Zumba

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
I've recently discovered Zumba, it's fabulous exercise! I was scared to go to the class at first because I was sure it'd be full of Lycra clad beauties with washboard stomachs but no.... It's full of every shape size and age. Some people are great at it, others (me included) have no coordination at all!

It's such a good work out and anyone can do it no matter what your level of fitness is because you can stick with the low impact moves or go for the more taxing high impact variation!

Ha ha I sound like an advert campaign but I love it and I'd urge anyone who's thinking about giving it a try to go along!!! Xxx

No point me paying to do it as just a 3 minute song has me reaching for my sprays (I have moderate to severe emphysema) but there are a few on youtube that I do a couple of times a day.

The classes really do look like fun and I dont think you would really feel like youre working out...youre dancing! Definitely worth considering if you have no health problems, fun and fitness in one...don't get that often!

ive been to the class twice but its very hard to get time off from my 2 kiddies!! my partners rarely back from work at 7.30pm for me to go to it - its a shame really but ive heard theres a zumba wii game coming out in feb which should be good!! xx

There's also one for the xbox kinect, I'm going to get that one after Christmas (if Santa doesn't bring it for me lol).

oo yay i got dp a wii and kinect for his birthday and xmas ( his bithday on xmas eve) so i can use them muhaaa lol x

Wooo i'm excited about them bringing Zumba games out... Keep me updated, will have to pre-order!! :D xx

I think its feb time they come out! I know me too!!

I love zumba!! It's one of those classes that you can really have a laugh at! I've just got kinect too and I'm gunna get zumba for that too - looks as good as the classes. If you go onto play.com, they have a mini video so you can see what it does! x

Missus_L said:
I love zumba!! It's one of those classes that you can really have a laugh at! I've just got kinect too and I'm gunna get zumba for that too - looks as good as the classes. If you go onto play.com, they have a mini video so you can see what it does! x

I'm thinking about getting that one too I'll have a look at the vid and it might help me decide. I love the kinect, it's brilliant.

I have to agree!! I set it up last night and was playing on the dance central game. Can't wait to buy more games for it!

Ooh i love zumba. Around here there are loads and all drop in so you just pay when you go. Downside is you have to decide to go!

I like the classes because the teachers are always so happy and smiley - must be high on exercise :) Also you can do at lo impact so dont kill yourself

It's the same where I am! I love it. Back to it this Thursday!! I'm just waiting for the game to arrive to try out for when I can't make it!

Would love a kinnect but cant justify new machine since we have a wii. Will have to wait for zumba wii....

If anyone is thinking about getting the Zumba game for the Xbox Kinect I'd totally recommend it!!!!! Mine came today and I've only messed about with it but it's bloody brilliant, a lot of the moves are familiar from class but it's got some different moves too, it's great, I can Zumba anytime I want now yay!!!!

Surfhunny said:
If anyone is thinking about getting the Zumba game for the Xbox Kinect I'd totally recommend it!!!!! Mine came today and I've only messed about with it but it's bloody brilliant, a lot of the moves are familiar from class but it's got some different moves too, it's great, I can Zumba anytime I want now yay!!!!

I'm jealous I want no need it now!! I've only got a wii so got to wait till 4th feb for the wii one to be released x

Trust me it'll be worth the wait!!! It's fab!!

I'm very upset, no more zumba for me for a while because I've torn my calf muscle (not at zumba). It's going to be a good 4-6 weeks before I can even think about getting back to light exercise and even longer before zumba :(

Zumba is better than any antidepressant!!! The should give it out on prescription :0) I love zumba x

Just been reading about Zumba. Never heard of it until recently. There is a class just started near me. Might be brave and take the plunge and go this week as think it will do me good.

Especially if like you say its better than any antidepressant which i should be on but cant take.

Trying-again, it's definitely worth going to, I love it. It doesn't matter how co-ordinated you are it's just good fun!! In our class there's all shapes and sizes and you can make it as high impact as you like because they show you the easy move and the hard one so you just go at a level you're comfortable with and still get a great work out.

I'm devastated that I won't be able to go for a few weeks because of my injury, but I guess if I ever want to go again I need to let myself recover properly. Oh and I didn't get hurt at zumba, it was running that did it :(

Back