Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Zumba

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Sally21, 13 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Sally21

Sally21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.74%)
    Diet:
    WW Discovery
    Hi, There is a Zumba class near me starting soon and i'm debating whether to join or not. I love Latino music,and love dancing so this sounds great for me and it looks great fun (just had a look at some videos on youtube)

Do you have to be quite fit in the first place ? I use the Wiifit plus every day for about 45 mins (Jogging, Jack Knives, and other toning excercises) so it's not like I'm totally unfit.

I would also like to get a Zumba DVD, any recommendations ?

Thanks ! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. halcyon

halcyon Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you're from the UK, you can get the dvds from zumbafitness.co.uk.

4. SugarMummy2010

SugarMummy2010 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.96%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating and Exercising :)
    Hey :)

I use to go to zumba, you will not be disappointed, it is such a fun way of exercise - totally recommend it :)
    As far as needing to be fit, you will have no worries, when I first went I had exactly the same worries and at that point I had done no exercise for quite some time and still found it easy to follow.
    Hope you enjoy your first class :) x

5. Strawberry78

Strawberry78 Member

Start Weight:
    17st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.5lb(7.22%)
    I've never been to zumba classes, can't advise you on that, but I love the dvds! I'm not a terribly coordinated person so it took me a few times to keep up with it, but each time I do them I sweat tons and burn quite a few calories. I'm not - and haven't been- in very good shape at all, and I can keep up so I'm sure you can too. :)

6. Sally21

Sally21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.74%)
    Diet:
    WW Discovery
    Thanks for the replies guys :) I may take the plunge next week and join the class :eek: I'm just surfing T'intynet looking for a good deal on a DVD..they seem expensive to me. Thanks again !

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.