02/01/15 Starters! Whoes with me????? :)

Oh no, you're both naughty! lol

Sparkley, I've ordered some of the new sweet n sour noodles and hoping they'll be okay! Quite like the idea of the pots, but not a lover of black bean or lentil dahl :-/ I have however tried some new stuff that I ordered the other day and love the cookies and cream bars and apple crumble and custard packs. I've also found a new love for the peanut bars. I bought the 4 a day ones and they are just the right size for the chewy style bars, which aren't my fave. From the fridge they are even better :) Good luck to your hubby with Harcombe and good luck to you with being back on plan :)

Mousey - Good luck getting back on plan.

As for me, well my halo is shining ;) lol :angel09:Did have a sneaky weigh in this mooring and don't think I'll be having a second whoosh week, but scales were down a little. I'm looking forward to this Friday's weigh in. Hopefully meet my Feb challenge goal (2lb to go), and also get to take my next lot of photos (which I do every 4 weeks) and see the visual changes that are going on. Excited :)

Thanks Jayne, feel better today on TS again so maybe I was under the weather - can I claim TOTM? Good luck for the end of Feb weigh-in :)

Think I might struggle with hitting my Feb target now, sneaky check on the scales today and I've lost all the weight caused by exiting keto plus the weight from the lapse but I'd be amazed if I get a whoosh week and drop another 1.6kg in the next 4 days. Let's see what the scales say on Sunday morning....

Mousey

Tried the sweet n sour noodles today. Yummy! So pleased to have found a few new packs that I really like. It's adding a bit more variety:)

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share something which has really cheered me up! Today, 2 people at work separately asked me if I had lost weight!! :) I was so chuffed, it makes such a difference when people start to notice, doesn't it? Anyway, it made my day.

Sparkley, your post made me laugh, I am not surprised you were tempted by the Indian meal, one of my favs too!

Well done Jayne, you are doing really well. I haven't been on the scales this week yet but I have been ultra good too! Fingers crossed! xx

Yay!!! That's great Moisy. Makes such a big difference when all your efforts are noticed! Hope you have a great weekend x

2lb off for me this week :) Happy with that after last week's loss, having been poorly all week (still am :( ) and AF having just arrived. Onto week 9. Can't quite believe it! lol. Have a fab week everyone :)

I've just placed what could (should??) be my last Exante order

I've got about a weeks worth of shakes at home, and have ordered 50 bars, 10 meals and another 40 shakes. If everything goes to plan that will get me through March and the end of my "Man Plan" journey down to 85kg.

Then it's back to normal food for the "last mile" to lose a couple of kg and get to the mythical BMI <25 or more importantly body fat <21%.

Was quite a strange feeling... Let's see where I am in 5 weeks

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Slightly unrelated but interesting nonetheless- OH lost 7lb in the 5 day phase 1 of Harcombe Diet. He could eat as much protein as he wanted - but not cheese in phase 1. As he is veggie he could have 150g dry weight of brown rice or porridge a day - non veggie is 50g. He only has about 17lb to lose and he can't believe he lost so much... neither can I considering the portions he was having! He's now on phase 2 where he can have as much protein, including cheese, as he wants, cream, butter and other fats. He can eat wholemeal bread, jacket potatoes, brown rice and wholemeal pasta. Only rule is he can't have protein/fat and carb in same meal. Veggies and salad can be eaten with both meal types - so tonight he's planning a veggie chilli with jacket potato. Will be interesting to see what he loses this week.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great weekend.

X

Sparkley, that diet sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? Well done to him! I have lost 2lb this week, haven't made my February target but that seems to be par for the course for me!! I am being so strict on this diet....absolutely determined never to do this again......but feeling a bit weak today :( Never mind, planning on an easy weekend. Good luck to everyone else this week! xx

Sparkley that sounds great. Well done your hubby :) I'm definitely considering Harcombe for losing the last couple of stone or so (post hols). I do still need to read the book and learn more about it though. Might read it on holiday :D How are you getting on?

Mousey - Good luck over the coming 5 weeks. Hope you reach your goals :)

Moisy - Feeling much the same - determined to never do this again! It's pretty miserable really isn't it :-/ I have settled into it, but I think I've more just resigned myself to it. Would prefer not to be doing it for sure!

