♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

its addictive isnt it!!! :p x

Isn't it funny? I couldn't get on with words with friends at all yet I love Scrabble & lexulous - though I can't play them on my phone ...:(

Work is my worst time for food too - it's coz I'm just sitting here. If I can stay 'doing' stuff on the laptop till about 3 I'm not so bad but if I run out of stuff to do and am just watching iplayers or dvds I'm in my bag for my food or I'm rooting in their kitchen :giggle:
I'm afraid the easiest (though not necessarily most pleasant) thing to do for me is to take the food right out of the equation as I have (again!) now.

It's not really the answer though is it? Somehow we have to find a way to live WITH food rather than without it. I'm full of admiration for Molly & people like her who really seem to have cracked it. I think maybe I'll just have to accept that I'll be doing TFR a couple of times a year for a few weeks to have any hope of not piling it all back on. Can't say I really feel that's a good solution though :( xx

I know where you are coming from, I think thats why I have crept back up to this weight, just didnt ever want to commit to TFR again, but I am afraid its a necessity this time.

Get where ur coming from Jan. We were spilt with TFR weren't we :( I hate this maintaining lark sometimes don't u?! Xx

It's a swine Tan .... so please try to crack it while you're young!! :) xx

It's a swine Tan .... so please try to crack it while you're young!! :) xx

I'm trying, i'm trying! :p

Today woke up with a bunged up nose and full of phlem! Noice!!!!! But couldnt let the training plan fail in the first week. Still felt physically ok and I knew the work out would probably clear the phlem. I Changed my breakfast as i've really gone off porridge. I was eating it wednesday morning and was wretching so I bought some no added sugar muesli yesterday and really enjoyed it this morning :)

Todays phys was:

Run to the gym 2.32mi 25:28mins 10:59avg pace

1hour of body pump (my arms are like jelly)

Run home 2.15mi 24:59mins 11:39avg pace

Total = 4.47mi 50:30mins 11:18avg pace 602cals burnt

(can't work out cals from exercise classes as I need a foot pod to go with my garmin but tbh I don't really want to start counting them - I want to keep them as an extra bonus to help with my core)

Friday 10th Feb – Run

B- muesli & s.s milk 223
Oj 85

*banana 100

L- baked sweet pot 300
Tuna & lf s.cream 124
Sweetcorn 57
Lf nat yog 76
Small clemintine 25

*hot choc 40
*carrot sticks 56
*sweet chilli dip & lf s.cream 44

D- Turkey breast chunks 116
skips 82
Jordans bar 160

Total = 1,486
Burnt = 602
Net = 884

Last edited:
And did it sort the phlegm out?? (as you say ... Noice ;))

You're really going at this exercise malarky aren't you hon? Good for you!! :) xx

It did but now it's back! Got my Chapstick at the ready too as I can't breathe out of my nose!! :(

I am I am!! I am hoping theyll help with core strength, bingo wings (body pump that one!) & stamina and I'll be able to smash 2:30 in the Plymouth half marathon! I'll be gutted if I don't!

Well I understand what you're saying as you'll have worked so hard, but I hope you won't be gutted whatever happens ... I don't think you realise what a star you are! **wags finger** ;) xx

I think I would be gutted if I didnt atleast beat last years time so aslong as I manage that i'll be ok.

Not enough calories today but don't know how to up it without having junk as i'm on a 10hour shift today so guna leave it as it is. I wanted to steer clear of bread, which I have done since tuesday but stevie bought some this morning & I couldnt resist today!

Going to buy some plain nuts at shopping on monday so that I can have them as a snack on run days and theyre quite high in calories so should up them a bit, i'm concious of having too much of a defecit on wednesdays in particular.

Saturday 11th Feb – Shift

B- 1slice wm toast 90
Peanut butter 121

L/D- ww chilli with potato wedges 386
Banana 100
Skips 82
Dairy milk 110

After shift: turkey breast chunks 118
lf s.cream 24
cheese 120
jaffa cake 49
Total = 1,200

Last edited:
Got in last night from shift and was ravenous! I still had a pack of turkey in the fridge so had that with a chunk of cheese & a jaffa cake.

Shift was really good. Busy night, meant to finish at 2 but finished a little later and got home about ten to 3 so by the time I got to bed and got to sleep it was 4am then my alarm was set for 8 for step this morning!!!

Did step and it was good. Might have made it less painful that the instructor had nice legs ;) of course, I had to stare to follow the step moves! :giggle: :p

Making vienesse whirls today, i'd like to be able to say I won't have one but I know that wont be the case!! :eek: I remembered earlier that I allow myself 1,750cals on weekends hence the pick at chocolate! :eek:

Sunday 12th February - 1hour of body step

B- muesli & s.s milk 223

*half a banana 50
*skips 82

L- chicken breast 169
brocolli, cauliflower, garden peas 79
s.pot wedges 230
frylite 10

D- 2x wm toast 180
butter 60
peanute butter 120
slice of soreen 91

*vienesse whirl 282 (worked out on mfp using the recipe)
*lilt zero 11

Picked at:
6 galaxy counters 66
1 rolo 26

Total = 1,679

Last edited:
Wow Tanya!! Your exercise is through the roof at the moment. Good for you. Just don't do too much.

