02-01-12 Newbie

DarcyO

Hi Everyone...

I thought seeing as though from the 2nd Jan 2012 i would be a permanent fixture here - i better say hello and briefly introduce myself.
My name is Darcy and i am a junk-a-holic!
Im an Ex-Cambridger, lost 2.5st in 5 weeks and managed to pile it all - and more back on.
I have cleared a cupboard and quite OCD'ishly lined up all my S&S products, water flavourings, head ache tablets, vitamins ect ready.
I am actualy really looking forward to starting - i can see it being a hell of a lot easier than Cambridge due to the "meal" options - im most definatley the kin of person who needs to chew my food.

I hope to get to know you all alot better and look forward to having a winge and a moan as well as a bit of celebrating along the way!!

Any one else starting around the same time?
Any one started and have hints & tips ect??
Also, how does everyone actualy do the plan - as in how many weeks at a time??

XOXO
DarcyO
x

First of all welcome to S&S!
I've just started (I'm on day 3) and we have a few other new starters around.

I don't really have much in the way of tips other than just working your way through any cravings you get by distracting yourself with other things. I like to come on here and look at people's weight loss photos (from all different diets) for motivation when I really want to break.

I've not really decided how I want to do the plan yet, I'm going to see how it goes. I know I may hit a bit of a hurdle when I start going out on placement (I'm a paramedic student) in late Feb so may have to move to food then. Other than that my plan is probably going to be low carbing whenever I need a week or so off and eventually moving to Slimming World for the final leg.

Hi Darcy, welcome. I did S&S for quite a while last year but had a break after 6 weeks for a holiday and then I've been having a 2 week break over Xmas. To be honest I don't think I'd want to do more than 12 weeks at a stretch without a bit of a break. I have found that breaking it down into chunks of time, and also chunks of weight makes it easier to stay focused for that period / goal.

I'm starting back on 4th Jan after a indulgent Xmas but I've enjoyed it and am determined to get to my goal in this next chunk. Lots of people will be starting about now so there will be plenty of people going through the same things as you. You'll know what it's like getting into ketosis and a massive strong will being needed in the first week, but as you know if you stay strong it becomes easier and the weight losses are ultra motivating :).

And you'll know (as I do!) that you can't go back to pre diet habits otherwise you just pile it all back on again. Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt! I need to have a better plan for maintaining when I reach goal than last time - I just haven't figured out what it's going to be yet!

Day 3 - Has Ketosis hit yet?
Its kinda like euphoria for a few weeks then - or it was for me - everyone's different lol
You are very brave starting before new year - did you decide not to do anything for it or just not to drink/eat??

How much water is everyone drinking - is it still 3/4 Litres a day?
And i dont suppose any one knows how much water flavouring is allowed per day??

XOXO
DarcyO

Hi Darcy, welcome. I did S&S for quite a while last year but had a break after 6 weeks for a holiday and then I've been having a 2 week break over Xmas. To be honest I don't think I'd want to do more than 12 weeks at a stretch without a bit of a break. I have found that breaking it down into chunks of time, and also chunks of weight makes it easier to stay focused for that period / goal.

I'm starting back on 4th Jan after a indulgent Xmas but I've enjoyed it and am determined to get to my goal in this next chunk. Lots of people will be starting about now so there will be plenty of people going through the same things as you. You'll know what it's like getting into ketosis and a massive strong will being needed in the first week, but as you know if you stay strong it becomes easier and the weight losses are ultra motivating :).

And you'll know (as I do!) that you can't go back to pre diet habits otherwise you just pile it all back on again. Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt! I need to have a better plan for maintaining when I reach goal than last time - I just haven't figured out what it's going to be yet!

It sounds like i could of personally wrote this lol
I love mini-goals, its far too demoralising looking at a big - and i mean big picture...

im in it for the long haul lol

XOXO
DarcyO

Day 3 - Has Ketosis hit yet?
Its kinda like euphoria for a few weeks then - or it was for me - everyone's different lol
You are very brave starting before new year - did you decide not to do anything for it or just not to drink/eat??

How much water is everyone drinking - is it still 3/4 Litres a day?
And i dont suppose any one knows how much water flavouring is allowed per day??

XOXO
DarcyO

I don't think ketosis has hit yet.

I never do anything for New Year and seeing as I'm back in uni halls and no-one else is I'm a loner anyway.

I think your allowed as much of their water flavouring as you like. There is also an exante thread on allowed drinks which is going to be a life saver for me.

