zippady doodaa... it ain't!

Bluepaws

humph..... I'm beginning to lack the motivation to carry on... don't know what's wrong with me today. Must be the weather, having a gloomy day has put me in a gloomy mood.

I see my cdc on fri, having not seen her for three weeks i'm not really looking forward to it, tbh. At my last weigh in, I was 11st 13lbs, great! :) On Fridays' weigh in, i'll probably still be the same and I'm not looking forward it, because I have to face facts then, I've let myself and my cc down :(
The thing is see, in the first of the three weeks I was invited out for a birthday meal..that was fine, I had every intention of sitting there sipping my water whilst my friends ate, they know all about my diet so I wouldn't have had to answer any questions or get all embarrassed about it. But then I thought, nah, it'll be fine...I'll treat myself and I've got nearly 3 weeks to make up for it before seeing my cc. But it didn't really work out like that, I pigged out...not badly, but enough. And I went up to 12st 10lbs! In a week!

Anyway, after my unsuccessful week, I've actually stuck to ss'ing for TWO WEEKS!!! Can't believe it :) Buuuuuuut, I've only worked off the extra I put on in that first week, and now I feel a bit deflated and blah...

I know, it was my own fault, and lol...I'm expecting miracles!

I'm still not happy with my weight or size (although am sitting here wearing a pair of next size 12 jeans! -they must be a generous fit though) and I sooo want to carry on with the diet but I just seem to lack the motivation today. Oh I dunno.... don't even know why I'm posting this...just thought I'd get it off my chest....:eek:

Bluepaws

You are a lot further on in the diet than me so Im probably not the best person to give advice, but instead of beating yourself up about the bad week, congratulate yourself for the 2 good weeks SS you've had since then. Be honest with your CDC when you see her and just look back at some of the fantastic losses you have had, you can soon get that last 27lb off if you stick to the plan, but you need to be determined and do it for your own sake and not because you think the cdc will tell you off!

Perhaps arrange your next wi for only a week instead of 3 so you are not tempted to go off the rails this time.
Good Luck.

Bluepaws - don't be so hard on yourself.

There are plenty of posts on here about falling off the wagon - and as we always say - you are only human. You have drawn a line under the experience and have climbed back on the wagon and are back on the right path. The only thing you can do now is to move on and not dwell on the past - look to the future instead, the future with the slim you in it!!

You can do this, by the way I always thought next were a little stingy on the sizes!!

well done for getting yourself back on track, i think seeing your cdc every week will be much better, at first i only used to go every 2 then changed it to every week and it was so much better, kept me on track :D

i always thought next sizes were a bit stingy so was surprised while looking for an outfit for my sisters wedding i got into a size 14 top... ive never been a size 14 on top, even when i got down to a size 12 bottoms i still was in a 16 top :D

Bluepaws you have done so well - don't let one little blip become a major obstacle and take you back down the road of putting more on. (Been there - now wearing the oversize tee-shirt again!)
Your CDC won't think any the less of you - this diet is for you .... she's there to support you.
Hope today is a better day - and you have a really good week.

Someone said to me once that losing weight is a bit like a train journey..

Some people take the fast train and stop at no stations, getting there in the fastest time..

Some people take the slow train, stop at a few stations - but even though it takes them longer they still do the same journey and get to the same point..

That's a really valid point.. You'll get there, the same way as we all will get there... You may stop off at a few stations along the way - even admire the view for a bit while you're there - but when you're ready you'll get back on that train and head off to the end station again!!

Sounds like you're doing that again already! Keep going!!!

xxx

Someone said to me once that losing weight is a bit like a train journey..

Some people take the fast train and stop at no stations, getting there in the fastest time..

Some people take the slow train, stop at a few stations - but even though it takes them longer they still do the same journey and get to the same point..

That's a really valid point.. You'll get there, the same way as we all will get there... You may stop off at a few stations along the way - even admire the view for a bit while you're there - but when you're ready you'll get back on that train and head off to the end station again!!

Sounds like you're doing that again already! Keep going!!!

xxx

never thought of it like that but its a good point and something to remember :D

Thanks ladies!

I know it's still quite early in the day, but I'm feeling more upbeat about it all today, especially after reading your posts, so thanks again :) Sunflowerbride- that's great... a good way to think about it....I'll know i'll get there, eventually! lol :) All I need to do now is keep myself in the right frame of mind. I think i'm getting bored with it for a couple of reasons... quite a few birthday celebrations and gatherings involving food this past month (and if people aren't eating it, they're talking about it! lol) I'm being strong and resisting (well except for the evening out 3 weeks ago) But I get so jealous, they're all having fun and munching their way through some delicious food and there I am with a blinkning glass of water...again! I'm also getting some lovely compliments and comments, which I'm certainly not complaining about, but I'm thinking, maybe if they think I look ok, then I do and so the motivation is slowly dithering away. Silly, I know..it should spur me on more really. I want to reach bmi 25...at least.... before I i'm done, then will see how I feel when I eventaully get there! lol.

Think i'll definately try and see my cc every week from now on, probably the best thing to do (never really thought of that) (duh) :) It's only been 3 weeks this time as my cc went on hols, it's usually every 2 weeks. Even then, I let myself down in the first few days and then try making up for it quickly before our next meeting but I need to get myself out of the habit. It's like that song..'2 steps forward and three steps back' lol...that just sprung to mind! :)

Back