02/01/15 Starters! Whoes with me????? :)

Hi everyone,
Need your help! I feel awful, first time I have managed to get on here since Friday. Full of cold, aching all over and generally feel yuck!! I am taking cold and flu tablets every 4 hours, but just feel like eating!!!:sigh: I have had 1 small handful of nuts today, other than that it has been 1 pack! The thought of another pack now is just making me even more depressed than I already am! I too have turned down a lunch invitation tomorrow, partly because of the diet and partly due to feeling ill. To top it all, I only lost 1lb this week!! :(. I am trying to stay positive that it is at least a loss....but it is hard!! xx

Oh poor moisy! So unfair when it happens at half term...boo...

You won't lose much if you're ill, sadly, coz your body will fight it and you'll be retaining water etc. it'll drop off you when you're better though.

Look after yourself babes xxx

Thanks Ninja!
At least if I can explain the lack of weight loss I can live with that!
I have just had a bowl of the vegetable soup and my OH says that my jeans look too big for me (he is lovely, says the right thing at the right time!) so I am not going to eat. I have a chocolate orange bar to look forward to later! :) xxx

Hi all :)

Moisy, stay strong ;) All those pounds will soon add up and you are chipping away at the weight nicely. So hard to stay on track when you are poorly, but grit down and do it! You will thank yourself in the long run :) I hope you feel better soon.

Rich - Well, you know where you've gone wrong, so here's to a better week. If you're really struggling, perhaps look at the Man Plan (which isn't just for men), as you can have some allowed protein each day from a list that Exante provide. Be strict with yourself though. You are doing this for a good reason. Remember why you started and where you want to be in the future. Go for it! (not the cheese of course ;) )

Hi Carrot. Welcome :) Good luck for official weigh in tomorrow. Sounds like you are doing great though. Thanks for the extra info re paleo :)

Hope everyone else is having a fab weekend. All going okay here. Struggled a lot with cravings Fri evening and a little bit yesterday, but all good so far today :)

All good here thanks Dietninja :) How are things with you?

I weighed this morning as just had that feeling over the weekend that I was losing. Was 2.5lb down since Friday's official weigh in. Really hoping I'm having a whoosh week! lol. It may end up being the 3ish again come Fri, but was lovely to see the drop on the scales regardless :) My friend is visiting from Manchester on Thurs and Fri this week, and so going to have to be super controlled and not fall off with eating. We will be out and about a lot and she, her son and my son will obviously all need feeding! My first real test! I am determined to stay on plan!

Hi all, thanks for the helpful comments. Apologies if you know this already, but I have just discovered that with a tiny bit of low fat spray in a hot pan, and using the contents of a gooey choc pud pack made up with water kinda to the consistency of double cream, you can make a delicious chocolate pancake! I just had one for tea (as a trial in anticipation of Shrove Tuesday tomorrow!) and can heartily recommend it ;)
Rich

How are you feeling Moisy? Hope the worst of the lurgy has passed. Nothing like a cold to make you want to stuff your face - well done for staying strong!

I had a testing Sunday with family visiting and a hungover OH who decided to eat his hangover away with four slices of hot buttered toast followed by a full English brekkie on Sunday morning! I resisted all that but did pick at some ham and cheese later in the day. Cheese eh Rich? It's one of my demons too- I can't leave the stuff alone!

Everyone is doing so well. I'm still working in repairing the birthday damage - only another 2lb to lose to be back where I was 2 weeks ago.

I've just ordered the Zoe Harcombe book after reading some very good reviews. Anyone tried her diet?

Hope everyone has had a good Monday - Jayne you are in for a mega loss this week with that start!!

Hope you are okay Isis - let us know what you are up to. X

Hi all, thanks for the helpful comments. Apologies if you know this already, but I have just discovered that with a tiny bit of low fat spray in a hot pan, and using the contents of a gooey choc pud pack made up with water kinda to the consistency of double cream, you can make a delicious chocolate pancake! I just had one for tea (as a trial in anticipation of Shrove Tuesday tomorrow!) and can heartily recommend it ;) Rich

Ooh I say, great experiment Rich. How any did one pack make (I'm greedy).

I just made one normal dinner-plate sized one, but I'm sure you could make them smaller. It was a little thick but that was nice as it meant it was quite moist, and not too dry to eat on its own :)

Ok back on Exante from tomorrow. Not sure how long for, day by day this time. Not trying to control, just going to go with the flow.

Wish me luck! And keep posting on here...I'll need the distraction!

Thanks Rich - I had a free trial packet of the pud and not tried it yet so will have a go at that - sounds delicious!

Yay - welcome back aboard the good ship Exante Ninja! Hope you have a great first day - keep us posted. X

Hi all :)

Wobbl - Great idea :) I'm planning on getting some choc pud with my next order (enough said about the frustrations of that on another post lol). Haven't tried it yet, but will give your version a go :)

Sparkley - Well done on only being a couple of lb away from where you were pre blip. I have a friend who does Harcombe and loves it. From what I hear I do like the idea of it, but I don't really know that much either. I will definitely look into it more once I'm at a lower weight and wanting to lose the last bit in a more conventional way. For now I can only concentrate on this one lol.

Dietninja - Good luck! :)

Excited about delivery of new products! Have tried the cookies and cream bar... DELICIOUS!! Now I can't decide between beef and black bean casserole, lentil Dahl or moussaka for dinner! Decisions decisions! x

Update: went for the new moussaka meal... Jury's out... Had a more mince-like texture than the shepherds pie and made a similar quantity. It was ok, slightly odd seasoning - reminded me of something but I'm not sure what... Not moussaka tho! OH said smell reminded him of school dinners! I ordered 5 to try, not sure I'll be ordering any more. Chilli still my favourite at the moment.

Hope everyone's had a good day. X

Hi everyone,

Hope all going well-great weight loss Jayne and you will soon be on track again Sparkley, I know! :) Welcome back on to the diet Ninja! Hope you are having a good half term!

Feeling a bit better now, just streaming cold but not sickness or achy any more. Cancelled a pre-arranged lunch from months ago to avoid the temptation to eat and met another friend today and had only coffee and water throughout. It was a 5 hour catch-up get together at our local but I was good! I have promised her a proper lunch next school hols!!;)
TOTM at the moment so hoping to see a nice weight loss when that finishes!! xx

Hi all :) Sounds like everyone's doing great! Good day here. Although woke with a sore throat. Haven't had a cold for about 6 months, so definitely due one! My son's been poorly for a few days, so likely caught it from him. TOTM due on Fri. Busy (but hopefully fun) few days coming up. Need to maintain positive attitude and sense of humour, hopefully well aided by pain killers in the day and Night Nurse (capsules - as thought liquid may kick me out of ketosis) at night. Roll on the weekend lol.

Back