02/01/15 Starters! Whoes with me????? :)

12.12.5...a loss of 8.5lbs :) and down into the 12s...I've been trying to hit the 12s for six months without success...one week of this and I'm there! Yay! I wonder if I can see the 11s before the end of Jan...it'll be tough, but.... Yay! Yay! Yay!

WELL DONE !!!! Ooh that first week weigh in is such a good one and then spurs you on for week 2. Really great start for you. And into a new stone too... always makes you feel great to see a new stone on the scales! Looking forward to next Wednesday and my first weigh in. Am at the headachey, cold, tired and hungry stage at the moment - just going in to day 3. X

Well done weigh in dayers. Fab losses!! :D

Week 1 weigh in for me and 10.5lb lost :D Very happy!

Well done to all the other losers ;)

Sparkley, sounds like ketosis is happening :) Good luck!

Week 1 weigh in for me and 10.5lb lost :D Very happy! Well done to all the other losers ;) Sparkley, sounds like ketosis is happening :) Good luck!

Fantastic loss Jayne, I can't wait for my first weigh in. I lost 11lb the first week last time, but I've heard it is normally less the 2nd time you do a VLCD - we shall see! Not as hungry today but need to get out of the routine if thinking about food, meals and what I can eat next... Which is what I have been mostly doing for the last month!! x

Tbh I lost the same in the first week the last two times I started a vlcd, i only lost less this time because I had two days low carbing but much higher cals and only 5 days on packs. And only 1.5 lbs less so not worried at all. Because I'm here, motivated and this time feels so different than the last 2 times I did a vlcd.

I've done LL and slim and save, and both times I felt much more rubbish than this time. Not sure why...wonder if it's because this is slightly higher cals and it helps?

Anyway, loving Exante at the mo. I was going to low carb tonight but not feeling the need to so will prob just stick with packs :)

Sparkley, I've done a VLCD a fair few times now :-/ Tried them all lol. None have been as successful as my first time with Lighter Life, but I have had some success with others along the way. Usually fall off the wagon at the 9 week mark, so that's a particular goal this time! With the LL one I was about a stone lighter than I am now and lost 9lb (I think it was). Since then I think I've lost varying amounts of anything between 8 and 11lbs during the first week. I haven't done a VLCD properly for a good couple of years or so now. I just couldn't face it, so hoping that this time I can push forward. My holiday abroad later this year is a huge motivator for me!

You've done really, really well so far with what you've lost. So if week 1 isn't as high this time, the percentage probably will be as you are starting at a lower weight. Plus of course it all depends how much glycogen is lurking lol :) Hope you get a really high loss though to encourage you forward :)

It is very interesting - but frustrating that we all put ourselves through it only to regain and put ourselves through it again! I started Exante July 2013 and struck to it religiously until around Xmas 2013 when I had a break and ate kinda sensibly over Christmas, then it was mine and my OHs birthday in January so had a few treats then. But on the whole stuck to it as was going away end of June so had that goal in mind and worked hard to lose as much as I could before my holiday. By the time I went away I'd lost just over 8 stones and felt great. Once back of holiday I lost some of the motivation and my weight has yoyoed. Still had a couple of stones to lose but weight crept up and then over Xmas and new year I just blew it - knowing I would be back on it in the New Year. I do have renewed motivation - seeing friends in March that last saw me when I was at my lowest so using that as an initial goal. Just annoys me at how easily and quickly it goes on!! x

It is frustrating, I agree.

I have never managed to successfully maintain, but this time WILL be the first time. I know it'll be hard work, but it is possible.

I've also never got past week 2 of a vlcd...ringing the changes in 2015...only 6 more days til I beat that record :)

It's a vicious cycle isn't it :( I've lost weight and put it back on more times than I care to remember.. Why can't we just stick to it for good ?!

Hi all, I'm new to Exante and new to this forum but have been reading since I started on Tuesday. Ive battled with my weight for 4 years and lost a total of 30lb to date using various diets but trying to get the last stone or so off. So far I'm impressed, a sneaky peek on the scales and I'm down 5 lb in 4 days, my lowest weight in 4 years!

Today (day 4) was a bit odd, I had my shake for breakfast 9am, shake for lunch at 1pm but at 6pm when I took my dog for a short walk I went very faint and slightly shaky. once I'd had a bit of Dr pepper zero it subsided. Im wondering if this is to do with my glucose levels?

Hoping I can stick with it and hopefully these forums will help keep be motivated. I do think I'm more motivated than ever right now as I have so far turned down doughnuts, pastries, biscuits and chocolate!

Last edited:
Good luck on your journey...I think it's normal to feel a bit weak and shakey in the first 4-5 days. I did, but feel fine now (day 8)

Hi xmaex, I agree with Dietninja - the drastic reduction in calories does make you feel a bit light headed in those first few days. Once you're in ketosis you will feel better. Last time I felt very energised once in ketosis... can't wait to be back there!

It's a vicious cycle isn't it :( I've lost weight and put it back on more times than I care to remember.. Why can't we just stick to it for good ?!

Me too Smidge! If I had a pound for every pound I've lost over the years I'd be a rich woman!! Lost 10 stones with WW in my 20s, put it all back on at a stone a year over 10 years. During that time I was backwards and forwards to WW, SW and all the rest. Had lots of tests At the hospital as couldn't understand why I gained so easily - I feel I eat 'normally' - enjoy healthy foods, don't like fried food, not particularly got a sweet tooth - but all tests came back normal. Starting Exante was a bit if a last resort and was over the moon it worked for me. It's just keeping it off and participating in real life that's the problem!! x

Maintaining the loss is definitely a huge problem for me. Not sure I can say which VLCD I prefer as they've changed so much over the years. I first did LL in 2005, I think it was, and lost a lot. The details are fuzzy now, but I'm pretty sure I haven't been as slim since. I remember going on holiday and feeling amazing, and fitting all my clothes, etc. When the weight went back on LL was way out of my price range to repeat, so I searched for cheaper and discovered Cambridge. Did that a couple of times with limited success. Only lost a couple of stone. Then I discovered Lipotrim, and liked the idea of going to a pharmacy rather than a Cambridge Counsellor, but again, only had limited success. Then I tried Exante a couple of years ago, and really liked it and did okay'ish. The details are fuzzy though. In between all this I tried SW and WW and healthy eating and calorie counting, etc. lol. None really worked that well for me. VLCD is definitely the diet where I get the most weight off. Life long yo yo dieter. Think I may have accepted I may never win this battle, but each time I lose I have every intention of keeping the weight off. I've been dieting my whole adult life though and I'm 43 in a few months. Who knows what the future will hold :)

My view is that at our heaviest weight it's still a constant battle. At almost 24st I felt that food, dieting, how big I am, how I need to lose, what I should be doing about it etc were always on my mind and I guess that's still the same at goal - our weight and food is always going to be a challenge but better a challenge at a healthy weight than a scary 20-something weight. We'll get there... x

Back