♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

Well done on your time!!! Bet you're so pleased :) and congratulations auntie! Wonderful news xx

Well done on your race!!! Bet your really pleased. Did you enjoy the race?

Well done Tanya!! Absolutely brilliant!! You should be so proud of yourself for getting that time, after all that work you put in you totally deserve it!

Thanks ladies :)

I did enjoy the race yeah. They changed the route to last year so it was nice to actually start on the hoe.
The atmosphere was brilliant. So many people out cheering and I saw so many people I knew out cheering this year too - it was just so nice! I had my name printed on my top too and even people I didn't know were shouting "go on Tanya". Just an all round really nice day.
I had some tough parts and some really good easy parts. I didn't run the saltram hill I walked it. I think that was a good tactic as I got to the top (took the second stone out of my damn trainer!!!:mad:) and got running straight away.

I am a teeeeny bit gutted I didn't get under 2:30 but I am putting that down to having to stop twice to get a stones out.
I set off feeling really good and ready. Kept telling myself I can do this and i've trained for it and I deserve it (sorry if thats a bit too big head like:eek:) and I was so focused and determined. I think I was running at around a 10:30-11min mile pace but I did have a few walks involved which brang the pace down to 11:29per mile over all. If anyone is interested here are my garmin stats for sunday ... Untitled by summergurl at Garmin Connect - Details

I will get my sub 2:30 at bristol and my aim is 2:20 .. but the main goal there is sub 2:30 :)

My dad did really well too. He came in in 1:56:21 and hadn't done a single training run cuz he's suffering with his knees. Not bad considering. And my two friends came in in 2:16 something. So proud of them :D

Food and drink since sunday has been off the scale. Well, not really food wise (i've just picked alot with only really one meal, breakfast monday and tuesday of bacon & egg sandwich :eek:) and i enjoyed a few ciders last night at home.

Back to it (ish) today. Will pull the picking back and get back to decent meals. I havent been shopping and I don't intend to until monday as i'll use up what I have here first. Got to knuckle down now as only 16weeks until Bristol and I want to lose 18lbs.
I'll weigh myself again next thursday as i'm guna give myself chance to pull back whatever gain i've had these past 3days! :eek:

Got out for a run today. Gently 2miles to get the legs moving again. Not as tough as I thought it was going to be and nowhere near as tough as last years recover run was!!

2.02mi
22:09
10:58avg pace
276cals burnt

Last edited:
Heres some pics :)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 542096_632063535310_285902123_3926706_1332969083_n.jpg
    542096_632063535310_285902123_3926706_1332969083_n.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 98
And a couple more :)
and because those running pics make me look humungous I'm feeling brave and here's the pics I took Wednesday after I weighed and measured myself. Quite happy with size just wana be lighter to run faster :giggle:

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 301845_631597449350_1999968950_n.jpg
    301845_631597449350_1999968950_n.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 77
  • image-1771968163.jpg
    image-1771968163.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image-1816109465.jpg
    image-1816109465.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Tanya - you look tiny in those photos!!!!

You look fab!!! By the way, your arms look grand. They're not all floppy like mine!!!!
Well done again!

WOWIE!!! How fab do you look!!??!! Really you look amazing :D:D:) ... I can't see anything wrong with your arms either but I know it's really annoying when people say that when YOU know how they feel to you! I still had to say it though, LOL!! xx

Yesterday was another right off. Started off with good intentions but ended up munching of some chocolate peanuts, half a mars bar and another packet of crisp.

Today, still not back on the wagon 100% but i'm recording everything again now.
Meal plans will be done in a mo and i will be back on track 100% tomorow.

If I remember rightly I think I was like this last year after my half too :rolleyes:

Thur 7th June
B-
1x toast 103
2eggs scrambled 140
ham 66
ketchup 30
*biscuit 45
*bacon fries 100
*galaxy 125
L- chicken 169 goats cheese 73
baby pots 142
veg 90
steak sauce 52
*yog 104
D- 1x bread 94
ham 40
mustard 20
banana 100
Total = 1,493

Last edited:
I think we all do this when we've had a goal we've been aiming for and it's over. What's good for you though is you have another one so you'll soon get yourself back on track :) xx

Lol ... Hope that makes sense ;) xx

Tanya you look great in those photos! I wish my arms were like yours, all toned and lovely.

Congrats to your dad too for coming in such a good time!

My arms are far from toned i'm afraid :(

Woke up late today, but I just couldnt get up. Mustve needed the sleep. So missed my planned run but taking a break this week will probably do good. I did go to body pump though. I died, seriously, felt like it! Squats absoltly caned my thighs and for the rest of the class (40mins) my thighs were a quivering mess. Still now walking down stairs they shake a bit LOL I did work hard during them though and really pushed myself cuz I missed my run! :eek:

I may go to step tomorrow evening but see how I feel. I can't do step and pump on sunday as I have overtime at my paid job - time & a half so i'll be taking it as hours which means 1.5days off :D too good to refuse!

