◄ Blueberry Gallette ►

Not suitable for those in the early stages but something to look forward to as it tastes great!

2tb Oat Bran
1tb Wheat Bran
1 Egg
1tb Sweetener
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tb Yoghurt (s/c homemade or low fat)
handful of Blueberries

Now I know 1tb of sweetener is a lot so if you are not happy with that amount, just add the amount you are happy with to taste.

Mix all ingredients together (except blueberries).

Pre heat a small (20cm best) non stick pan on max setting.

Pour in mixture, swirl slighty to get to make sure it covers the whole of the pan.

Scatter the blueberries on top of the batter mixture.

Turn down to min heat, set timer for 10 mins and DO NOT touch at all.

If you have a decent non stick pan it will not stick to the pan.

I use a dry pan, nothing added at all to grease it (£4.99 from Wilkinsons).

After 10 mins, place a pan lid on top of the pan, just big enough to cover the whole of the gallette.

Set timer and leave for 3 mins (still on low heat).

I do this as you can't really turn the gallette over because of the berries.

Get a thin spatula and run it around the outside of the gallette and then slide it out onto a plate.

Eat either plain or with added plain yoghurt.

;)

7534516.jpg

8567534.jpg

Last edited:
A thing of beauty! And wow, your gallette is so much more fluffy, light and luscious than mine! Mine is more like a dried up piece of shoe leather, no bready texture at all. I'll have to work on my technique, guessing my pan is too large also. Nice to see you're not beating whites separately. Tried that once and texture was better but not worth the trouble.

A thing of beauty! And wow, your gallette is so much more fluffy, light and luscious than mine! Mine is more like a dried up piece of shoe leather, no bready texture at all. I'll have to work on my technique, guessing my pan is too large also. Nice to see you're not beating whites separately. Tried that once and texture was better but not worth the trouble.

That was the problem I had when I started making them, the pan was too wide, I think it was a 30cm pan.

I did try just using the white of the egg once and the texture was amazing but I can't be bothered with the faff.

Try and get one of the pans below from Wilkinsons, they are quite well made and give perfect results, as long as the pan is red hot when you pour in the batter mix.

Wilko Kitchen Frying Pan Non-Stick Metallic Black 20cm | Frying Pans | | Pots, Pans & Frying from Wilkinson Plus

;)

Thanks, I'll have to pick up one of those. I can see why the gallette is such a nice treat now. Mine was a chore to get down!

Thanks, I'll have to pick up one of those. I can see why the gallette is such a nice treat now. Mine was a chore to get down!

Adding sweetener makes a big difference.

Have you tried making your own yoghurt in the slow cooker?

I eat that with the gallette, it is so creamy you don't actually need any flavouring or sweetener with it (although I add difference extracts or jelly crystals to it when I fancy a change).

Once strained it is very thick greek style yog but isn't sour at all, mor like a double cream.

Take a look at the link under my signature for further details or just go straight to the recipe forum.

;)

i mix rhubarb & yoghurt then fill a folded over gallette with it

My first goes at making these things have been pretty disastrous. But this morning I thought I'd have a go at this, but then realised too late that I had no blueberries. :( Had to do something with the mix, so made them and put sugar free maple syrup on them with some bacon - historic!!

I've just realised they're very like scotch pancakes - at least mine are!

Will defo do these again- thanks so much - think I can do these now!

My first goes at making these things have been pretty disastrous. But this morning I thought I'd have a go at this, but then realised too late that I had no blueberries. :( Had to do something with the mix, so made them and put sugar free maple syrup on them with some bacon - historic!!

I've just realised they're very like scotch pancakes - at least mine are!

Will defo do these again- thanks so much - think I can do these now!

Glad that it turned out fine in the end. :D

The trick is def to have a hot pan before you put the mix in.

;)

I have a yogurt cooker. Got it before learning you could make it in a slow cooker. I haven't made any since starting Dukan, but will. In the states there's a fab Greek yogurt, fage, which is wonderful! I've been lazy and buying that but with the amount i'm eating, it's on my list this weekend to make a batch.

Your blueberry gallette got me remembering cheese blintzes. Will have to see if I can improvise. Seem to remember ricotta cheese as the filling base...

Back