♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

Great to hear grandad is home where he feels most comfortable.
It's mighty hard to control cals right now, so all you can do is exactly what you have been doing. Planning all your food, remaining aware of excess but not beating yourself up over occasions where too much drink or food are involved is how you have been managing to do as well as you have, so just keep at it!

So glad Grandad's home. Hopefully they can have a really good Christmas and stay positive ... you too ya hear??!! ;) xx

I hear :) x

Just munched a big bag of monster munch (196cals) with my lunch & I bought them cuz I wanted my meanies in my roll and still wanted crisp after!! Lol

Funnily enough the meanies reminded me of monster munch though i always found them to have too strong or 'tangy' a taste :) x

.... 1/2 a arisen flapjack (was 2inch squared so guess a 1inch piece) and another quality street!!!!!!!!!!!

Get yerself over to Asda and get some then Mary!! ;) xx

Meanies are only 83calories a bag ;)

...... Adding 2big handfulls of cheesy Doritos & 1/2 fresh baked cheese twist.

Fair to say I've fallen off that bus with a big massive thud today :(

Back aboard tomorrow.

Urgh Christmas.... While it's a lovely time, I think it's fair to say it's also a massive pain in our arses. Why does Christmas = food!!! Whhhy?!

I am really sorry to hear about your Grandad Tanya, nothing could have prepared you for that. So with all things considering I think you are doing really well. Stay strong. Xx

Yesterday had sweet chilli noodles with chicken in the wetherspoons. Had almost 2bottles of wine & 2cocktails & a jäger bomb :eek: whyyyyy?! Blurgh lol

Sure I munched some food when I got in, think it was prawns but can't really remember.

I have two words for food today; write off!

I'll just list it....

Sunday 18th December

1.5white battons with ham, melted cheese & mustard.
Nik Naks
Sausage roll
Sticky toffee cheese
Stuffing ball
1.5 Home made mince pie
3celebrations
2after eights
Handful Pringles

Think that's it.... Wondering what to have for tea but can't decide! Lol

Took Stevie McDonald's, the family got stuff too. I didn't get anything but I picked at a few bits:

2chicken nuggets
About 15chips
3bites of a burger

Last edited:
My toe has flared up again. I damaged it a couple of years ago when I fell down the stairs in a lecture theatre and saturday night it was hurting, even though I was sat down allllll night and then sunday it was horrendous. Today its the same. I think the cold is getting to the joint as I cant seem to get my feet warm. Its difficult to walk on at the min. Runs this week should be fun :rolleyes:

Hello christmas spirit, goodbye figure:eek:

Monday 19th December

B- 2x wm toast
peanut butter
butter
advent choc
mince pie

L- picky as went cinema: 5chocolate peanuts
3chocolate brazils
2fried eggs
1strawberry cable
1/2 jelly crocodile
5nachos
packet of meanies

*1/3rd pasty
*3mini jaffa cakes

D- breaded cod fillet
chips
(shop bought not actual chippie)

Work- options hot choc
cuppa soup
bgty crisp
2x satsumas
geo bar

*1/2pack pickle cheddars
*sticky toffee cheese
*1/2slice wm with ff philly

Last edited:
Oh bummer about the toe, just when you want to do lots of partying. I hope it gets better quickly.

Oh Nooooo re the toe .. what a bummer :( xx

Yeah the toes a pain. It's the one next to my big toe on the right foot. I swore I broke it but the docs told me I never! It's never been right since but v.bad last couple days.

Edit for today above. Munched half a pack of cheddars in work, some sticky toffee cheese when home & 1/2slice of wm bread with ff Philly!!!!!

Need to get a grip for the next 3days.
Damage control is needed after Sunday's & Monday's feast!!!!!! :eek:

Run today. I knew I wouldnt managed 5miles so set out with the mind frame (after seeing a quote from a runner of one of the podcasts I listen to) of making the miles count.

So did a 3miler with a faster pace.
33:26
11:08pace p/mile.

Toe was ok. Painful to start with but couldnt feel it after first mile.

I'll be counting the cals for the next 3days, but from friday im going to relax a little. I know there will be a gain after christmas but i'm determined not to make it a big one so will still note down food. The alcohol is going to be the main problem!

Also tried a new breakfast today before running. Seemed to do ok.

Tuesday 20th December

B- 1x wm toast 100
peanut butter 90
banana 100
OJ 85

*advent choc 42
*bgty crisp 96

L- chicken & bacon tortellini 256
stir fried veg 59

*options hot choc 40

D- bgty bacon & mushroom tagliatelle 370
2x satsumas 50
geo bar 130

Total = 1,418

Well done on the run despite the sore toe. It will be great to get in a few good food days before the weekend, so go you!!

Back