♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

Awwww how cute, hope the birth went well after all the waiting for it to happen!

x x

Yeah, over a week of waiting but she made her entrance in the end. All was well, mum is doing fine too :)

Missed my scheduled run on monday as I slept in and then had shopping to do and then I wanted to go see Millie. Food sunday was ok but I did have wine as went out with my friend for a 'quiet' couple of drinks :eek: Monday was just rubbish! :eek: I feel like im in a holiday mode! When I had a week off work I wasnt too bad but last week, my week back at work was rubbish, I was all over the place with sleep as had a day off midweek and then the parade but i'm not expecting anything less than a gain on thursday but only have myself and my lack of willpower to blame! I'm getting a bit slack with my meal plans. I'm doing them, but in my head the day before as i'm just eating pretty much the same stuff. I'll start getting them back up on here though.

Sun 20th May
*1hr body step & 1hr body pump
B- 2x toast 206
jam 74
L/D- carvery; 2slices turkey, 2slices pork, 1 teeny bit of crackling, peas, cauliflower, carrots, stuffing ball, 1/2yorkshire & 1 small roast potatoe, gravy & cranberry jelly 700 (guesstimate)
*3crisps :confused:
*1.5bottles of wine 795
Total = 1,775

Mon 21st May
B- 2x crumpets 196
butter 120
hula hoops 128
*crumpet with cheese 188
*haribo ???? cannot find the info anywhere online :mad:
*chocolate with hazelnuts 292
L/D- big soup 228
slice of bread 105
Work- banana 100
*apple & raspberry juice 270
s.total = 1,627

Tue 22nd May

B- 2x toast 210
jam 74
*brunch bar 150
*space raiders 62
L- chicken, tom sauce, mixed veg & pilau rice 409
*grapes & yog 161
*hobnob 95
D- ham, lettuce & mustard pitta 206
Total = 1,367

Last edited:
Congratulations Auntie Tanya!! Millie is absolutely gorgeous, no wonder she's stolen all your hearts, what an absolute cutie!!! Glad mum and baby are doing so well.

You'll get back on track no problems. Just start doing your meal plans again, they really seem to work for you.

She is just so adorable! We all went out for food tonight as my grandad came down to see Millie and it saved mum cooking for 9 of us! :giggle: I had hold of Millie practically the whole time we were there. She's just too damn cute. She LOVES being held and loves to be held on your chest and she just falls to sleep so peacefully.

Went for my last long run today before the Half Marathon. Oddly I felt more comfortable today than my last couple of long runs. Not sure whether it was cuz I knew I was only going for 9miles or what. But I didn't have an energy gel, I didn't have my usual OJ at breakfast and from mile 4, despite the stupid heat I felt really comfortable. I might only take one energy gel with me during the half and have it towards the end if I need it. Hopefully not, if todays run is anything to go by.

I also have my totm, and my runs always seem to go alot better when i've got this, which is weird and also explains why I feel so tired and just want to pick at everything. Weigh in tomorrow, and I have to get up stupidly early as I have a shift starting at 1pm. Not hopeful at all, its going to be a gain I just hope its not too much!!

Todays run;

9miles
1:39:35
11:04avg pace
1,221cals burnt

Wed 24th May
*9mile run
B- 2x toast 220
jam 74
*banana 100
*cherry active 103
*2slices ham 66
L/D- harvester: salad of cucumber, carrot, sweetcorn, beetroot, couple croutons, coronation potato salad 250 (guesstimate)
main: harvester combo, 4oz rump steak, baby rack of ribs, baby potatoes & peas 510
*1/2hob nob biscuit 47
*chocolate malt milk biscuit 56
*cheese 90
Work- 2x boiled eggs 140
Total = 1,656
burnt = 1,221
net = 435

Last edited:
All sounds great Tanya!! Millie is enchanting you all!! What a joy to see how babies can charm everyone!
Good job on the run. Just think how far you have come and are just about to do a half marathon!! Super work!!
Good luck for weigh in!

