ZUMBA???

Pinklady1911

serial dieter!!!
Im 4 weeks into my vlcd! and wondered if anyone out there has or is doing zumba classes and feels ok? I used to love zumba but havent dared to do it since eating so little! Or am i best just doing some low cardio with a few weights for toning! ive noticed my arms are getting abit flabby :(

Hi Pinklady.

I have done alot of exercise including zumba before I started SnS , however have felt weak in the gym as when I exercise.

You could try it but dont put all your effort in and see if you feel ok and gradually increase it.

I have fainted in the gym before on a VLCD. It was soooo embarassing . I felt awful to, it wasnt pleasant.

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was a good 8 weeks into the diet before I felt ready for exercise (having done none at all whatsoever before). I'm currently doing around 45 min cardio and many reps on lightweights and loving it too (strange! strange!). The only thing I've noticed is an increased need for water to avoid dehydration.
I reckon the best thing is to listen to your body. All the best x

Thanks for the info! will give it a whirl and see how i get on taking it easy :)

I am sure you'll be fine with zumba as there are always low options arent they?

I have been itching to do some exercise, muscles are twitching for a work out but my body just feels so heavy at the same time :confused:

I know what you mean, when i first started i really struggled with low energy! im ok now im well into the fiet, i have a gym membership and hardly used it this month so far, so im going to go tomorrow and build it up! i used to go 5 times a week burning around 600-700 cals every time! i sure a shell wont be doing that, i dont want to pass out the embarrassment would be too much!!!

i wouldnt put too much pressure on yourself to work out, the losses are rapid enough as they are really?

Maybe just stick to toning to keep up muscle mass and strength. I was always in the gym before too, but found my excess weight was holding me back. So i am taking a legitimate break from my membership while I shift some weight then go back on it once I start refeeding, cos that's when I am gonna need the metabolic boost !!

Just saying, maybe just go for a walk and do some weights until refeed?

Yeah thats what i thought id do! just a walk on the treadmill, abit on the bike because im sat down and then do a few toning exercises but nothing to intense! im noticing my flappy arms and tummy could do with tightening up, along with everywhere else like, but they are causing me some concern so im going to start doing something now! im just abit worried that doing exercise may make me hungry!

cardio probably will make you hungry!! I think you have the best idea, just do 20 mins cardio warm up (walking/light cycling) then hit the weights. Even if its low weights and lots of reps at least its keeping your muscle protein where it should be, rather than being eaten up by your liver! :eek:

Back