♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

Thanks guys. I really feel for my Grandma. They've been together since the age of 16. She's lost her soul mate and her best friend.

I havent been back to work yet. I went to go in last night but my friend (who is the union rep) phoned me as I was getting ready and told me not to go in and she'd sort it with the shift manager. I'm undecided whether to go in tonight. They're not expecting me untill Friday but I have to face the place at some point. It really is the worst place ever when something is on your mind.

Food wise it's not been pretty though I have kept track (don't think i've missed anything. I've wrote it down at the end of the day).

Tuesday 17th January – run 678 burnt

B- 2x wm toast 220
Cheese triangles 50
Oj 85

*boiled egg 90
*carrot cake 134
*French fries 84

D- flame grilled chicken breast, baby pots, salsa 390
*mixed salad 100ish

*2large glasses of wine 500
*2morgan spiced & d.c 150

Total = 1,803
Burnt 678
Net = 1,125

Wednesday 18th January

B- 2x wm toast 200
2x poached eggs 200
Ketchup, hp 60
Oj 85

*quavers 88
*curly wurly 115
*1/2 peanut butter kit kat 125
*roast beef slices 120

D- ww chicken tikka masala 366
Total = 1,359

Today I got out for a run. Just like tuesday up early so managed a day time run and a run where I usually can't go cuz its too dark. Actually tuesday I heard about grandad as soon as I got home from my run I was just about to get in the shower :(

So todays run I did 5.58miles 1hr03:47 11:25avg pace and 751cals burnt

Thursday 19th January

B- 2x wm toast 200
Jam 74
Oj 85

L- lettuce, cucumber, toms 20
Baby pots 75
Tuna 146
Sweetcorn 57
Lf s.cream 48
Boiled egg 90
Yog 100

D- pork crunch 150
Galaxy 140
½ curly wurly 108

*glass wine 124
*4 v&d.c’s 204
Total = 1,621
Burnt 751
Net = 870

Last edited:
Ach leave it till tomorrow Tan - then there's only one night to get through before the weekend. :( Oh Tan I soooo feel for you my lovely - wish i could give ya a proper hug :eek: xxx

I agree hun. Don't go into work until you ready- I'm sure they will understand. Your poor Grandma, does she live by herself? Hope your doing ok x

Stay strong Tanya. Just take things at your own pace and see how you feel about work, they'll understand.

Yup, work were 100% fine with me on the phone on wednesday. I didn't go in last night but back to it tonight. I've also got a shift tonight now too. That'll keep me occupied for a bit hopefully.

T she does live on her own now. Tonight will be her first night there alone, i'm a little worried but I will let her know that i'm back at work and up all night if she needs me or anything.

Todays food isnt pretty. I've picked alot!

Weigh in today and i've lost 3lbs.
Did a short run today; 2.01mi 21:31mins 10:42avg pace 271cals burnt

Friday 20th January

B- 2x wm toast 200
2x grilled bacon 100
1x lf cheese triangle 25
Hp 30
Oj 85

*chicken slices 84
*galaxy 96
*1/3rd pb kit kat 87
*quavers 88
*1/2 curly wurly 108

L- ww chicken & mushroom pie 304
Yog 100

*banana (before shift) 100

D- wm pitta 160
Chicken slices 56
Lf cheese triangle 25
Lettuce 5

Work- cereal bar 76
2x clemintines 50
Total = 1,779
Burnt 271
Net = 1,508

Oh 'F' the food Tan .... you've got the rest of your life to sort that out. Right now you're dealing with a once in a lifetime event ... don't make it harder for yourself than it needs to be ... ***hugs*** xxxx

I agree with Jan, dont fret too much over the food at the moment, just concentrate on getting over the next week or so.

I read that Jan then scoffed a packet of monster munch & a whole roll of soft mints :doh: I only had 1/2my pitta (as if that makes a difference!) and some Cadbury snowballs.

Today I'm off for lunch with a friend & then a 10hour shift so I'll update later on.

The funeral is this Thursday & ive sorted it with work that I leave at 3am on Wednesday night and obv I get Thursday off as special leave but they also said yes to me having the Friday off too. It'll be unpaid special leave which is ok. Atleast if family from Bristol stay or anything I won't have to worry about sleeping in the day etc.

Shift was ok yesterday. Worked with my fave section so that was good :)

Today had to go into town and get stevie a new suit for thursday. Grandad has requested no 'smartness' so think the boys are going just trousers and shirts. I think i'm going to wear the last dress he saw me in as he said I looked real nice in it.

