01/12/2012 FOUR STONE LOST - NEW PICS - 17.7lb-Slim - The Weight Loss Diary

WannaBe14Stone

Hiya,

I've decided to join here because for a number of reasons I've decided I want to drop quite a few pounds in order to feel
happy with myself.

My Background:

I used to be really quite slim, but nowadays nah. I piled on quite a few pounds a few years ago and since then I've felt like
an elephant all the time... it knocked my self-confidence right off and I actually went two years without any sort of relationship
or intimacy with another guy (yeah, I'm gay, the person in the photo's below isn't a really unfortunate girl :p). Then recently
I got with a guy who didn't care about the things that scared me (my weight and my abundance of stretch marks). This gave
me loads more confidence in myself and talking about my problems, but we've since split up. We're still mates and I've taken
a lot of esteem away from the relationship.

Thing is, I don't want to have to wait to be approached again by the next person in my life, but I know that as long as I'm this
size, I won't be able to approach somebody myself, I simply won't have the confidence.

So what do I look like?

This is me now having lost roughly a stone, and weighing in at 16st 8lb. The T-Shirt I'm wearing is actually an old one that until
recently looked like a crop-top and I'm using it as a guide for the next stone or so to aid me in seeing the difference, as right now
it's as tight as it will go, and my older clothes are getting really quite baggy.

294t2ci.jpg

And what do I want to look like?

I really want to look much much slimmer. If I could make it down to 14st that would be a dream, and any further than that would
simply be the icing on the cake(I'm not longer allowed to eat). I want to lose my belly and have it back to like it was a few years
ago... Same goes for my chest area, I want that flattening out and my arms too.

So what's the plan?

For the last three weeks or so I've managed to drop a stone (ish) by calorie control and eating low carb. I've cut out all of the things
I used to binge on, and don't order in anymore ( I might have the occasional treat, but nothing like the frequency I once had). Then,
when I'm down somewhere between 15st-16st I want to try a VLCD again. I tried Exante last year and didn't last long, but I had a lot
going on as well. I was ashamed of myself at that point as I weighed 18st and felt like a right porker. So when I get down there I think
I'll try either Exante or Slim and Save, whichever I can afford at the time I guess.

I'm making this blog to spur me on because I know you guys and girls are a supportive bunch!

Goals:

• Feel more confident in myself.
  • Be able to fit comfortably into my old 34W jeans without struggling to fasten them. (I can fastem them now for the first
    time in years but it's a challenge and the zip won't stay up!)
  • Make the orange t-shirt hang off me!
  • Get down a half-stone at a time

:)

Last edited:
hi there, you certainly seem to have organised yourself and got a plan so I hope that you succeed on your weight loss journey. I did Exante for a while last year but life got in the way, or rather I let it get in the way and so didn't stick to it like I should have. Anyway just wanted to welcome you and wish you luck.

Thanks x

The more I look at this picture the more I see how much I've really lost. Can't stop thinking about kebabs though... will have to be good... lol.

A few pounds down this week already, very happy...

A few pounds down this week already, very happy...

Ooo I have a feeling that it is going to be a good week in the Weigh-in thread. I did have fish and chips last night but today I have done really well, plus 10 hours on my feet at work will have helped.

Keep going :D

I intend to! I haven't updated for a bit but I feel I've done pretty well. I'm actually hovering around 16st 2lb on my dodgey over weighing scales so I imagine my ticker will be moving quite a bit this Thursday!

Two weeks and two days after that it's Manchester pride so I think I'll be about 15st 10lb by Pride which should mean the 34" waist shorts I've bought on eBay earlier will be a decent fit :D

Which means my current BMI is... 29...

:cool: Hey yeah yeah eh eh ehhhh... like a guy going slim, a fat guy goin slim I'm like... hey yeah yeah eh eh ehhhh... :cool:

So Today I've decided to eat a few things with taste... but I don't feel an ounce of guilt actually...

1 Can of Heinz Tomato Soup
1 Packet of 88 Calorie Quavers
1 Small Cookie
1 Chicken Burger with Onion rings and microwaved chips.
1 Carrott

Yep, I'm going to hell. But you know what, I've been good for quite a while now so I think I've earned the right to break loose. And it's gotta be 100% for a while now... so I'm gonna try for both 100% before Thursday and also next Thursday (the weigh in after)...

:D

Last edited:
So today I'm 16st 2 on the scales on my weigh in, which takes my BMI to 29 exactly. Been in uni today and was at the receiving end of many compliments as we've been out on placement for three months and barely seen each other!

New pair of shorts came today, 34" waist. And guess what... I fit in them ;)

Last edited:
Okay having gotten on the scales both today and yesterday at the first bathroom visit, I'm actually in the top fifteens, and then throughout the day it goes to around 16st0/1...

I'm making progress!

Staying in the top 15s now without any wobbling. Going to see how it's going when I get up... I think I might try and post an update with the horrible orange T-Shirt aswell tomorrow to show the change :)

So I'm 15st 10lb and really really proud of how far I've come. So I've decided to take a body photo as I was really cringing about doing that before... so here we go... Cannot wait for the 1st October so I can look back at these pictures and know just how far I've come. It's time to lose the "love handles".

weight loss.jpg

I feel "nothing" in uploading these photos with the stretch marks... it just doesn't really bother me anymore. I think it might with a new partner for a while but who knows?!

I seem to have made everybody sick with the photos lol as nobody has replied and normally pics get comments lol! :eek:

Hello :) nice to meet you. Looks like you're well on track to your goal weight. Well done you :)

Your pics look great! You should be very very proud of yourself. I too often think about kebabs haha, the devil on one shoulder holds a greasy kebab and the slim angel on my other is shaking her head ;)

Looking forward to seeing your progress xxxx

Thankyou! I'm going to upload more pictures in the same clothes on the 1st October which is my first "goal date" but I doubt I'll be making that goal. If I can make it down to 15st 0lb by the 1st October I'll be happy.

Your doing great keep up the good work :D

The way you are going I'm sure you will hit your goal :) well done you! You sound motivated. I love it xxxx

Thanks guys xx today is the day i get back into really trying.

Todays weight:

15st 7lb.

Next target of 15st 0lb has been slashed to 15/09/2012.

Last edited:
So today I've checked the scales (having been away at family's and eaten very little, and what I have eaten being utter crap) and I'm 2lb down this week (two days ahead of my weekly weigh-in)... But I've literally only eaten junk food today as I've just got back... ooops. I think I should be able to maintain this loss though...

So I have another 5lb to lose before the next ten days is up. Am I scared? Yes. Do I think I can do it? Yes, with hard work.

1/10/12 (New placement start date, and I'll have to wear scrubs) is the day I want to be 14st 7lb and I really hope I make it... I'll be a good 3st lighter than the last time I did a placement shift in that hospital and I can't wait to run into old faces from the units/wards I've worked on before, just so they can see the difference. So proud right now and want to be prouder. Although I might be working there via agency before that so people might see me 2-stone lighter before then lol.

I think I might shock a few people on the 1/10/2012 when I announce my next target goal.

Last edited:
Hey WannaBe, great job on the weight loss this week, and I hope you manage another 5lb in 10 days, definitely going to be tough though! :p

It's really very hard but I just gotta do it, I'll feel let down in myself if I fail at this.

Back