♥ Nicki's ♥ Diary - I've been here the whole time, the whooooooooooooooooole time!

Thanks Guys. Well i'm officially restarting tomorrow, was going to be today but todays been a bit of a nightmare, was in work at 7am, rushed home at 8.30am to check i'd turn my straighteners off, back to work 15mins later. Home at 2pm, had a nap which made me more tired and more grouchy then before the nap. I am going back to work at 11pm to do some test runs on the computer systems which could last till 3am. Seemed like a good idea when i said yes, not so much now. Only going to be 2 of us in a 9 story building in the middle of a city, if i see a ghost i'm out of there! My boss said it might only take 30 mins but we're kinda hoping it lasts longer then that so its actually worth being there.

If you ever here me talking about attempting a 7 day week again, slap me! I'm shattered and still got another 3 days till my next day off, i am looking forward to 50hrs worth of dosh though! Had some rather sad news today, my best mates mum has been given only a few more hours to live, she's been poorly for as long as i've known her but she's always fought on, very sad indeed. I'm not very good in situations like this, mainly because i tend to burst into tears just thinking about it, i've offered my support but not much else to be done now. My friend is only a year older then me, 26 and she's already lost her dad, she is an amazingly strong person though and i do love her to bits. Anyway tearing up again so gonna mooooooove on. Was supposed to weigh this morning and completely forget, think Friday will be weigh day though. Haven't eaten a lot today just a breakie bar and some left over pizza, still under points though and not feeling very hungry at the mo so should be ok. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Hey Nicki, stumbled across your diary and decided to say a friendly hello :)
It does sound like you've had a sh.t week missy, I really feel for your friend. A pal of mine is in an identical boat, he lost his mum a couple of weeks ago and is now on his own with the house and everything... He's strong, he'll be fine in time, but it is a winding road. I'm sure your friend will stay strong too.
As for you!! Here's to being on track. Have you worked out how many points you are allowed? Here's to taking it one day at a time!! :D
Have a good weekend, it will soon be your day off!

Hey Hun,
Thanks for visiting :D I am on a massive 30 points a day and currently trying to eat 3 times a day without snacking so i think i might struggle eating them all, if i've got loads left i'll have some fat coke or milk. Just got to get my portion size under control, being on slimming world destroyed all sense of portion control, could easily polish of a packet of pasta in a day. Anywhoooo have a lovely weekend x

Hey :) Hows your saturday going?
I would SO struggle with 30 a day, especially not having snacks..! Add some fruit snacks, that's what I would do..!
I'm meant to be on 27 points, but since I am a lazy bum and do nowhere near "10,000 steps" a day.... I decided to cut back to 25 points, and even then, struggle to get the 25 sometimes without filling up on junk...

I know what you mean about portion control too, I must have been on about 3 or 4 packs of pasta a week on SW. Miracle I lost on SW to be honest, no idea how it worked!

Maybe try 5 smaller meals a day, rather than 3 big ones? Worth a shot, I guess!

Have a good weekend!! x

Only 1 more day and then 2 whooooooooole days off :D and on Wednesday, we have a new mattress being delivered, little worried because its memory foam and i can see myself sinking into it (not in a good comfy way)
Its official i have the lurg :character00264: was feeling ok at work but now that i'm home i've gone completely bunged up
:raincloud: just want sleeps now. I'm quite pleased that i have the ww bug again, its all coming back now and i'm getting into it. Still haven't weighed myself though, not that it matters as i'm using my start weight of 22st mainly because its a nice round number.
I have dinner in the oven, having Roast Turkey :turkey: with the works, which would have been home made but as i'm poorly Aunt Bessie is giving me a helping hand :eating: :rotflmao:

and on the plus side, arent aunt bessies yorkshire puds better for you than homemade ones? or are they aunt bessie tatties? now i know they're bad.. we used them at work on the counter when we ran out of ours and they were sooooooo tasty.. then i looked at the bag and cried :( LOL! :D

Ok so i don't no my exact weight when i came back but i no it was around 22st because i was annoyed i'd put all my slimming weight back on. But the Scales this morning was 21.3 3/4 (stupidly exact ww scales) so if my maths are correct that means in a week or so i have lost 10 1/4 lbs :talk017: to be fair i probably snotted most of that out and i was have * week when i last weighed but wohoo. Can finally breath through my nose today and feeling a lot brighter, our new mattress has arrived and i decided i'm not sleeping on it until i get some new sheets, so hubby is taking me to argos to get a nice egyptian cotten set. Think it will be nice to have some nice bedding and although its only £40 for kingsize set, fitted sheet and extra pillow cases aannnnnnnd i got a lovely payment from quidco today so its practically FREE :D It's just occured to me that i'm talking excitedly about bedding, i'm old! Got the food shopping being delivered from ASDA in the next few hours and when we go to argos, i'm popping into Hobeycraft to get some cross stitch as this usually stops me from snacking/thinking/crying because i'm concentrating.
On a serious note, i've spent the last few days thinking about what i want to do with my life, spent the last 2 years thinking i'm too old and stupid to do anything but i'm not, i'm only 25 theres loads i could do and i certainly don't want to be a call centre bod in 10 years. Babies are on hold for a few years so makes sense i do something now, i want to get some qualifications as i only have NVQ 2/GCSE's which are the same level apparently. I 'think' i want to be a teacher, its something i always wanted to do as a child but i'm a little indecisive :whistle: So my choices are doing a degree with open uni (BA hons Childhood and youth studies) which is good but a long and exspensive process, i'd have to stay where i work and volunteer in a school at the same time. My other option is do a distance course (BTEC teaching assistant) for a year then try and get into a school where i could do my degree if i wanted to or train and get qualifications as a teachers assistant, this seems to be the better option, i'm just worried about making the wrong choice. Hubbs thinks both are a good idea but is worried i'm taking to much on, hmmm choices, choices, choices.

