♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

Glad to hear your Grandad is on the mend hun and hopefully the family thing sorts itself our soon xx Foodwise I think we are all in the same boat......I'm a savage!

God knows why we feel the need to do that hey Jan! Lol

The family thing won't sort itself unfortunately :( I just wish I could handle situations without thinking of food!

Sorry to hear you're having family problems Tanya. If only we could "choose" our families eh??

I'm sure it's the time of year that's affecting everybody's thinking towards food (or not thinking in my case). If I want it, I'm having it. So baaaddd!!

Soon be New Year and a new start, that's what I'm thinking. Wrong I know.

I can't let myself have it Bev :( I've got a goal of -12lbs by Jan 20th ... i'm not sure how i'm going to do it, i've only got 6 weeks but I will be happy though if I can get 8lbs off to get me dead on 12st then the other 4lbs i'll work at. (I need a bloody miracle over christmas!)

Todays weigh in was ok, I was surprised.
I lost 0.75lbs despite the takeaway food & alcohol last weekend :eek: :D

Still no wiser with the family situation. I asked for my nan's help today whilst on my run but unfortunatley she didnt show up. I've got some time to work it out so hopefully all will become clear.

Some good news, my little brother passed his corporals course!!! out of 70 he came 4th and was only 1 of 5 to get an A! So so proud of him :D

Today i'm going to be a little relaxed. Not go ott but i'm going to have a bit of what I fancy as these past 2 days i've really been struggling and I think its what I need.

Todays run was ok. It felt tough but that'll teach me not to have carbs the day before *school boy error!*

Managed 5miles in 58mins again.
Pace 11:36 p/mile

Friday 9th December

B- porridge 287
oj 85

*advent choc 42

L- med veg quiche 350
4 mini lemon coated diddy donuts 200 (just a guesstimate from looking at mfp)

*options hot choc 40
*banana 100

D- Turkey feast sandwich 349
french fries 97
1choc orange Viennese whirl 138
2xsatsumas 50

s.total = 1,638
(not overly worried about calories today, I roughly burnt 700 on todays run so if anything i'll be dipping into those calories)

Last edited:
Well don't your brother on his fab results. Great news on your loss this week too. If you get your family issue sorted then everything will be going very well for you.
Enjoy your little treats.

Edited my menu. Total cals up to 1,500 so only dipped into my burnt calories by 200 :)

Another edit: 1 choc orange Viennese whirl

Total cals 1,638 so into burnt cals by 338

Last edited:
Well done to the bro - you must be well proud :D

**hugs** for the family thing - not much else I can do ..... sorry :eek:

I like viennese whirls but I could probably leave the choc orange ones alone - tho if there was nothing else ..... ;)

I thought you were supposed to have carbs the day before doing any running - or is that just very long distances?? Mind you 5 miles is a heck of a long distance to run if you ask me!! x

Thanks Jan on both the congrats & hug :)

The choc orange one was ok. But not a patch on the originals!

Yeah supposed to have them but thought I'd be ok of having porridge in the morning but obvs not lol I have done my back in tho. It was twinging on my last mile and I stopped stretched it out and carried on but it was still twinging. Got home showered etc was ok the all of a sudden agony! I've taken brufen and its a sharp pain so thinking I've trapped a nerve or something. Hopefully it sorta itself out soon. I can barely sit on my work chair properly tonight! :(

Poor thing! Good idea to rest the back. Might just be a muscle and it'll be better in a couple of days.

Back is ALOT better today. Still the odd twinge but nothing like last night was.

Got a shift tonight at my actual job 22:30-05:30 :( wish I didn't though. Just have to keep remembering, once its over i'll have another 2days off!

I've now got another word pad on my laptop that i'm going to note down just the total cals for each day that I have just so I can keep a track of it week by week and make sure i'm sticking as close to as I can to 10,450 total per week. I'll update it in here too weekly just so i've got another record of it. Started it yesterday as weigh ins are on fridays.

Saturday 10th December

B- 2x wm toast 220
2x poached eggs 200
hp 30
ketchup 30

*meanies 83
*mini lemon donut 50

L- pasta n sauce 364

D- chicken cuppa soup 76
jordans bar 151
2xsatsumas 50
choc n oat bar 104

*glass of wine when home 170

*1quality street
*2 chocolates off the tree
(update cals when home on laptop & can find them out)

Total = 1,678

Last edited:
AH! I read your post as 'that'll teach me to have carbs the day before running' but it actually says 'that'll teach me NOT to have carbs .....' - I have decided that you have edited the comment - NOT that I read it wrong :giggle:

Sooooo sorry to hear about your back :( I hope it's improved further and you're not too uncomfortable in work. Strangely enough I had an awful pain in my neck & shoulder this time last night - I could barely sit here but it eased through the night and it's gone completely tonight - odd! - Still I can blame old age - what's you excuse ;)

Hope your night goes quick hon xxx

My excuse .. :hmm: I blame the run! :p

Work last night wasnt too bad. It did go pretty quick as we sat chatting and listening to music.

I edited yesterday to add the calories for the quality street & 2 tree chocs, added on 150 cals as a guesstimate.

Sunday 11th December

B- 1x wm toast 110
butter 60
*advent choc 42

L/D- mums roast! :drool:
roast beef 182 (taken from cal book)
boiled pots 101
mixed veg 120
2mini yorkshire puds 112 (based on a.bessies nutrition info)
gravy 50

*2glass wine 340
*soco's & d.lemonade 500
*roses 300

s.total = 1,917

Last edited:
Still got a little twinge but it's a heck of a lot better than Friday, thanks :D

Glad your back's on the mend :) xx

Congrats to your brother Tanya, you must all be so proud of him and rightly so.

Glad your back's on the mend, it affects everything when your back goes too! Just take care with it and don't overdo things.

It's great that your back is getting better. Just don't overuse it until you are sure it's fine.

Hope your back is better now and hope your grandad is doing well too.

Well done to your little bro x

Well, today I have good and bad news.

The bad, grandad got taken to hospital again this morning :( he's really not well. Took a massive turn for the worse during the night. Grandma bless her didn't want to disturb anyone so struggled from 3am-8am untill mum texted her and she was waiting for the docs to open at 8:30 so she could get a doc out to him not realising there was an emergency doc number or even better 999. When we told her to ring for the emergency doc because of the symptoms grandad was having they sent an ambulance straight to them and bought him in. He's deteriorating fast and I do not like the look of it all. Despite that he still had a laugh and a joke with me whilst I was there this morning. They've admitted him again and mum & gma are back up there now with him.

Onto good news, i'm now a fully substantive special constable. Went in for a meeting this evening and got signed out of my probation!! :D :D

I'm also having a mare of a TOTM its horrendous, the worst i've had in a long time. I was up at 5am with it then all that happened with grandad and luckily I managed to grab a couple hours kip this afternoon to see me through the night.

Food a bit blurgh today :( will post week plan up later.

Monday 12th December

B- 1slice wm toast 110
butter 60
choc n oat bar 104

*meanies 83
*3 roses chocolates 150
*advent choc 42

L- frankie & bennies: bruschetta to start
philly steak wrap & fries as main
(can't find the cals online for this place :mad: maybe thats a good thing :p)

*wm toast 110
peanut butter 100

*options hot choc 40

D- cuppa soup 76
geo bar 130
2x satsumas 50

s.total = 1,055 (without snack before work & f&b's)

(edited yesterdays menu, had some soco's & diet lemonades and 6chocolates - mum opened a tin of roses!! :p)

Last edited:
Back