Today food hasnt been great, still trying to get back on track from the 3days off track, i'll get there. I have to. Just taking it a day at a time and if I pick then I pick but i'm tryyyyyyyyyyyyying to stop it! :(

Fri 9th June
*1hr body pump
B- 2x toast 188
jam 114
*flapjack after pump :doh: 123
L- pasta, tom& basil sauce, tuna, sprinke of cheddar 539
*half a ring donut 125
*chunk of yorkie 60
D- made cupcakes today for an order and ive some left over so i'm going to bloody have one and enjoy it!
350 (guesstimate)
Total = 1,499

Thighs are battered. Never had a case of doms this bad before :( pump absolutely battered me yesterday.

Rubbish food again today :doh: but now having a few v&c's with my mum. It's been a long time since me and mum just had a night in together. I'm always working!

Sat 9th June

B- 2x toast & 2x boiled eggs
*1/2raspberry turnover
*hula hoops
L/D- fried chips, slice of bread, 3onion rings, but of grated cheese, ketchup & garlic mayo
(I even put a second lot of chips on after my first lot :()
*revels
*salted peanuts

Last edited:
Sun 10th june
B-
2x toast
jam
*packet doritos
*starburst
L/D- roast; 2slices beef, 3baby boiled pots, 1 roaster, lotsa veg, tbsp mash, gravy, mint sauce
*about 2tbsps of trifle
*1bottle of wine
*4rum & lemonades
*picked at some salted peanuts & a chunk of pb kit kat chunky

Mon 11th June
*2mile run
B- 2x toast, 1pb, 1jam
*4squares raw jelly
L- turkey breast, rice, lettuce, cuucmber, tom, steak sauce
*strawberries, grapes, yog
*2slices banana soreen
D- 2 slices banana soreen
walkers baked stars cris
100cal chocolate bar (new in in work, didnt go much on em)
*ham, slice of cheese, pickle when home from work

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So thats it now, i'm done. My belly is really bloated and i'm hating it. I'm dreading getting on the scales on thursday, I may wimp out and do it next week.

I've had a down couple of days but im back to it now.
Strict 1,600cals a day & no alcohol now.
15weeks untill bristol half and I want to be in the 10st bracket.
Feel freek to kick me up the butt if you see me on a downward spiral again ...

Tue 12th June
B- 1x toast 84
mushrooms 30
ham 66
1egg2whites scrambled 110
hp sauce 30
oj 85
*2slices of banana soreen 178
L- pork loin, grilled 276
rice 188
lettuce, cucumber, tomato 20
*strawberries, grapes & yog 197
D- ham, lettuce, pickle pitta 231
stars 94
Total = 1,589

Hey Tan :)
I think it's quite common to have a relief wobble when you accomplish a goal. Does that sound strange? I guess it's rewarding yourself for the hard work :)
Sounds like you're determined for Bristol though, hope you get to the weight you want for it :) x

Nope, it doesnt sound strange, I think Jan mentioned it too. Theres rewarding and just being a pig! :giggle: i've been the later! haha

I am hoping I can get back on track asap, today has been ok, no unplanned snacks etc.
If I cant get back to it then I have been in contact with a guy who takes body pump etc (but not at my gym) who runs this programme where you have shakes. 2 shakes, 2snacks and 1main meal. I am considering it as we've spoken about my phys plan with it too.

So we shall see but its just a vague plan at the minute.

Hoping I can get back to it but I really want these 18lbs gone :(

Well, the main thing is you have a plan which always works for you. If you plan to get those 18lbs off, then you will. Easier said than done, I know, but we all know how determined you are and if anyone can do it you can!

I really hope I can Bev! :fingerscrossed:
I have a plan, I may start it monday if the PT guy gets back to me about me starting monday if not then i'll do my own version based on what he's said. I would like the support of him though but not entirely too fussed if not.

Went for a run today. Was good to get some proper mileage in the legs though I wasnt really 'feeling' it.
Undecided if i'm guna weigh myself tomorrow when I get up. I should do but I know its going to be a huge gain so may save the crappy feeling for next week when it should hopefully not be as much!

5.10miles
55:28
10:53avg pace
694calories burnt

Wed 13th June
*5.10mile run
B- 2x toast 168
jam 114
*banana 100
L- tuna, butterbeans, 1boiled egg 1boiled egg white, salad 378
*strawberries, grapes, nat yog 216
D- ham, lettuce, pickle pitta 233