♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

I think that may well be why you couldn't sleep hon .... that'd be me too!! :(

Well done on the 4lbs! I mean that! AND for facing up to what needs to be done and getting one of your famous plans in place :)

I love Christmas but i'm glad it's over, and it's been so hard to get back on track this year :(

I hope the night's not too long for you - I'm back in myself tonight xx

I'm sure grandad is on your mind all the time, so be gentle with yourself.
Well done on making great progress this week and knocking back the eight pounds to four. 16lbs in the timeframe you've planned is great.
The running is going great, you'll still be at it when you hit sixty!!! You have so fallen in love with it!

Had to edit todays menu as whilst on shift I bought a pepperami & a bag of wotsits :doh:

I hope by having a plan I can do it :fingerscrossed: 20weeks for 16lbs is achievable I think.

I am absolutly knackered. I'm going to try and go the night without a can of red bull or a coffee but if it gets too much i'm going to have to, will update if I do.

edit: I hope i'm at it when i'm 60 molly! lol

That goal is well achievable hun! Well done on your loss Tan x

Managed to leave work at 4 again last night and after that 20hour day I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow :D

I didn't eat my wrap or crisp in work last night so have edited the menu. I don't want to waste the wrap so todays menu will change and i'll take that with 1/2 chicken breast in another and save the other 1/2 chicken breast. I'm hoping I don't have a shift tomorrow really and if I don't the menu will change. I feel bad changing it all the time but it can't be helped I guess & aslong as I stay within calories should be ok. I am determined not to drink this weekend but DOI starts tomorrow & I love to sit with a glass of wine and watch it :rolleyes::eek:

10hour shift today. Hopefully it's better than yesterdays!

Saturday 7th Jan – Shift

B- 3x wm toast 171
butter 120
hp 30
boiled egg 90
Oj 84

L/D- 2x wm wraps 218
ham 36, cheese triangle 20, lettuce 5
chicken 110, elf mayo 12, lettuce 5
bgty crisp 93
banana 100
2clemintines 50
cucumber sticks 5
pepperoni wrapped cheese stick 77
yog 100

Total = 1,331

But that's the great thing about your food plans Tanya, you can change things around to suit your lifestyle if needs be. Shows what a good plan it is.

Bev took the words right out of my mouth :)

Hope the shift went okay hon xx

Shift was pretty Q. Same as friday :( I do have a shift today but its only me and one other regular in on this section so I didn't want to turn around and say actually can I not come in and leave her on her own. I get on well with her as she used to be my coach at the MDEC so even if it is Q it'll be alright.

I'm in a picky mood. Craving sweet stuff - I think totm is due. All I wanted after breakkie was apple pie & custard!!! haha Be good if it did come now though as i've got a couple nights in newquay at the end of the month!

Menu changed as i've nothing to go in a wrap as I let the littler brother have the rest of the chicken yesterday and I bought a lighter choice lasagne last night in tescos reduced so thought i'd have that instead.

Sunday 8th January

B- 2x wm toast 180 (yey proper sized bread again!!)
2x lf cheese triangles 40
oj 85

*lemon puff biscuit 68
*3heroes choccies 150

L/D- lighter choices lasagne 400
banana 100
clemintine 25

*mini donut 60
*options hot choc 40

Total = 1,148

Last edited:
Gosh you're getting those shifts in aren't you girl!!:) good for you! I hope you're still finding them as enjoyable :D

Food looks good xx

Well I havent done any since the 4th of december so thought id make a weekend of it. Friday night was a last minute shift. I've a shift next saturday too but i'm not going to work the sunday.

Tonight was again pretty Q but we were dealing with a job which was a nice little learner for me.

I had a co-op chocolate topped mini donut (the ones you buy in a box think ykwim - got the cals from the tescos site tho) that got bought into the office and the girl I was working with bought me in a banana options hot choc to have which was v.nice and then when I got home the family had chinese so I munched 3 prawn crackers.

I'm now upstairs and the bottle of red that is 2/3rds full is calling me but I have to resist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Did you manage to resist the red then??

I've not long got home so far so good ... :(

2/3rds full?! That's an achievement in itself ;) - you must have only had one when you opened it! (A large one ok but one nevertheless;)) :D xx

Isn't a bottle only 3glasses anyways Jan?!!!! ;) lol I had one glass of it on new years day I think and didn't fancy anymore.

Today I trotted off to the docs to get some more cream for the eczema on my hand and whilst there he gave me a bloody overweight leaflet! I was stunned. I know i'm technically obese but I didnt even go there for anything to do with my weight. He said its a new initiave (sp?) and theyre being given out to those who are overweight. I looked at him and said (exact words) "oh right thanks but i'm probably one of the healthiest fat people you'll know - I eat right and I exercise" and his reply was sorry but blame Cameron :rotflmao:

It made me feel like crap and almost had me in tears once I got home - honestly tears?! wtf!! They didn't really help me when I was 20st i'm sure they're not going to help now either. I felt really angry over it once I had stopped feeling upset and then I munched 3 chocolates! :sigh: whyyyyyyyyyy?!!!!

Car is in for the MOT and service today too - so i've a feeling today is going to be a rubbish day!

Monday 9th January

B- 2x wm toast 180
butter 60
ketchup 30
2x eggs scrambled 180

*3 chocolates 150
*velvet crunch 84

L- probs nothing as im going back to bed in a min.

D- chicken breast in a tom sauce 150
veg 80
baby pots 75
yog 100

Work- wm wrap 109
ham 36
lf s.cream 24
lettuce 5
bgty crisp 93
Crunchie 185

Total = 1,641

Last edited:
Ah sweetie, I'm in the same boat! My consultant sent a report to my doc re my back pain etc and included that I was overweight!!! My GP just laughed when she read it to me and said its a good job the consultant didn't see me eight stone heavier!!!!
Yes, it hurt to be considered still overweight. Technically we are but have both come so far. Likewise, we will never be skinny Minnie's but we are healthy and happy and working hard at keeping the weight at bay. We know what we have achieved, that's what counts!
Hugs hon.

Well I think you saw what I thought on FB!!! Blame Cameron indeed! Your GP knows you better than him and should judge people on their own merits!!! Grrrr that made me sooooo mad!!!!! Xxx

I'm not sure why i'm letting it get to me and i'm still pretty annoyed about it :(

The car wasnt too bad. For service and MOT was £190. It does need 2 new back tyres and a new cambelt (sp?) which will cost about £200. Thankfully, my little brother who also uses the car has agreed to go halfs on it all. So will get the tyres and cambelt done in the next week or so hopefully.

I did pick a little more today. I had some jamacian ginger cake :doh:

I need to sit and work out my meal plan then i'll post it up :)

Back