02/01/15 Starters! Whoes with me????? :)

Hi all, it's me back after my first week.
Firstly, thanks for all the welcomes to the board. I have managed to lose 15lbs this week so I'm very happy with that; I know most of that will be water weight, but it's better than putting the same amount of weight back on.
I've been lurking on the board every now and then for motivation, but really on the whole it hasn't been too bad - the week has gone fairly quickly and if I can only do this for about 8 months more I should think the end will be in sight! It really hasn't been bad at all - I am finding it much easier than Cambridge; I think because the packs are larger and more filling.

I managed to burst the zip on my trousers this morning which reminded me, as if a reminder were needed, just why I am doing this! I had to laugh reading the comments about dry cereal; up here there have been a lot of people without electricity this week due to local storms. This one lady was on the TV moaning that she'd had no power for 4 days, and as a consequence all she had been living on was cornflakes mixed with jam. She had tears in her eyes as she relayed this to the news reporter - all I could think was, "lucky b***h! Some Crunchy Nut Cornflakes mixed with jam and baked in a pie shell then smothered in custard would do nicely around now! Haha - I'll go and have a shake instead (like a lot of others, it seems, I become focused on everything food-related when I'm dieting, surrounding myself with cookery books and watching back-to-back cooking progs on TV).

Hope you all have a brilliant week - I'll be back to post next weekend.
Rich :)

So this is goodbye....it's not me, it's you...etc etc

Nah, not really, but I'm not really doing Exante anymore, I'm intermittently fasting with a low carb theme.

So I've decided to make it official by setting up a new diary in the fasting area... I felt SOOO bad just on packs. Horribly lacking in energy and diet obsessed :( I've felt so much better on 1200-1300 low carb the last 2 days, I've been exercising and doing the housework (finally!) and just much more positive.

I'd love to be at goal by Easter on a vlcd, but I don't actually need to be at goal til summer, and that's doable by a slower route.

I'm still going to use packs (I've got loads!) and I'm sort of doing what I'm doing now except my fasting days will be more spread out (at the moment I'm doing 4 at 600 cal followed by 3 at 1200ish, now I'm going to do alternate days at 600)

I totally admire those of you that can keep on with a vlcd on a long term basis, and wish huge amounts of weight loss for you!

I really hope you don't mind me lurking...I love the vibe on this thread, it's so amazing...I just feel like I'm cheating all the time at the mo when actually I'm eating so much better than I was.

Please do pop in and say hi...I'll post the link of my new diary as soon as I've set it up:)

Good luck dietninja we all have to find the diet that works for us to get to where we want to be.

All the best on your diet loss journey I wish I was more like you and doing exercise - walking the dog for 20 mins at moment is my limit - motivation will come when I decide to maintain I hope xx

Good luck dietninja we all have to find the diet that works for us to get to where we want to be. All the best on your diet loss journey I wish I was more like you and doing exercise - walking the dog for 20 mins at moment is my limit - motivation will come when I decide to maintain I hope xx

Thank you and you too :)

Don't stress the exercise...it's much easier when you lose weight so tackle it then :)

Good luck on your new journey ninja!

It's always best to do what suits your body best Dietninja!!! Good luck and defo keep lurking and chatting. You are lovely xxx

All the best DietNinja. I'm gonna try & stick to this for 12 weeks then move to intermittent fasting. It's more realistic long term but for my health I need to shift a couple of stone ASAP.

Well done Rich on week 1 results. Had to giggle. Not a dry cereal snacker but it sounded scrumptious!

I'm starting week 3 tomorrow & going to have to record water intake...realised I had only had 1 litre over last 3 days due to a cold & only a couple of packs. Upping my packs today to kick start immune system.

All the best with your new plan, dnjnja. What works best for us as individuals can be hard to determine but you're already feeling better and more positive so you must be doing something right!

I'm sticking with exante until I have (hopefully) lost another 3 stones. Will take stock at that point. Low carb always works well for me but losses can be very slow and that's when the impatience kicks in along with a few cravings. I can't seem to diet 'sensibly' any more. A loss of one pound every week would be a bit like getting a tooth drawn (yes I exaggerate!). I need to lose at least 2lb per week or I lose heart and start contemplating fasting, starving etc. Daft I know x

Hi all :)

Wobbl - Yay to 15lb off in your first week! Brilliant! Good luck for week 2 :)

Sparkly - Gammon and egg sounds very yummy :) Also a sensible choice if you are in the situation of having to eat out. I'm dreading the first time I will have to do that. So far I'm just being totally anti social and avoiding everything lol. I doubt I can carry on like that long term though, so I think to have a plan is definitely a good idea.

