♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

Thanks for the concern guys.
Grandad has/had Pneumonia. Not sure where it stands now as they have him on tablets and he is up and about walking again today and has his breath back.
Thankfully they caught it in time. They lost a friend a few months back to Pneumonia. They are keeping in him another night tonight and then he'll be home tomorrow. So I will go up and see him then.
Grandma tried to explain it to me the best she could. Saying that it come from a virus as he had a cold a few weeks back and a chest infection. I think it was hard for them to diagnose straight away as he's always suffered with breathing etc. But it has given him the kick up the butt he needs. He's now determined to buy himself a cap for the cold weather, wear his coat and is getting himself a trolly thing with a seat for when he ventures out on his own. Just thankful he had the symptoms he did and thankful he's on the mend :)

Todays run was fab. I left the watch at home (but still peeked at the clock before leaving and when I got back ;)) and I felt good. The legs were fresh. Only a slight problem with my knee on the last mile. A minor bout of cramp at the back but quickly sorted. Perfect weather conditions, hammered with rain for the first 2miles, a little nippy & dark :) Did it in a time of 58mins pace of 11:36p/mile.

Oh, and I cracked that first mile. Ran slow and steady and the other miles felt fab.

(breakfast might change tomorrow, eating my porridge today was a struggle. Feeling sick of it at the mo. Maybe have a change to weetabix!)

Edit to todays menu: added 2lf cheese triangles & 2crackers with lunch and a satsuma with my hot choc first break in work. I feel the rest just wont be enough to tide me over for 4.5hours untill dinner in work.

Tuesday 6th December (run)

B- porridge 287
Oj 85
*advent choc 42

L- lettuce, cucumber, cherry toms 25
2 cheese triangles 40
2 cream crackers 64
Garlic stuffed olives 44
Pickled egg 100

*options hot choc 40
*satsuma 25

D- slow cooker pot 423
Mixed fruit pack 92
Geo bar (if needed) 130

Total = 1,397
(97 over my goal of 1,300 but the hour run will have helped bring this down again)

Last edited:
Great news, glad he is on the mend and getting home tomorrow :)

Well done on the run, it must take a while to get used to pacing yourself, but you are doing fab.

How do you make your porridge? I love to have it with different things, just for the variety as Weetabix and other cereals just dont fill me up. I have just been having it with skimmed milk and sweetner, or made with water and then add skimmed milk at the end, as I am quite happy with that at the moment, but I love it with additions like,

fresh berries,
honey,
sultanas,
cinamon,
chopped nuts,
greek yogurt and berries.......its so versatile, you can add anything to it, that needn't be high in calories.

I'm not a big fan of berries and fruit in my porridge.
I think i'm guna go for weetabix & hot milk tomorrow.
I've also been told grannary bread with nutella is a good one for fuelling runs too! :drool:

Really?! :-O I love fruit and added extra's to porridge! Food is looking really good! You are so organised! Xx

Yeah lol am I weird?! :giggle:
Now, porridge with nutella?!!! I think that's something I'd quite like but sticking to just 1tbsp would be hard! And it's so high in calories too :(

Trying weetabix tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be ok with running :)

Really pleased to read your grandad's on the mend. Bet you'll be relieved to see him at home.

When I was younger and we were poor I used to add hot cho powder to my rice krispy time things to pretend they were coco pops!
Sorry to hear about your Grandad Tan but glad they know what it is and he is on the mend.
Well done on your run as always!x

Good news that your granda is getting sorted out. It's good they caught it in time.

Thanks guys. He has just got home so think i'll leave him tonight to settle back in and then i'll go up tomorrow.

Had to jig around with my menu plan. Nothing drastic just a change to saturdays as i've had to cancel my shift as there was overtime going in my actual job for 10:30-05:30 which (minus the 30min unpaid meal break) would give me 9hours toil!!! :p (time and a half on sundays!;))Thats too good to miss out on so that with the 40mins i've already got leaves me just to get another 20mins and then i've enough to book another 2 days off!! :D

I feel bad for cancelling a shift but i've been told that quite a lot of specials don't tend to do much over the christmas period due to having extra actual work! Not sure when i'll be able to get out again this month, its looking like January now :(

Todays run was the 3miler. I went without my headphones today. Was ok. Not as nice as the 5k run without them all I heard was cars and went without my watch again but still took note of the time i left and got back.

3miler, 36mins, pace of 12m/p/mile. So a bit slower today.

Oh, forgot to mention breakfast looks as it does because I made the weetabix with hot milk thinking its guna taste just like when i was younger but nope, it was horrible it was making me gag so i left it and opted for a slice of toast.

Wednesday 7th December

*3miles 36mins pace 12p/mile

B- weetabix & milk 100
1slice wm toast 95
Jam 37
Oj 85

*advent choc 42

L- lettuce, cucumber, cherry toms 25
2lf chese triangles 20
2cream crackers 64
Garlic stuffed olives 44
Pickled egg 100
Yog 48

*options hot choc 39

D- slow cooker pot 423
2x satsumas 50
Geo bar 130
Total = 1,302

Last edited:
Oh mum used to make it for me when i was younger, it was delish!!!!!!

Just been told grandad is on a whole range of tablets, antibiotics & new in haler - poor sod. Will have to take him some jelly babies tomorrow to cheer him up (maybe he'll open em when i'm there! ;) haha!)

You probably had sugar in it though :)

Best wishes for your Grandad to make a speedy recovery and get back to better health.

It's good to hear granda is back home. Hopefully he'll be back to himself soon.

I want chocolate, cake, crisps, sausage rolls, bread, chicken dippers, full fat mayo, cheese&onion sarnie, pepperami, shortbread biscuits ..... can you see where i'm going?

Yesterday was not my day, today still isnt my day. I hate families!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: I feel torn between two sides. aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

woman-pulling-hair-out.-Cartoon..jpg

Thursday 8th December

B- cheerios & s.s milk 170
Oj 85
*1/2 slice of bread with a scrape of butter 120 (just didnt feel satisfied with cereal today)

*advent choc 42

*5teaspoons of bolognaise

L- 4x cream crackers 128
2x l.c cheese triangles 40
Cherry toms 10
Cucumber 5
Pickled egg 100
Yog 70

*options hot choc 38
*banana 100

D- lettuce, cucumber, cherry toms 25
Beetroot 50
Chicken breast 169
Jordans bar 151
Nectarine 25

Total = 1,328

Last edited:
Oh heck :( ... I can't talk about anything to do with food I'm afraid ... Is it me or are we all struggling more than usual even allowing for the time of year?? It's probably me ;)

Sooo glad your grandad's getting sorted out hon. I wouldn't worry how many tablets he has to be on. My mother's on 18 different medications including 6 different pills for blood pressure - we're just grateful they're keeping her with us!! :) xx

Nope, i'm struggling massively these past two days though i'm not sure if its the time of year or the family stress :confused:

I hate food. Can't we all just be skinny & eat what we like?!! :mad:

Grandad is great - went and saw him today. He's still a bit wheezy but he's on the mend. He has almost a whole list on a4 size paper of tablets he has to take now but atleast they are making him better :)

Oh my god I am so feeling your pain right now! ALL I want to do it eat everything in sight. Why oh why?! Xx

It's not just me then ... except you guys just WANT to - I AM ;) :eek: xx

oh fgs just had 5teaspoons of the bolognaise dad made. Nothing too bad in it just mince, onions, carrots & jarred sauce but still :doh:

You're as bad as me ... I've just had the rest of the veg & gravy that I'd put into a dish out of the slow cooker .... not much bad in that either but I didn't need it - just got NO control! :( x

Back