zero point soup

bjwwil

cauliflower, broccoli, peppars, tin toms, black peppar, bovril to tone down tomato-y-ish-ness.

Result..... absolutely foul :wave_cry:

any tips for a tasty no point soup please :)

Any veg really my favourite is Butternut squash, Red pepper and onions dry fry in pan for a bit of extra flavour then add 2 stock cubes knorr are 1/2 point so barely anything add water i put enough to just cover veg, then boil till soft and puree. Its lovely. Salt and pepper too

xx

I have been buying frozen stew packs,which are carrot,swede,onion,celery and leek ,just throwing it in a pan with stock cubes (all are free) and boiling for about an hour, then blending. Really quick and tasty veg soup.

i roast butternut squash and red peppers with some garlic, fry light, chilli powder and salt and pepper in the oven for about 40 mins. Then simmer it on the hob with a tin of tomatos and vegetable stock. Blend down once its all soft and add some chopped corriander and low fat creme fraiche if you like. yumyumyum

Here is my recipe for no point soup which i think tastes yummy!

3 red peppers
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 stock cube made up to 1 pint(your choice i like ham)
2 cans of tinned or plum toms
salt n pepper
(i also used italien herbs for flavour)

Sweat the onions, peppers and garlic in a pan with a tiny spot of oil for about 5-10 mins. Add in tinned toms and stock and seasoning bring to boil turn down and leave to simmer for as long as you can wait (at least half an hour but the longer u leave it the better it seems to taste) I blend mine after its done because i dont like lumps :) u can leave it as is if u like it that way!

Enjoy guilt free!!! mmmmmmmm

Today i let it reduce and thicken a bot longer and used it as a no point pasta sauce and it was delish...... :)

xxxx

Oh and to make it less tomatoey you could use more stock maybe ??? Not sure tho never tried it... and i occasionally add a wee teaspoon of sugar takes the bitterness away a wee bit!

hope that helps folks xxxx

I make a thai / chinese soup which I hope is o points - been drinking gallons of it! Its spicy so deals with my asian food cravings! Add 8 wontons for 5 point lunch.

1 litre veg stock
1 garlic clove minced
1 thumb sized piece of ginger minced
250g fine green beans sliced into mouth-size pieces
4 spring onions chopped
1 red chilli sliced
1 zucchini / cougette sliced
handful of cilantro / fresh corriander added at the end
yum

Back