♥ ~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary ~ Year 2 ~♥

Yup i'll probably just be getting up around 7. A good morning text would be nice :p

My mum has just told me there are 6,000 people running on sunday :eek: I only expected about 2! :eek:

You guys on here will be with me in spirit, i know that :D x

edit: didnt really enjoy that cottage pie. It aint no mummys :( and had quite a bit of brocolli, probably a bit too much if im honest (225g)

Wow, 6000, thats quite a lot of folks then.............good luck to you and the other 5999 people running. Really full of admiration for you.

Ooooh good news that you will be up then, I will text you as I am going to bed (would hate to wake you on your race day)

My message above should have read but I know you already love HAVE LOADS of support there anyway.

I'll be dreaming about you ..... I KNOW I will. Can't wait!! :D:D xx

Hi Tanya just had a "marathon sesh" looking back over your training diary. you have done so well. 1 question did you run before you started refeed? and 1 thought - its not picking, its carb loading! :D

LOL re the carb loading! It would be if it wasnt junk!

Defo on countdown mode .. 4sleeps, 3days :D

No I didn't run before refeed. I didn't even run straight after, it was about 5/6months before I started running and that was only because I had to take a bleep test and was told afterwards to get some decent runners & take up road running. What do you mean by marathon sesh?

Belly was making some serious rumbles for the last hour in work today. Came home with good intentions and thinking no i wont give in but i did :( 3slices of thin ham with a tsp of lf coleslaw. What is wrong with me?! it's like ive got worms or something these past few days.

Urrrrrrghhhh off to bed I go. Weigh in will be a laugh tomorrow. Expecting a gain so going to bed prepared. Only got myself to blame :sigh: and to top it im off to pizza hut tonight with my friend. Can't cancel as I did that last time to her and I will be indulging in the ice cream factory. Bye bye bikini body! jeeeez!

ok, shutting up - night :) x

just read through a few of your last messages..are you planning on taking your music with you to listen to? i thought it would keep me focused when i did my great south run but in fact it hindered and you def dont get the atmosphere. in fact i turned mine off after a while so you do get the atmosphere of the crowds etc...some races dont allow music cause it can cause pileups with other runners (ie not hearing whats going on behind you) so maybe check xxx just a thought

hope all goes well
h x

just read through a few of your last messages..are you planning on taking your music with you to listen to? i thought it would keep me focused when i did my great south run but in fact it hindered and you def dont get the atmosphere. in fact i turned mine off after a while so you do get the atmosphere of the crowds etc...some races dont allow music cause it can cause pileups with other runners (ie not hearing whats going on behind you) so maybe check xxx just a thought

hope all goes well
h x

That makes perfect sense. Maybe worth considering Tanya, I would think the atmosphere from the crowds would be such an ego boost and keep the adrenalin flowing :D

LOL re the carb loading! It would be if it wasnt junk!

Defo on countdown mode .. 4sleeps, 3days :D

No I didn't run before refeed. I didn't even run straight after, it was about 5/6months before I started running and that was only because I had to take a bleep test and was told afterwards to get some decent runners & take up road running. What do you mean by marathon sesh?
I meant marathon session coz it took me 2 hours to read all the posts in your thread:eek: ha ha

The countdown is on and no wonder you are so exicited. My daughter's got the same countdown but for her it's for her birthday. Can't wait to hear all about it!

A few slices of ham aren't going to matter in the grand scheme now are they! However I can't speak for the ice-cream factory ;) xx

Yup, already checked about the music and its allowed. I'll see how I feel on the day about turning it off but I don't ever have my music loud anyways because of where I run theres quite a few roads to cross & traffic so I always keep it low.

There is only 1 tiny thing worrying me. Found out today from someone who has ran it before that you don't find out your actual time on the day. They take pics of you with the time on the big clock but it may have taken you a few mins to cross the start line so its not going to be very reflective. So the actual time wont come out untill tuesday in the paper. Jan is this normal procedure for a race? Assuming you would know cuz of DS. I will be timing it on my phone anyways but besides the point lol

Todays weigh in, back up to 12.9 so a gain of 0.25lbs.

Which means, i need to lose 10lbs in just over 4weeks to take me into the 11s before my holiday. It just aint guna happen is it :sigh: I need a serious kick up the butt.

Thursday 26th May

B- special k, s.s milk

L- pizza hut.
salad bowl: cous cous, carrots, cucumber, lettuce, sweetcorn, pot salad, coleslaw, nachos, bacon bits, 1/4ladle blue cheese dressing.
2pieces of garlic bread.
Pizza: 3slices of an 11inch italian bbq americano.
Desert: 2 bowls of ice cream factory; chocolate raisens, smarties, gummi bears, ice cream, chocolate & butterscotch sauce

D- Banana

Last edited:
Well if a gain is to be had, that is about the best you could ask for Tanya. Hey, I am sure if you get your head in the right place, you could easily lose that 10lb for the holidays chick.

Consider this your kick from Auntie Mary xxx

I'm going onto 2meal bars & 1 meal from the 1st (except on days I run where i'm going to have porridge for breakfast) but i've got a couple of events, the first being a trip to warwick on the 4th for a family 50th bbq on the 5th. Then on the 7th I have a wedding, involving an overnight stay (and menu already chosen mmmm). Other than those June is pretty straight forward so hopefully I should put some kind of dent in the 10lbs :fingerscrossed: x

You should be fine then, and BBQ needn't be unhealthy either, just fill up on loads of salad and choose chicken etc. Hmm the planned menu will be the only stumbling block lol - what have you chosen?

I can't quite remember the actual names but I know its duck for starter, salmon for main (or maybe the other way around:hmm: either way i've got both at some point lol) and trio of chocolate for desert!!!! :drool:

Oooh me tooooooooooooooo :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Starving now, only had the 2 LT shakes today, cant wait for dinner.

This is what happens for the London marathon

London Marathon: the role of RFID

Friday, April 23, 2010 by Anthony Plewes

It’s the London Marathon this weekend, which will see over 30,000 people run or struggle through the heat for 26.2 miles. Good luck to them all. One part where technology will help them is in the timing systems which rely on RFID. Virgin, which sponsors the London Marathon has just got a new timing ship supplier, and all marathon runners will be wearing one of these on their trainers.
2008IpicoSportsAdvantagesMainImage.jpg

So when the runners go through the start a timing pad will pick up the fact that they have passed that point and will record their times. There will be pads positioned throughout the course that will give the runners their split times – i.e. how fast they have gone through each checkpoint – and at the finish. As well as offering vital information to the runner in their post race analysis, the chips also allow organisers to eliminate cheating as anyone who doesn’t have a chip spilt time has not gone over the pad and may have taken a short cut. Of course for runners whose chip breaks or gets lost, it is rather unfortunate as they will probably be disqualified and won’t get an official time.

I'm not sure what happened at Edinburgh but it was very badly organised and and supported so I doubt they had them.

I believe most people time themselves on their sports watches. Setting it as they cross the start line and stopping it as they cross the finish line. Obviously this isn't an 'official' time but if they haven't got the chips and they don't allow for crossing the start line it will give you a better idea of your correct time. You've probably got a stopwatch on your phone if you don't have a sports watch. Dunno if you're taking it on the course with you though. xx

Not sure this is terribly helpful hon.. sorry xx

Back