Zumba

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Sally21, 13 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Sally21

Sally21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.74%)
    Diet:
    WW Discovery
    Hi, There is a Zumba class near me starting soon and i'm debating whether to join or not. I love Latino music,and love dancing so this sounds great for me and it looks great fun (just had a look at some videos on youtube)

Do you have to be quite fit in the first place ? I use the Wiifit plus every day for about 45 mins (Jogging, Jack Knives, and other toning excercises) so it's not like I'm totally unfit.

I would also like to get a Zumba DVD, any recommendations ?

Thanks ! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. halcyon

halcyon Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you're from the UK, you can get the dvds from zumbafitness.co.uk.

4. SugarMummy2010

SugarMummy2010 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.96%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating and Exercising :)
    Hey :)

I use to go to zumba, you will not be disappointed, it is such a fun way of exercise - totally recommend it :)
    As far as needing to be fit, you will have no worries, when I first went I had exactly the same worries and at that point I had done no exercise for quite some time and still found it easy to follow.
    Hope you enjoy your first class :) x

5. Strawberry78

Strawberry78 Member

Start Weight:
    17st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.5lb(7.22%)
    I've never been to zumba classes, can't advise you on that, but I love the dvds! I'm not a terribly coordinated person so it took me a few times to keep up with it, but each time I do them I sweat tons and burn quite a few calories. I'm not - and haven't been- in very good shape at all, and I can keep up so I'm sure you can too. :)

6. Sally21

Sally21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.74%)
    Diet:
    WW Discovery
    Thanks for the replies guys :) I may take the plunge next week and join the class :eek: I'm just surfing T'intynet looking for a good deal on a DVD..they seem expensive to me. Thanks again !

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.