Jees, last night, what a night. I was so tempted to have a glass of wine, I was home alone and thought why not but something in the back on my head told me no and now I know why ...

Dad has been away since thursday and was travelling back last night from Lympstone as he went to watch wales at rugby yesterday afternoon with my brother whos based at Lympstone and Lee rang to say he had left at 10:30pm ... got to 11:20 and Stevie got home asked where dad was and I said should be in any minute as Lympstone isnt far from Plymouth and litterally 2seconds later the house phone rang. The police had found dad's car, been in an accident and needed to find him to make sure he was ok. Gave them his number and then we phoned him and found out he was back at Lympstone with Lee and he was ok. Police went and made sure he was ok etc and then I went and picked him up.

Someone, somewhere was looking over dad last night, and i'm sure it was Grandad as it was Grandad who was supposed to go to the rugby with him yesterday, something Grandad has always wanted to do. We went back to the car to get all the stuff out of it, it was a mess. We think its a total write off. The car had clipped the grass bank in a dark, foggy lane, landed on the drivers side skidded along and then flipped itself back over onto 4 wheels. Dad was so unbelievably lucky!! He doesnt have a scratch on him just a bruise on his elbow!!

I ended up getting to bed at 4am and sleeping for 12 hours :)

Went to body combat this evening and enjoyed it - its pretty high intensity always on the go and it probably burned a few hundred calories! Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow!

Monday 13th February – Body Combat

B- muesli 223

*slice ham 30
*marmite cheese round 81
*reese pb cup 85

L- ww chicken & mushroom pie 304
Broccoli 40
Gravy 50
nat yog 76
clemintine 25

*hot choc 40

D- garlic stuffed olives 212 (based on 2x nandos)
Skips 82
Turkey chunks 116
Total = 1,364

Perhaps an odd reaction but your story made me smile Tan :). I so know this is exactly what happens and sooo love to hear evidence like this. XxxX

I'm with you too Jan. There is no other explanation for it. It was meant to be dad and grandad yesterday in that car and I fully believe that it was Grandad watching over him that made him get up and walk away from that accident unscathed :) x

Week ahead menu plan.
I've factored in more calories for wednesday and friday but they wont be the overall net calories as the runs will burn some off. Its also weigh in day on friday :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Tuesday 14th February

B- 1whole egg 2egg whites omelette 130
Garden peas 30
Ketchup 30
Oj 85

L- beef & butterbeans in tom & red wine sauce 410
Broccoli 40
Ski mouse 81

*milky bar 69

D- carrot sticks 56
Lf Hummus 100
Tuna & lf s.cream 124
Jordans bar 160
Total = 1,315

Wednesday 15th February - Run

B- muesli 223
Oj 85

*banana 100

L- beef & butterbeans in red wine & tom sauce 410
Cauliflower 50
Ski mousse 81

*hot choc 40
*flapjack 133
*marmite cheese round 81

D- carrot sticks 56
Lf hummus 100
Almonds 157
Tuna & lf s.cream 124
Jordans bar 160
Total = 1,800 (won’t be this many net cuz of the ones burnt from the run)

Thursday 16th February

B- 1egg 2egg white omelette 130
Peas 30
Ketchup 30
Oj 85

L- beef & butterbeans in red wine & tom sauce 410
Cauliflower 50
Ski mousse 81

*curly wurly 115

D- carrot sticks 56
Lf hummus 100
Tuna & lf s.cream 124
Marmite cheese round 81
Total = 1,292

Friday 17th February – Run & pump

B- muesli 223
Oj 85

*banana 100

L- baked sweet potatoe 230
Beans 160
Cheese 130
Ski mousse 81

*Cadburys 110

D- jordans bar 160
Tuna & lf s.cream 124
Skips 82
Marmite cheese round 81
Total = 1,566 (won’t be net as burn some from the run)

Saturday 18th February (seeing a friend in the evening & were guna go grab something healthy to cook for tea and watch a couple films so will update that one)

B- 1egg 2egg whites omelette 130
Peas 30
Cheese 40
Ketchup 30
Oj 85

*Cadburys 110
*skips 82
*banana 100

L/D- ?
s. total = 607

Sunday 19th February – body pump & hill run (monthly meal out with Stevie)

B- 1egg 2egg white omelette 130
Peas 30
Ketchup 30

*flap jack 133
*banana 100

L/D- me & Stevie are off out for something to eat. Either Pizza Hut or Nandos so will update.

s.total = 423

Go Grandad!!! :)

Loving the plan too xx

Aww what a lovely story about your Dad, not that he was in the accident, but just the fact your Grandad was there looking out for him. Definitely something that was meant to be.

One quick question Tanya, when you make your omelette with egg whites, what do you do with the yolks? :D

Back