Dietninja - Good luck hun. We have to do what we feel we need to. Each of us has our own threshold for this diet. For me, I know I'm only able to stick to it so well because of the high and dangerous weight I'm at. I need that weight off fast! If I only had a few stones to lose, I don't think I could do it. I am sure you will do fantastically well with your new plan. You are still in the zone ;)

All going well here :) Seem to be plodding along nicely these past 3 days since switching about the times I have my packs. Did have a cheeky weigh in this morning and another 3lb had come off since Fri (official weigh day). Would be so amazing if that stays (and a little more) for week 3. This diet is tough, and so to see the rewards on the scales and feel the rewards in looser clothes is just wonderful :) My 11 year old also said today he can put his arms around me more easily :D

Good luck ninja, will check in on you to see how you're getting on. Will miss you on here!

Well I survived the pub meal. Was glad I did my homework and checked out the menu before going. I'd already decided what I was having and didn't even look at the menu, just ordered. A lovely grilled gammon steak with 2 poached eggs with salad. The chips looked fab but I didn't have any. I had a jug of tap water and drank the whole lot. Mother in law had made a birthday cake and had smothered a chocolate Swiss roll with choc buttercream. I resisted both but watched the family eat it with cream. To be honest I didn't find it too hard and feel good for getting through it without cracking.

Well done Jayne for the 3lb off since Fri - fab progress. Sounds like you are really in the swing of it.

Rich - oh how you made me laugh!! Well done with first week loss, Exante is the best!

Hope everyone has a great week. x

Well done Sparkley. A successful evening indeed :)

You're all doing really well I love to see all the positiveness !
I was really annoyed this morning as on my daily weigh in I managed to put on 1lb?!? I did a bit of research and I think it might be water weight that I have retained from A stock cube I had as a broth yesterday and it was really salty so hoping for that to be gone in the morning!!

Well done jayne, sounds like everything is going in the right direction!

Well handled sparkley, you're a pro at this diet now ;)

Weigh in day today.. 3lb down. Bit disappointed in myself as went to the Harry Potter tour last night and as was my OH Xmas present I treated him to takeaway as well and ended up nibbling 3 chicken wings so my own fault for a slightly lesser loss this week :banghead:

Any who I'm not deterred.. Back on it today for week 3. My sister is visiting from Scotland so there will be lots of attempts to get me to eat dinner, sweets, takeaway etc!! Got to be strong!

Well done jayne, sounds like everything is going in the right direction! Well handled sparkley, you're a pro at this diet now ;) Weigh in day today.. 3lb down. Bit disappointed in myself as went to the Harry Potter tour last night and as was my OH Xmas present I treated him to takeaway as well and ended up nibbling 3 chicken wings so my own fault for a slightly lesser loss this week :banghead: Any who I'm not deterred.. Back on it today for week 3. My sister is visiting from Scotland so there will be lots of attempts to get me to eat dinner, sweets, takeaway etc!! Got to be strong!

In the grand scheme of takeaways and staying in ketosis, three chicken wings was awesome!!!

I think everyone's losses are fab!

I added the tiniest bit of fish to my meal pack last night. It was like heaven!

I have lost 2lbs over the weekend. I think I have settled quite well into this diet x

In the grand scheme of takeaways and staying in ketosis, three chicken wings was awesome!!!

I think everyone's losses are fab!

I added the tiniest bit of fish to my meal pack last night. It was like heaven!

I have lost 2lbs over the weekend. I think I have settled quite well into this diet x

Thanks Isis. I need to stop being so tough on myself!

Glad to hear you're still losing :)

Yeah! Realise how different that was in behaviour to before. You are doing great.

And thank you lovely xxx

Smidge and Isis you are doing great. I'm a bit cheesed off though because when I did a midweek weigh on Friday I was 3lb down on my official weds weigh in. But after my gammon and eggs I was 3lb heavier this morning! I know it can only be water as still ate less then 1000 cals yesterday, but disheartening all the same. Will keep off the scales now until weds and hope it has shifted.

Smidge - 3lb is great for week 2!

Back