Hi Darcy

I am a newbie to S&S and to VLCD but not to weightloss and diets lol I weighed in at just over 200lbs in 2007 and managed to lose 47lbs by Aug 2008 by doing calorie counting and long distance running.. Unfortunately my 19 year old back problem ramped up in Jan 2010 and my back decided to give up for good and I ended up in bed for nearly 18 months, had to have Carers in to look after me. I put weight again due to just laying there doing nothing but am up moving around again, all be it slowly but am now ready to tackle the rest of my journey.

I too am starting on 2nd Jan, I have already semi started, having S&S meals and drinking water, but having a normal dinner, hoping this will help me a little? It's the evenings that are the worst for me and going to be the hardest to get through but I am hoping that I can get through them?!?!

Look forward to hearing how your doing and watching your progress.

Lisa

The evenings on S&S aren't too bad to be honest as if you have some allowed veggies with the 'meal' pack it feels almost like a proper meal. It was the alcohol for me but I actually find it easier to abstain completely than just have the odd glass.

Just noticed how tall you are! My weight would be perfect if I was about a foot taller :).

Hmmm I have my evening meal and then want to pick all evening already lol I am sure I will struggle a little but positive I will get through it. Somehow!!

Luckily I don't usually drink so I know alcohol isn't going to be a problem for me. Just fancied a treat this NYE. Had such a bad few years with everything that's gone on decided to start 2012 a little differently and go into it with a positive outlook rather than my normal doom and gloom. Thought the wine would help me a little lol

Well ladies, I have to say, I have just jumped on the scales out of curiosity - was going to wait till morning! And I am a little depressed!! I have put a lot lore that I thought on! 4 stone since this time last year!!! Gutted!!!
Well- just proves I need to get started ASAP!! Roll on Monday!!

Xoxo
DarcyO

Don't be depressed! 2012 is a new year, a new start! That weight will be gone in no time at all. Start the new year with a positive outlook!

Keep smiling, we can all do this!!

Try not to let it get to you. Easier said than done i know but this time next week you will be well on the way to a new you. The end of your first week will be amazing. You'll have a good loss and it'll give you that boost to go on. That's what i'm focussing on.
I weighed myself yesterday and i don't know exactly how much i've gained over xmas but i know i'm almost at the heaviest i've ever been which was a hard realisation yesterday morning. I'm more determined than i've ever been to get down to my goal weight.
Keep your chin up and remember we're all in it together x

Oooo I'm going to love it here with all you lovely people!!!
Well, I'm now going to prep a low carb- high protein Buffett for tonight's antics! I'm not sure the alcohol consumption will be as kind!!
So to everyone - Happy New year, hope you all have a fab one & here's to an amazing and skinny-minnie 2012!!!

Xoxo
DarcyO

That 4 stone should be pretty much gone by Easter if you stick to the plan. Then you'll have the rest of the year to be even slimmer :).

Happy New Year!

Is the the one actually by S&S? I know someone said there was one mentioned in an S&S email but foe some reason I don't get the emails.

Great to know we have a few of us starting the journey together and a few with some good experience! I am starting tomorrow as DH is working a couple of night shifts and won't have any distractions....!!

Hi, I'm restarting tomorrow - are any of you doing the January challenge?

Happy New Year!! :D

Me too.... Will be on line so keep me company:bighug::bighug:

We all do it differently Darcy

Welcome by the way

I hope you will find that us slim and save lot are very non judgemental and whatever works for you is how you should do it

I did it for 4 weeks in august for a holiday and lost 16lbs , I felt a hell of a lot better and my clothes fitted me which they didnt at the star

I then did it on and off for sept and oct and gained about 5lb

in nov i got back on it and lost about 11lbs , ive gained a few back over dec , but im still about a stone and a half less than i was when i started

with holidays xmas and new year out of the way i now have a clear run up to easter and plan to do it 100% strating tomoro and hopefully reach goal by easter

Good luck with your journey and keep posting , this forum is invaluable for support and if you are having a rotten week or two still post because we do support each other through the good and bad x

Yeah, no one is judgmental here, and you're free to do whatever version of the plan you like; so 3 products on their own, 3 products with veggies, 4 products, or whatever. Everyone copes differently and does the plan slightly differently using slightly different products. You just need to find out what works for you. We will tell you if you're doing something that will impact the effectiveness of the diet though, so if you end each day with a sandwich we might suggest that you don't ;), but even then it's up to you (but you'll find it difficult).

There are some golden rules (the main one being to maintain ketosis and restrict calories to the level in the plan) but other than that it's up to you as long as you're not doing something dangerous like only having 1 or 2 packs a day and nothing else.

Good luck!

Back