♥ Nicki's ♥ Diary - I've been here the whole time, the whooooooooooooooooole time!

Hope you're having a good day Nicki!! Have you done the cookies yet? I'm dying to know what they are like...!!
Glad you're all set up in your new study too, new space is fun!x

Thanks guys, i've said it before and i'll say it again, you guys are awesome and i appreciate all the support you give me. Still not tried the cookies, not really fancied them or anything sweet really.

OK so i have set myself a challange and i'm telling you about it before hubbs, so feel privalidged :rotflmao: So diets not going so well, i've not really been trying in all honesty. I've been feeling very down recently and the baby topic has been creeping back into conversation. So i have decided that when (not if but when) i get to 16 stone, so a total loss of 6 stone, we will start trying for a baby. I hope i can lose it in a year but this could be a bit optimistic, no idea really, never lost more then a stone. I have a doctors appointment Thursday so will ask for some advice on the diet, maybe some meds and some advice about getting my asthma under control. I'm hoping to get my bike out and start cycling, i'm hoping exercise and ww will be enough. I'm not telling hubbs about the challange just in case i fail, he's left the decision upto me about when we try and i no he's worried about me and i no he's worried about me worrying i can't have babies. I'm not going to lie, i'm scared, its the only thing i've ever wanted.

Nicki, if you dont mind me asking.. do you menstruate at the weight that you are now?

i was just thinking instead of such a big goal, could you not maybe put an interval in the middle to try then as well? cause even 3 stone would make a big difference to your overall health.. cant speak for experience with babies but could be worth a try? x

I do yeah hun, there a bit irregular usually between 28-35 days. When we were trying at the beginning of the year, we have a fertility monitor but it wasn't picking up the surge. Dr's said it could have missed it or i wasn't ovulating because of the weight, blood tests were normal but they won't investigate further because of my weight.

oh :( 6st just seems a long way to go.. would a smaller goal not maybe help with moral for the beginning? Or is 16st a marker where they would investigate? x

I no your right, 3 stone would be just over 10% so be a good starting place. 16st was just a weight i thought i'd be thin enough to try again, no idea really until i get there, lol. Will ask the drs on Thurday about when they will consider doing more tests, didn't ask before was too upset :(

aww hun *hugs*

one thing at a time - you've got loads of stuff on your plate atm, and i think the weight coming off will help with a lot of those, so you can tackle them when you get there :D

are you gonna start a fresh tomorrow then? x

You're right, thanks hun. I'm terrible, i want everything at once right away, rather impatient. I am back on it tomorrow, doing a meal plan for the week and shopping tomorrow. Hoping that if i plan in advance, it'll be easier to stay on track!

i find it easier if i do that, so hope it helps :) you know you want it, just gotta get your head in the right place xxx

Big hug!!
10% is a great target to aim for, I think. Fab challenge, definitely, and I am behind you 100%!! I would love to hit my target of 6 stone off since I started, by summer next year, but I don't want to put too much pressure on myself to do that, so I'm going for a 3 stone target by 1st June 2011 if you want us to support each other along the way.
I'm done with fannying about now, and want to lose the weight now :)

I believe in ya Nic xx

hope your new start went well today hunnybunch xx

Hi Nicki, how did you get on at the docs? As you know I'm in the same boat as you so if you ever want to moan you can moan at me, the whole ttc thing is so mentally draining and upsetting.

That's good tho that your bloods were all ok, did you have your progesterone levels checked? Mine were way too low so going to the gynae in a month to see what they can do..

I have lost 2.5 stone so far, I know the medical profs say lose 20% to see an improvement although dunno if progesterone levels are to do with weight or not..but as I said, it's good your bloods all came back ok so hopefully it will just be a matter of you losing some weight hun, good luck xoxo

P.S Sorry for ranting in your diary!!

Hey Nic! Just been having a little browse in your diary (please excuse me, sometimes my curiosity is too much...) lol.. Noticed your starting with OU in October...woo hoo!!! I started with them last October, working towards a Found Degree In Working with Young People.. About to start my 2nd module with them next month, woo! :) Its so nice to do it at ur own pace, and I know I personally had an amazing tutor who understood when life and self study didnt quite mixed.. Hope you love it as much as I am!! :) xx

oh man i hate the NHS (apart from my dr who is a ledge)
I've had a tight chest since thursday night, inhalers making no difference at all and it keeps waking me up :( so friday night i plucked up the courage to call nhs direct to see if it was worth me going to hosp or calling doctor. The nurse basically told me i was wasting her time, told me to sit up straight and call my doctor on monday.
Was at work today and it was getting worse so hubbs took me to the local walk in centre, the nurse was so rude i nearly burst into tears. Told me i shouldn't have bothered coming in because it was a nurse led unit and to wait in the waiting room for upto 2 hours to see if the nurse practioner would treat me. Well i walked out, all i wanted was some help with my breathing, all i needed was to be put on pure oxygen for a while (what they did last time i went to the same place) So i'm sat at home, struggling to breath normally, knowing i have another restless night ahead of me and knowing if it gets worse, no one will help me :( whats a girl to do?

Thanks Nik, woke up feeling mush better and can breath normalish again. Should be ok till i can get to the doctors.

Weighed in this morning and nearly fell off when they said 20.13, means i've lost 4lbs and 5% of my weight, yey.

:D glad to hear your feeling a bit better
My asthma used to be really really bad back when I was in the 20 st bracket, you will find as you lose more weight
you will have less need of the inhalilers or the odd extra oxygen weight loss really does improve the condition
Well done on the 4lb off Nicki

Well done on the 4lb off and the 5% - how exciting is that!!! I love hitting the new stone bracket, a feeling like nothing else :) xx

5% :D Nice one!

NHS24 aren't the best, no. They try. But have told me 3 times now that I have meningitis. And rushed me to hospital.
Attempt 1 was tonsilitis. Attempt 2 was tonsilitis. Attempt 3? No, not tonsilitis. A PANIC ATTACK. And they'd told me that I had a deadly disease... Nice move.!

Hope you have a great weekend, well done again on the 5% :D! x

hey nicki how are things going?? xxx

Back