I'm not sure when i'm going to weigh in. It's supposed to be the 3rd but I was going to do it this friday as I have a weekend in newquay on saturday and my brothers 18th birthday on the tuesday (plenty of alcohol & food) but now the funeral is thursday i'm not sure :confused: I'm not even sure when i'm going to get out to run this week. Tomorrow I have a nurse app & nails, tuesday hair cut, wednesday I want to go and see grandad in the rest place and then its thursday, not sure i'll want to run friday if I have a few drinks thursday then saturday I go away .... :sigh:

Calories have been way to high the past few days. I need to pull it back big time. I've probably put that 3lbs back on since friday. I've got such a chocolate head on. Eating chocolate isnt going to change things so why do I feel the need to have it? :sigh: I could probably do without the wine tonight but I really want some so i'm thinking sod it.

Anyways food for yesterday & today :eek:

Saturday 21st January

B- 1.5 wm toast 150
Butter 60
Jam 37

*kit kat chunk 87

L- sweet chilli noodles with chicken breast 546
½ garlic ciabatta 127

*energy drink 150
*reisen chocolate 170

D- tuna, lf salad cream, lettuce sandwich 329
Quavers 88
2x clemintines 50

*softmints 170
Total = 1,964

Sunday 22nd January

B- 2x wm toast 180
1/3rd tin of beans 103

L/D- nandos; olives 106
Chicken burger 356
Ratatouille 185
*1/2 carrot cake & clotted cream 442

*wine tonight 510
Total = 1,882

I am sure you will soon get back on track Tanya, don't stress too much about it, just get this week over with hun xx

What Mary said ... With knobs on!!!! xxx

I wish I didn't have to go through this week at all :cry:

Today is another rubbish day i'm afraid. I don't even want to think about the calories. Off to write my menu for the rest of the week in a bit then i'll post it - that should help me keep on track a bit. I bought some chocolate today like freddo's, milky bar & thin dairy milk bars all around the 100cals mark & i'm guna factor them in. No point in even saying i'm not going to have any cuz thats all I want right now.

Monday 23rd January

B- 2x wm toast, polony & hp sauce

*4squares of dairy milk
*1 dark choc kit kat finger
*small milky bar

L- 1/3rd of a 10inch thin crust pizza (chicken, pepperoni, peppers & mozzerella)
lettuce, cucumber & cherry toms
garlic stuffed olives
*bite of a toffee crisp

D- ? not hungry right now but will have something before work

Work- walkers baked, banana, 2x clemintines, garlic stuffed olives

Week ahead menu:

Tuesday 24th January – run

B- porridge 287
Oj 85

L- asparagus 33
Roasted butternut squash 65
Salmon fillet 240
Poached egg 100
Yog 100

*dairy milk 110

D- 1x wm bread 103
Ham slice 38
Lf cheese triangle 25
Walkers baked 100
Clemintine 25
Total = 1,311

Wednesday 25th January

B- 2x wm toast 206
Peanut butter 121
Oj 85

L- asparagus 33
Chicken breast 169
Yog 100

*dairy milk 110

D- walkers baked 100
Clemintine 25
Total = 1,014

Thursday 26th January

*not planning today but I know it’ll be toast for breakkie and then alcohol and food at the wake.

Friday 27th January – run (maybe)

B- 2x wm toast 206
Peanut butter 121
Oj 85

L- asparagus 33
Pork loin 276
Mixed veg 85
Yog 100

*freddo 95

D- banana 100
Walkers baked 100
(this might change as I have the night off work so depends what I get up to)
Total = 1,201

Haven't done saturday & sunday as me & stevie are off to Newquay on saturday until monday. We've got breakfast every morning and there will of course be plenty of wine :eek:

I think you're a star for even thinking about what you're eating this week!

The weekend is just what you'll need xx

I am looking forward to it but I feel like I shouldnt be iykwim :(

Today got out for a run, only a few miles as I was having my hair cut. Wont be able to get out tomorrow as going to see Grandad,thursday is the funeral and i'm hoping I might get out at some point friday but if not i'm not going to beat myself up. I've still got 18weeks untill the plymouth 1/2 so putting my training back a week isnt going to hurt.

Also decided i'm joining the gym but not for the gym for the classes & pool! Going to be £34 a month and I will do atleast 4classes & 1 swim a week which works out at £1.70 a session. That should keep me focused into going. And I think its about 2miles from my house (roughly) so I can combine it with my runs, run there do a class then run back. A couple people I know go there and do the classes and said there brilliant & i've been told it'll help heaps with running as i'll be strengthening my core. Think i'm going to head down tomorrow to join

Todays run: 3.02mi 32:36mins 10:47avg pace 423cals burnt.

Tuesday 24th January – run

B- porridge 287
Oj 85

L- asparagus 33
Salmon fillet 240
Poached egg 100
Yog 100

*dairy milk 110

D- 1x wm bread 103
Ham slice 38
Lf cheese triangle 25