Zumba

cmcewn

Silver Member
Hi, I was thinking of buying the Zumba CD's and wondered if anybody has them or has been doing the classes. It is supposed to be great for losing weight?

Anybody know if its any good?

Thanks

Carole

I've been doing the classes since February and they are fab!!!!! A fantastic workout and great fun!!! My instructor is on holiday at the mo and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!!! :-D

what is zumba? they do classes at my leisure centre but too busy getting to grips with gym and swimming to look at classes yet...

I bought the dvds which are great fun.

This week I'm taking my lap top and the discs to class to play during WI. After trying to explain to everyone last week what I was on about we decided it would be easier if I showed them.

Would be good if I could get the whole class up to have a go. :)

zumbafitness.co.uk

Its a new type of fitness class but more like latin american dancing, its taken the states by storm apparentely and now its here. It does look like great fun.

Thanks for that. Do you have to be superfit to do it, I am far from that right now but I thought it might help me get started losing weight and getting fit at the same time? The whole set is £50 a bit pricey but if it will help me lose Im willing to pay it. Is it worth it?

I have the dvd's also and love it.

They are different levels in the set. So you can start off on the basics one and work your way through. The basic one breaks the steps down from slow to fast. They are suitable for all ages and fitness level etc.

Thanks girls that settles it Im going to put my order in. Nothing ventured eh lol - thanks again for your help

I am going to my first class this Monday - really looking forward to trying it out! will update how i get on (i hope i dont wear myself out tomorrow doing RFL!!!) xxx

I bought the DVDs and tried the 1st one (where they break down the steps) - found it quite tricky, but I guess it gets easier the more you do it!!

My problem is my hips - they just won't move as they are supposed to for Zumba!!! I'm lucky I live on my own!!!!

wow this looks great fun
I am going to try it at home first and then work up the courage to join a class

I bought the DVDs and tried the 1st one (where they break down the steps) - found it quite tricky, but I guess it gets easier the more you do it!!

My problem is my hips - they just won't move as they are supposed to for Zumba!!! I'm lucky I live on my own!!!!

Hi Andilou, did you get the DVD's from the Zumba website or elsewhere? Thanks :rolleyes:

I love dancing so it would not be like a workout at all and I adore Latin American music...........bring it on !!!!

It looks like something I could do at home. I am so glad you started this thread I could have lived in ignorance of zumba forever lol.

xxx

I love dancing so it would not be like a workout at all and I adore Latin American music...........bring it on !!!!

It looks like something I could do at home. I am so glad you started this thread I could have lived in ignorance of zumba forever lol.

xxx

Glad to help! :) Putting my order in on the website unless anybody knows where you can get it cheaper?

Well my O/H managed to "get" the DVD for me so will be giving it a go sooner than I thought

Hi Shanny do you think it has helped with your weight loss it certainly looks energetic enough to help but at the same time fun

Back