Zero Noodles??

zzjanliz

Hi everyone, Im currently on a low calorie diet which has worked very well (lost about 14lbs) but am getting a little bored now and so want to try thr Atkins plan to lose the next stone.
My diet currently consists of Zero Noodles for dinner every night...which i think i can still eat on this plan as they are zero net carbs...i think? Does anyone know for sure before i begin???

Sounds ok if they are no carbs. What are they called and where do you get them from?

ah ok I've found them :)

Thanks Louise. I actually emailed them to make sure they are ok on the Atkins diet..they said they were. They have no net carbs, no sugar, no fat and only 10cals per pack, they are also really high in fiber (which i imagine would be quite useful on this diet!!). They are fab! they are definately worth trying as a filler or pasta alternative if you are missing it. :)

Are you talking about shiritaki noodles?

Just had a look online for them... They are exactly shiritaki noodles...I quite liked them when I tried them, I had totally forgot about them.

Wash them out well with cold water then boil them . I use them to make a chow mein , beef/chicken with some chopped broccoli and soy sauce , all thrown in a wok/pan

Never heard of them before this thread so thank you, will definitely be giving them a go!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I bought two packs of these to try some time ago. When they arrived I looked at them and thought, hmmmm! They looked weirdly gelatinous and sorta odd and I was afraid I might feel nauseous so I never did get around to cooking them. You have just reminded me that I have them stashed in the back of my cupboard, somewhere! lol.

Might buy more if they are really nice.

haha yes the do look a little strange in the pack but once mixed with food they look the same as rice noodles...you should give them a go :)

Hi guys, i just wanted to let you know that last night i used these to make chicken laksa and it was absolutely lovely! defo the best recipe i have tried with these..if you have them you should all try this as it works really well with them.

Im still needing some more recipes to try with them so if anyone has any suggestion please do let me know xxx

Chicken carbonara is nice with them :)

ZZ when you have a chance could you post your laksa recipe in the Just Recipes sticky? Cheers :)

Back