I did that degree! :D :D :D that's what i graduated in! hehe well, it's changed it's name but that's basically it BA(hons) in early childhood studies i have, development and psychology of the child etc including frameworks for schools etc amazing degree love it, but because i don't want to be a teacher yet i've been looking into teaching assistant jobs, haven't had any luck but that's because of not much work by me, luckily my cousin has asked me to look after her baby and become a private nanny for her, as she is at uni and the uni will pay for care for the child whilst she carries on her studies! :) she doesn't want to get anyone in because of how protection is now a days and some of the stories you hear etc :) anyway! cousin has gone in to have sweep today so baby will be on his way VERY soon! can not wait! :D :D :D

but yeh point of that story.. you can also become a private nanny / childminder with degree / NVQ nursery nurse, teaching assistant, play worker, before and after school worker etc! loads of choices :) good luck!

Thanks for the reply, did you go to uni? The on I'd like to do is with the open university, I was worried about what kinda of jobs I'd be able to get with it and how relevent it was,

ooo Nik thats a bit spooky, good luck with teaching journey. Have to agree about the mattress too, omg its so comfy, have to be kicked out of bed now :rotflmao:
Ok so i'm determined to be fully back on the wagon, Sundays will be my weigh day and i am still 21st3, so hope i can lose the 3lb and get my 1st stone off my belt :D
I've just realised in 5 weeks i have to go to a concert in London and we are in the standing area and if i don't get some more flab of my ass or i'll be sitting on the floor. I'm annoyed at myself because we booked this at the beginning of the year and i promised hubbs i'd have lost enough weight to be able for us to wonder around london, go to the concert and more walking the next day. At the moment we're driving up and back on the same day :raincloud:

5 weeks could see a potential 10lbs off or more, so i think thats well good - will defo be a help if you're walking around a lot! :) X

Oooo 10lbs is a lot, be pretty close to 10%.
I'm really down today have been the last few days, so back on the meds. Hopefully they start working soon, can't stop crying, luckily work were under on seats and over staffed so i was able to come home, been sat in the dark in my pjs since.
On a more positive note, i've finally decided what to do about school and stuff, i have signed up for a English degree with the open university. Its going to take along time and lot of hard work but i'm looking forward to it. The first part is all that arts which scares me a little as i'm not so great with music and paintings. Hubbs, my lovely hubbs paid for it so i can start is in October rather the waiting till February, so i'll be paying him back weekly. Just got to wait for my acceptance letter or rejection letter, keep your fingers crossed.

Yay for 'hubbs, my lovely hubbs' (don't know why but it made me chuckle!), best of luck with the degree chick :)

Hope the meds kick in for you soon, they're little life savers xo

Well i'm doing soooo much better, think my meds have kicked in and thank god as my doctors appointment isn't until next thursday, good job its not serious, lol. I'm deffinatly NOT lighter, could be because i'm weighing mid week, could be because i've come on again, on day 21 of my cycle, so i have no idea whats going on, hope its not going to be like it was before, grrr should have the smear done months ago, but never mind.
So i still haven't heard from the uni and i've been sat around for 3 days waiting for a letter to say no you can't do it. So tomorrow i'm going to do something positive and make my office. Its currently a dining (clutter) room, loads of random crud on it and the old mattress, last time we used it for dining was christmas :D. So the table is coming down and coming into the cupboard under the stairs and the desk is coming out, i'm going to move my bookcase in there, get a nice comfy chair and job done. Diets gone a little to pot last few days, not really eaten anything so that won't have helped but oh well.

Just had a catch up Nicki, hows things this weekend?
Good on you, on the English degree, great idea, and hope you enjoy getting stuck in :)
x

Hey lovely diary reading people, i have to confess i have slightly neglected minimins over the last few days.
Well my course confirmation came Friday so just waiting for the course materials and I officially start on October 2nd. I am very excited and nervous at the same time, not the greatest with art and music, but i no if i can get through this course I will be able to concentrate on English and thats what i love. I am typing this from my office, its alot nicer then i thought it would be and will deffo be used more then the dining room was. This is the first time i've stopped all day, have completely cleaned and sorted the whole flat out, chucked most of the clutter. Hoping it will have burned a few lbs. I got on my scales today and i was getting different readings every time, first it was 21.1, then 21.4 and the seemed to stick on 21.2 1/2 so either way i have lost a lb or 2. Think the scales need needs a new battery, must remember that when i next go shopping.
Went down town yesterday for a mooch and picked up ww cookie mix, biscuits, crisps and a couple of sauces and jams in pound land, can't wait to make the cookies. Have really enjoyed having the whole weekend off, but back to work tomorrow and at least its time and a half. Hope your all enjoying you bank holiday xxx

Hey love. Have to say a huge well done for signing up for the OU - it's a brilliant brilliant thing and I'm so grateful for it! The first couple of modules are difficult because they're not always the thing you want to focus on doing (for instance I ended up doing social policy for the first couple of weeks which I loathed but learned to love eventually) but once you've got those out the way it's fantastic. If you ever want a hand with anything like looked over TMA's then just let me know.

Glad the meds are kicking in and sorry I've not been about to see how you are doing xxx

Back