♥~ Tanya's Maintainence Diary - Year 3 - Diary of a runner! ~♥

Sure are!
Asda Jan. they're made by KP and I thought id get about 2crisps in the bag for that price but it's actually a decent amount :)

15 packs for £1!!! I'd buy 10 of them!!

Hmmm not sure bout the sweets lol maybe from my milky moos????

Mega meanies are my favourite, they are bigger than the normal packs but always taste more pickled oniony than the small packs :)

Must keep an eye out for them then!

Just home from work and hungry and ended up munching a choc n oat bar (104cals) & 3mini jaffacakes(75cals) :(

And me! x

HaHa .... good luck with that ;) xx

Mary if your ordering I will have chips and curry sauce!
Tan thanks for explaining about your job. Sounds pretty cook although I guess for you it isn't! How's your Granddad?x

Proud to announce, I refused. I will stick to the fritatta :) I only done it for you T, I was thinking of your well being..........lol.

WooHoo Missis!! Well done you! ;) xx

Well done on refusing Mary! :)

Not good news with Grandad :( He has cancer of the liver & lung. Yesterday was not a good day at all. Basically the scan he had last week which showed his pneumonia couldnt show the cancer as the pneumonia was hiding it but the scan he had yesterday, a full body one revealed it. From what the doctors can determine at this time is that it'll be untreatable and it'll be a case of making him 'comfortable' :cry: To say I was devestated would be an understatement.

They can't do a biopsy as his red cells are so low if they did he'd bleed to death. They've taken him off certain medications and are keeping him in still. He might be home the weekend. He made progress today and the physio had him up and walking. I went to see him yesterday and he was ok, still having a laugh and a joke which is a positive.

Because they can't do a biopsy it means we have to wait untill the 20th untill they surgeons can have a 'meeting' and discuss his case and bascially if there is anything they can do. Work were v.kind last night and let me and Stevie go 2hours early - my job is the worst place ever when you've got something on your mind all I could do was sit and think about it. But we have to be positive. He's made progress today theres nothing to say he can't keep fighting for a little longer.

Food yesterday :hmm:

Wednesday 14th December

B- 1/2 slice toast 50
peanut butter 45
banana 90

L- meal out...
starter: scallops & chorizo (4 of each) (200)
main: butternut squash & goats cheese rissotto (400)
desert: shared an apple crumble with vanilla icecream (250)

(guesstimated these calories by looking at stuff online)

*2 fox's praline biscuits 130
*options hot choc 40

D- had in work: meanies 83
2x satsumas 50
geo bar 130

*when I got home:
*3/4 of a galaxy ripple 130
*chunk of cheese 120
*2slices roast chicken 44

Total = 1,762

---------------------------------------

Today, went for a run, well, more of a swim! Only a 4miler though, i just didn't feel up to it. Kind of lost my motivation lately, wish it would hurry up & come back! I blame christmas!!! :rolleyes:

Thursday 15th December

*4miler 46mins pace 11:30p/mile

B- porridge 287

*advent choc 42
*slice of roast chicken 22

L- 4cream crackers 132
olives 44
pickled egg 100
2cheese triangles 40
cherry toms 10
cucumber 5
beetroot 50
yog 70
praline biscuit 65

D- minted lamb big soup 228
wm roll 169
2x satsumas 50
meanies 83

Total = 1,397

Edit: total cals for past 7days are 10,988
538 more than weekly allowed but thats not including the calories burnt this week from running.

Last edited:
Oh Tanya, big hugs to you and all your Family. This is such sad news, never a good time to get news like this, but at this time of year its even worse.

My only hope is that your Grandad can be comfortable and able to still enjoy what he can for a long time to come.

I actually lost my Father to the same thing, and it just brings it all back to me. After my Dad was diagnosed, we got up to Scotland nearly every weekend and we had a good time together and my Father was in high spirits all the way through.

I wish you all well, and you know where we are if ever you need a chat, moan, groan etc, but hey, chin up girl, I am sure your Grandad is a fighter and will continue to fight for a long time.

Ah that is just terrible news. Your poor granda. As you say, he is in good form right now. All that matters is that he gets the best care for the time he has left. I hope you get to spend some good time with him over Christmas. I hope that you and all your family can come to terms with your bad news and can support each other. Hugs to you Tanya.

Nothing much more to be said really is there hon :eek: .... Your Grandma will need lots of support which I'm sure she'll get from you all.
We're here for you chuck ****hugs**** xxx

Thanks ladies :)

Not much anyone can say in these situations it's just nice to know your all here.

Keeping my fibgers crossed for Tuesday. X

So sorry about your sad news Tanya. Make sure you enjoy as much time with him as you can.

Hugs to you all.

I'm so sorry Hun. Again we are all here for you. I'm glad he is still in good spirits though.
Take care x

Grandad is home. Me and Stevie went to see him earlier (so skipped my run today :eek:). He seems ok, well, as ok as he can be. Grandma is holding up ok too and i've told her to phone me in the night if there are any problems as i'm up and not to suffer on like last time.

Food today is off plan, calories a little higher as i got up early today and had a little chocolate pick! I must work on the cals next week and get them down if I want a loss next friday. I can only get in 2 more runs now before christmas so calories have to be on top form (I say that but I have a day out on the wine planned for tomorrow! :( why do there have to be so many cals in it?!)
Theres going to be no way i'm going to be in the 11st bracket by Jan 20th so aim is to now get these 8lbs off so i'm 12st before starting 1/2 training again. Little bit optomistic but i'm hoping it will keep me somewhat on the straight an narrow over christmas. The big downfall will be the wine, and copious amounts of it! :eek: Although really, this should be the last thing on my mind this christmas :(

Friday 16th December

B- 2x wm toast 200
butter 60
jam 37

*advent choc 42
*3 squares galaxy 69
*wafer caramel bar 134
*praline biscuit (damn things!!!!) 65

L-4cream crackers 128
pickled egg 100
2x cheese triangles 40
cherry toms 10
cucumber 5
beetroot 50
tree chocolate 42

*hot choc 38

D- wm roll 169
2x cheese triangles 40
roast chicken slice 22
meanies 83
2x satsumas 50
quality street 50

Total = 1,434

Last edited:
Thats great news that he is home, such a comfort to be out of hospital and back in your own surroundings.

Keep trying over Xmas Tanya, then why not join Jan and myself for definite on Jan 3rd?

I will keep plodding on and i'll defo be with you both on the 3rd :D

Back