♥ ~*~ Tanya's Diary No 3 ~*~ ♥

Well done Tanya on getting through your first day on exante. Oooh that cold feeling, I know it too well. Today is the first day that I have not felt blooming freezing, and thats all down to having had some potato yesterday in my cottage pie, well and truly out of ketosis now.

Keep it up chick xx

Good luck Tanya.....I have gone back on too, but keeping low profile this time!

Started yesterday with the shakes I had left, and go tomorrow for WI, etc....gain of probably a stone and a half I reckon but not sure.

You always do well on TFR; like Jan says no need to think about food, etc..all there for you so seems easier!

You have done incredibly well in the time you have been off, and at least you are taking the bull by the horns now and doing something about it!

Thinking of you!

HIYA IRIS!!! Never mind low profile girl! Don't do without all the support you can get on here!

Best of luck honey!

TAN! Huge well dones on you first day - shame about that fire drill BRRRRRR!! I'd heard the 'xante bars were nice - not sure whether that's a good or bad thing Lol! Keep up the good work xxx

Day 2 of TFR Wed 14th Apr

B- vanilla shake :jelous: (ew! not keen on vanilla stuff anyways - except icecream and buttercream :rotflmao: - even added a sweetner, just rank! thank god i only have 6left!)

L- tomato & basil soup (yum!)

D- choc orange exante bar

*2 litre water
*3 black coffees with sweetner

Dont worry guys not guna be documenting every single shake for the 3 weeks, just untill ive tried them all and wrote down my opinions on them .... no real reason why just because :giggle:

Made a cottage pie for my dad and brother this evening :drool: It smelt divine!!!!!!! I resisted though! :D
-------------------------------------

Good luck Tanya.....I have gone back on too, but keeping low profile this time!

Started yesterday with the shakes I had left, and go tomorrow for WI, etc....gain of probably a stone and a half I reckon but not sure.

You always do well on TFR; like Jan says no need to think about food, etc..all there for you so seems easier!

You have done incredibly well in the time you have been off, and at least you are taking the bull by the horns now and doing something about it!

Thinking of you!

IRISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Woman where have you been? Are you keeping ok? Don't be a stranger round here ya know!!! :D

TAN! Huge well dones on you first day - shame about that fire drill BRRRRRR!! I'd heard the 'xante bars were nice - not sure whether that's a good or bad thing Lol! Keep up the good work xxx

Jan, its not too bad that they are nice as you are only allowed one a day - dammit! :giggle: So i can live with that haha

Last edited:
Feeling a little hungry :sigh: .... *tells herself* IT WILL PASS ..... now, where is my water?! :giggle:

I feel for you Tan but it WILL pass **hugs** xx

It passed :giggle:

Just munched the choc orange bar... Divine! It has real choc chips!!!!!!!!! Lol
feel like I've just eaten a terrys choc orange segment, the ones with krispy bits in! :drool:

Oooo that sounds delish! xx

Your doing well Tanya! I looked at Exante but was worried that I wouldnt like them or like them too much :) So sticking with my choc shakes all the way!! haha...

Keep telling yourself it is only temporary :)

Day 3 TFR Thursday 15th April

B- choc shake (meh! aint no LT shake but its palatable :))

L- mushroom soup

D- toffee & raisen exante bar

*500ml water
*2 black coffees and sweetner
(so far)

---------------------

Woke up at 4pm and had to leave at 4:45 for the docs!!!! Mad rush to have shake & coffee. So just sat now drinking first lot of water.

Doc has referred me to a neurologist ... hopefully whats going on can be sorted asap.

Really craving a banana today! They were in the fruit bowl, nice and ripe with brown spots on the skin just how i :heartpump: them! Sooooooooo i have cut them up, put them into 2 freezer bags and froze them in prep to make an instant banana 'ice cream' which i saw on tv last night using frozen banana, sweetner & buttermilk. Atleast they are out of my face! :giggle:

Last edited:
Good on you for putting them out of reach in the freezer Tanya.

How are you finding the exante meals as in comparison to lipotrim?

I really like the soups. Not too keen on the shakes they seem to be alot more blergh than LT but maybe thats cuz i was so used to LT chocolate one lol but love :heartpump: the bars! They are divine.

They are making it alot easier work wise as i dont have to make a shake and drink it within 10mins. also saves alot of room in my bag! :rotflmao:

Last edited:
So say for instance you were going to buy more from them could you just have the bars or do you have to have a selection? I know their mixed pack thing works out cheaper but could you do that if you wanted to? Just curious - maybe you have to have the different ones to get all the nutrients. xx

Nah, you could buy a batch of all 1 bar or all 1 soup/shake but im not sure why you are only able to have 1 bar a day .... i'll be back with the answer in a mo! :p

Ok so the booklet just says up to 1 bar a day ... i am now intrigued! I will find this out!!! :giggle:

Don't worry Tan - I was only being nosey, don't go to any trouble :) xx

Haha nah I wana know too jan! Lol :p

Jan, http://www.minimins.com/exante/146063-why-only-1-bar-day.html .... because of the carb content & a possible laxative effect!

-----------------------------------

Day 4 TFR Fri 16th April

B- Strawberry shake

L- Vegetable soup

D- choc orange bar

*2litre water
*3 black coffee with sweetner
(so far)

Well, i was having a good day :sigh:
Doubting i can do this over the weekend.
Bf asked me why do i always think im fat. I had no answer other than because i am. His answer, but your not.

what a rubbish start to the day.

Edit: Went to sainsburys, cheered myself up by buying myself 2 new cirlce cake tins, spring bottomed ones :) a new metal spoon for folding :) and some lf salad dressings for when i eat again (as theyre on offer at the mo!)

-------------------------------

Edit:

So here is my opinion on the Exante stuff, incase anyone was wondering what theyre like. (of course everyones taste is different etc)

Banana shake - blurgh
Vanilla shake - blurgh
Strawberry shake - blurgh
Chocolate shake - blurgh

To me all i can taste is powder and water. They have very little flavour and its usually only after ive swallowed i can taste something. Not my cup of tea but i theyre not meant to be nice right! (LT chocolate shakes were the bees knees i tell ya! :giggle:)

Mushroom soup - yum
Tomato & basil soup - yum
Vegetable soup - yum
Thai chicken soup - yum

So, i adore the soups on this diet. (not too keen on the mushroom bits in the mushroom soup but taste wise fine). I look forward to it every night! They really are quite yummy! You can add spices etc on Exante but i dont feel as if i need to :)

Nut, raisen & toffee bar - delish. Has actual real raisens in! :drool:

Chocolate orange bar - even better! :drool: Actual real choco chips! Tastes like im eating a segment of Terrys Chocolate Orange, the one with krispie bits in!

So there we av it! :D x

Last edited:
Its terrible really how we are all so obsessed with our weight my husband tells me you have lost loads of weight and you look lovely but im still not happy,i do sometimes think ive spent most of my adult life battling my weight and is it really the be all an end all but then i still beat myself up if i put on a bit and now im back on cambridge to lose more. i dont know, what are we like eh x

Back