick to the recommended drinks!

Oh!! I soooo agree!!! I have no idea how this recommendation for the drinks managed to slip it's way into the book. I feel sure someone was having an off day ;)

When this 'newish' book came out (previous said no to these drinks), I remember someone from Cambridge saying to have if you really must....( so in my mind....if you really can't cope without....if you are ready to rush to McDonalds or eat the kids).

And then she went on to say 'only one glass'.

I think many CDCs recommend that the above is followed.

Last edited:
Was called away to give a lesson, but have returned still on my party pooping horse :D

Another thing that bothers me is that newbies are often told on forums that they can have this or that in the way of citric acid free drinks, but hang on.....

The CD's own one isn't allowed until week 3. Well not recommended until then, so I just can't get my head around similar shop bought ones being allowed before that:confused:

Yes I know..it makes the diet bearable etc, but I just feel that sometimes people should be informed that it's not really recommended. Not really a part of the diet so to speak. If they chose to have it, then fine. That's their choice, as long as they know the facts and treat with caution.

Right...will get off my soap box now :D

soapbox.gif

Agree with Karion, I still recommend to all my clients that they avoid zero calorie drinks like the plague, it knocks people off the diet and although some people are ok with it I say to people why risk it! Experience also tells me that people who drink coke zero seem to retain water like sponges!!

Here's hoping the new reprint of the SS book gets rid of the zero calorie drink option!!

Water, water, water and a black coffee when out and about ;-)

Mike

Back