So how did wi go??

CONGRATULATIONS AUNTIE!!! :):D:D:)

I feel like I've missed loads reading your thread!! The baby is absolutely gorgeous :) - really good weight too eh!

You must have been really proud at the passing out - rightly so! What a brilliant time for your family.

No time at all till your half marathon now - goodness how quickly that's come around :eek:. You've done sooo well - I hope you've got all the sponsorship you wanted, you deserve it! xx

Thanks Jan :)

I didn't weigh in I had had 4.5hours sleep an knew it would be bad. Will weigh in this thursday or Friday though. Last weigh in before the half so hopefully I can minimise any damage I've caused over the past week or so by knuckling down this week.

Will come back later to update food as am off to bed now xxx

Have been really slack lately with updating on here. I do keep track of it i've just not been finding time to get on here.
I've been so tired lately, I really am feeling physically drained. I shall be glad when the half is over as i'm thinking of giving myself a nice little break from running just do the classes. Will see how I feel though. I dont think its running thats making me tired, I think its not having a day off - i'm either working, specialling or doing phys.

Anyways food...Thursday was a very long day. Up at 11, shift at 1 and not home until 6wed morning hence more food. I've been a bit picky too but have my totm which explains it :sigh:

Did step & pump today. I was only going to do step as my thighs are killing me from pump on friday but the guilt would have been too much! :giggle: I have just 2 runs left now before the Plymouth Half. Its scary how close it is! A 2miler tomorrow and a 2miler on wednesday :eek:

Thur 24th May - shift
B- 2x toast 220
jam 74
L-chicken, rice, tom sauce, veg 409
banana 100
wotsits 95
crunchie 185
D- half white, egg baguette with s.cream 250 (guesstimate)
1/2bag skittles 110
krisp roll & pate 165
ham 22
Total = 1,630

Fri 25th May

*3.12mile run + 1hr body pump
B- 2x toast 220
jam 74
*banana 100
L- salmon, rice, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, sweetcorn 473
yog 105
*crisp 132
*mousse 105
D- ham, s.cream pitta 231
1/2 brunch bar 75
Total = 1,515
burnt = 432
net = 1,083

Sat 26th May
- shift
B- 2x toast 220
2x scrambled eggs 140
hp 30
butter 60
L/D- tomatoe, spinach, olive pasta with sweetcorn, lettuce, cucumber & toms 395
velvet crunch 88
banana 100
galaxy crisp rolls 112
mango & grapes 130
*cheese 90
*ham 22
*2x bread sticks & dip 100
*1/2 brunch bar 75
Total = 1,562

Sun 27th May
*1hr step + 1hr body pump
B- 2x toast 220
jam 74
*banana 100
L- chicken, mixed veg, carrot & swede, baby pots, gravy 514
*cheesecake 190
D- curly wurly 115
2x toast 220
ham, cheese, ketchup 164
Total = 1,597

You're such a busy bee I'm not surprised you're tired. Personally I think it's lack of sleep that's doing it, though not having a day off won't help obviously!

Don't forget to take care of you!!! :) xx

Managed to have quite a decent sleep last night, 11hours although it was very broken.

Had to go and have my implant changed today. I did think about not having it in anymore but its worked so far for me and just because i'm single doesnt mean I shouldnt have something like this. I did buy myself some lollipops at shopping today though - just cuz ya know, I was brave at having my arm cut :rotflmao: Its going to mess my body up a bit but I do have my totm at the moment. Weigh in should be fun thursday ... not!!!

