Zero Point Ratatoiulle?

Sneeze

Silver Member
Tried to make spaghetti sauce last night but because I put too many veggies in, ended up with ratatouille!! :rolleyes:

But it wasn't very well seasoned etc because I'd only intended it to be a sauce for something.

Does anyone have any good recipes for zero point ratatouille? I assume it can be made zero point since its essentially just veggies, chopped tomatoes and seasoning?

Hi, I make it as follows:-

Courgettes chopped up. (We usually only use one and chop it up small)
Fresh garlic
salt n pepper to taste
sprinkle of worcester sauce (optional)
chopped peppers
chopped mushroom
tin of chopped toms or you can use passata

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys. :D I think this is going to become a big part of my diet now. I absolutely love it and would rather have it with meat or fish than carbs. :)

Stick a knorr veg or chicken stock cube in if it taste a little bland, I put them in everything. Well worth the pp's. You can have 2 cubes for 1pp.x

I make mine in the slow cooker-whop in the veg ( I use onions,red ones work really well, aubergines,courgette,peppers and mushrooms, chopped tinned toms ,garlic and blackpepper, mixed herbs.

Delicious with chicken !!

Oh guess what I'm making tomorrow !!!LOL

Is the tinned version free pp or not? prob got lots of points, anyone got an idea as I have a tin sitting in the cupboard and it would be nice to use it.

Check the ingredients, its likely to have oil in it... But otherwise you could just calculate the NV's and see how many pp it comes out as?

You've just reminded me how much I used to love making it too!
Diced red onion, courgette, peppers, fresh tomatoes, garlic and lots of black pepper. Might have that for my tea tonight :)

EmzieVee said:
You've just reminded me how much I used to love making it too!
Diced red onion, courgette, peppers, fresh tomatoes, garlic and lots of black pepper. Might have that for my tea tonight :)

Do you just bung it all in a pan together or do you fry the veg first?

Tonic said:
Do you just bung it all in a pan together or do you fry the veg first?

Anyone?

Back