Zero noodles

FluffyandAngry

I'm wondering if any of you have these on a regular basis?! I read somewhere that S&S have said that you can eat as many as you like. I've found myself having two packets in the last two days and am a little concerned about it even though we've been told it's safe.

It seems too good to be true!

I have half a pack every day (I split it with my OH), but on occasion when I'm really hungry, I have a whole pack (once a week maximum). I wouldn't recommend having more than that - as they can clog you up and make you feel bloated. :)

Last edited:
It's this stuff:
Zero Noodles 200g or
Eat Water Slim Noodles 200g

Makes a good addition to a food pack. They're pretty much an insoluble fibre with hardly any calories or carbohydrates in them. Should just pass through - but too much of it can clog the system!

Note though: they don't taste like pasta - kind of more like a bean sprout - 'crunchy' and tasteless.

No real difference - except in cost - it's just two different companies producing the same thing. The purple packet ones come in different shapes, thin noodles, 'rice', spaghetti, fettucine (long flat wide stips) and penne (haven't tried). The spaghetti ones have a very nice wholesome shape to them - very realistic.

I go mainly on cost difference as I share a pack per day with the OH. :)

Tempted to try the zero noodles but they are a bit expensive! You'll have to let us know how they are amethyst, I reckon they'll sit perfectly in a chicken stir fry!

I've looked at them as well but they're just ridiculously priced to order online and I don't have a chinese supermarket near me. Might look next time I'm in Manchester though. I figure I don't really NEED anything extra. Once I'm in ketosis, I'm not actually hungry. Might feel like a nice treat sometimes when I feel tempted though. If you want them you're better off looking in a local chinese supermarket, you'll get them a lot cheaper there. They're called shirataki noodles, most chinese supermarkets/food shops will have them.

Last edited:
Basically, if something mentions calories or carbs in it's name, don't buy it! It'll be an inflated price to try and reach the diet market. There's nothing new about those noodles, they're not a diet product. Wing Yip sell them online for £1.25 a pack but I've seen them in chinese supermarkets for 75p a pack.

Darn ! I know now and if I like them I will go to a Chinese shop and buy them from there. Sure there is one in leicester somewhere.

Yeah I'm sure there will be, should have them in every big city somewhere! I'm just trying to find where my nearest one is now that I've moved. Really need to stock up on spices and things too.

Also, soak them in water for a while before cooking them. 10-15 minutes should do, will soften them up :)

Thank you :)

Do you know if these can be reheated? Like cook tonight and reheat at work tomorrow?

Hmm I'm not sure, never tried. I probably wouldn't, could you cook it all up and then take out some for the next day, add uncooked noodles to that and then add noodles to cook with the rest? That might work better.

I've tried the zero noodles and slim pasta from holland and Barrett... The noodles are better than the pasta in my opinion :)

I would go easy with any sort of seasoning on these! I started trying to put chilli and garlic in with them, but it soaks up absolutely ALL the flavour and was not easy to eat. Even a bit of pepper is too much for them! I now use a bit of bouillon and have them in a sort of broth, they then taste a bit supernoodle-y :)

Oh I also sometimes use the pan that I've cooked my chilli/spaghetti in and it soaks up the excess yumminess!

I went OTT on these this last week but still lost 3lbs! If you do get bunged up then Senokot is your friend :)

Oh I also sometimes use the pan that I've cooked my chilli/spaghetti in and it soaks up the excess yumminess!

I went OTT on these this last week but still lost 3lbs! If you do get bunged up then Senokot is your friend :)

Just out of curiosity - what do you mean by over the top? Like 1 whole pack per day? Or sometimes having two? Just so I don't feel guilty when I have more than half a pack per day :p

Back