Today was penultimate run day.
A short, quick 2miler.
I'm impressed that when doing 2milers it seems like a breeze from the get go yet the first 2miles in my long runs seem like hell! :confused:

Todays run:

2miles
20:30
10:16avg pace
278cals burnt

Mon 29th May
*2mile run
B-2x toast 220
jam 74
*lollipop 47
*diet energy drink 9
L- rice, tuna, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, sweetcorn, cheese 476
*yog 95
*nik naks 143 :doh:
D- wm ham, lettuce, lf soft cheese pitta 248
banana 100
lollipop 47
Total = 1,459
burnt = 278
net = 1,181

Had a nap this evening. I havent done that in a very long time! Something isn't right :(

Tue 30th May
B- 2x toast 234
peanut butter 180
*1/2 curly wurly 57
L- chicken, rice, lettuce, cucumber, tom, sweetcorn, onion, cheese 527
*yog 105
*grapes 66
D- ham, lf soft cheese, lettuce pitta 248
bacon crispies 96
Total = 1,513

Hope everything is OK with you Tanya, bit worried when you say having a nap means something's wrong. Take care.

Feel ok today. I had a headache for 3days which has finally gone. My throat is still a little sore when I swallow but nothing major. I managed to get a half night in work last night so got home early and to sleep early but still having very broken sleeps which is a pain. Bummer really as if last year is anything to go by I wont be sleeping much saturday night either :(

I weighed in today - I couldnt wait another day I had to find out what the damage was. Surprised to see I have stayed the same. Honestly thought there would be a gain especially with the last couple weeks of alcohol but maybe this weekend without any helped bring it down. I also measured and have lost another 2inches. 0.5 from bust, 1inch from hips and 0.5from arm.

So, going into this years plymouth half weighing 12st 3.25lbs. Not in the 11st like I wanted but i'm ok with that.
I do now have another weight goal. I want to be into the 10st bracket by the Bristol half in september. That means losing 18.25lbs in 17weeks :eek: its going to be tight after this weekend of celebrations (where there will no doubt be a huuuuuge alcoholic related gain!) but :fingerscrossed: I can do it.

Final training run today. Bitter sweet. Now its 3days of rest before the big day on sunday! :eek: :eek::p I have it imprinted on my brain that to get in on sunday in 2:30:00 I need to run 5.24miles in an hour. I CAN do that!!!!!!!!!! and I WILL!!!!! :fingerscrossed:

Todays run:

2.03mi
22:04
10:54avg pace
280cals burnt

Wed 30st May
B-
2x toast 234
jam 74
biscuit 65
*banana 100
*curly wurly 115
*slice of ham 22
L- salmon, baby pots, lettuce, cucumber, tom, sweetcorn, bbq sauce 502
*melon, grapes, yog 206
*caramel wafer bar 165
D- ham, lf soft cheese, lettuce pitta 253
*lollipop 47
Total = 1,783
burnt = 280
net = 1,503

WOW! Well done on your sts!! I think your metabolism must be working at a much faster rate than it used to with all your activities and that'll be why you can enjoy more and not have any ill effects ... as well as not OVERindulging of course.

Another great goal set for september - have you got a holiday booked? Or have you got a free run at it? You can do it either way - I'm just nosey ;)

Really looking forward to seeing how you get on on sunday ... will you text me your result? ... Please?? I don't think I'll be on line till the evening and I can't wait that long!! You're gonna do SOOOO fab :D:D:D xx

Of course I'll text u Jan :) I don't have any holidays booked but me and a friend do have two weeks off together in August where we may do a late deal abroad but if not then it'll defo be away somewhere here for a few days. Xxx

Sounds like a plan! :) x

Tanya, a STS with inch loss is a great result. Maybe set an inch loss target as well as a weight loss target for September.
Well done and the best of luck for your fun on Sunday. Let us know ASAP how you get on.

Good luck for Sunday!!! Hope the weather cools down a bit for you x

I would say I will be thinking of you on sunday Tanya but I'll be a little busy myself!! It's great you're so positive about the time you can get and to be honest I think we all know you can do it as well. Good luck and enjoy it (if you can). Can't wait to hear what time you get.

Well done on the STS, great result. Enjoy your jubilee weekend and see you next week!

Back