Well this certainly has been one humdinger of a cold! Am so pleased I have stayed on plan though. Had a few moments where I've desperately wanted to comfort eat. Really missed not being able to take certain remedies as they contain citric acid or sugar, etc. Did succumb to buying some extra Vit C and Zinc tablets this evening as although I know I get everything from the packs, I just felt I needed something else to help me kick this bug. Hopefully nothing in them that will affect ketosis. Don't think so looking at ingredients (got Vit C tablets you swallow as opposed to chew or dissolve). Am currently inhaling Olbas Oil. Lovely. Very soothing :)

Hope everyone's having a good weekend :)

Hope you feel better soon Jayne! I had to take loads of cold/flu tablets a couple of weeks ago when I had mine, but desperately wanted a hot lemon drink to sweat it all out! Can I ask you, are you doing the 'week off'? I haven't been because my weight loss is quite slow as it is.

I was in bed at 9.30 last night, :( just felt so weak and poorly, meant I only had 2 packs but was worried I would succumb to something else. Felt so much better this morning, slept for nearly 11 hours and then went for a nice long walk with my OH and was actually looking forward to having a pack when I got back! I think there are times when it is really difficult to stick to it but worth fighting it to come through the other side. xx

No week off as I'm not doing TS, I'm doing TS Plus, which means I have an extra 100 cals each day of food from an allocated list (on Exante website). It's mostly veggies, as opposed to protein foods, or a portion of choco balls (which is what I usually have) or protein bites. Doing it this way means there is no requirement for me to have a food break.

Glad you felt a bit better this morning, and well done for staying on plan. It will be worth it :) Thankfully been a bit brighter myself today and think I've turned a corner with it all. Meant I've had quite an appetite today, and really wanted 'food' around mid afternoon. Fine now though and stayed on plan :) Have only needed 2 lots of pain killers so far today as well, which is good. Going to dose myself up a bit again shortly though ready for bed.

Hi everyone, I've got a new phone and I keep typing posts then somehow deleting them... So frustrating!

Jayne - you are on a roll lady!! Seems like you have got yourself into the groove and your body is just shedding those pounds! Long may it last!

I've been doing okay thanks. I put on weight over birthday weekend, then lost it. Then put on more when we had family stay over Valentines weekend. So last Monday I weighed 18st 6lbs. This Monday I weighed 17st 10lbs - so that's good. Interestingly I usually fall off the wagon at the weekend but this weekend I tried having a couple of Harcombe diet meals... Saturday breakfast was 3 eggs scrambled in butter with grated cheese, with two slices of ham. Lunch was a bar and dinner was a bowl of OHs homemade veggie chilli. Sunday had a bar for breakfast, scrambled eggs for lunch and chicken in cream with cauliflower cheese for dinner. I lost 1lb over the weekend!! Felt like I ate loads but still lost weight. A bit of a revelation for me as usually as soon as I eat regular food I gain weight - but I guess the food I usually go for is bread, crisps or cereal... Bad carbs.

Will be interesting to see how my OH gets on this week. He is determined not to weigh until Saturday so we'll find out then if this diet is working for him. He is eating a lot but just obeying the rules of no processed food and no mixing carb and protein/fat at the same meal.

I think it's the future for long term management.

Moisy and Mousey - hope you are both doing well and that everyone has survived Monday! Xx

Morning everyone, had another Harcombe diet meal last night... Chicken breast roast in the oven then cut into thick slices and pan fried with cream and bacon with carrot and swede mash made with butter. Tasted delicious and I've lost another pound on the scales this morning taking me to my lowest weight so far this year. All the birthday gain gone now!

Seems too good to be true. At the moment I am still doing Exante but swapping a pack for a Harcombe meal a few times a week. Makes it more enjoyable and the weight is still coming off. Want to gradually move onto Harcombe but worry the volume of food will create a gain. Am going to wait and see how my OH gets on when he weighs this Saturday. Yesterday he had big bowl of porridge for breakfast, jacket potato with veggie chilli and cottage cheese with salad for lunch and cauliflower cheese with swede and carrot mash made with butter and a salmon steak for dinner followed by strawberries and cream!!

You can certainly eat a lot on Harcombe as long as you follow the rules.

Will let you all know how he gets on at weigh in - he is paranoid he'll have gained because of the amount he is eating... We'll see.

Hope everyone's week is going well... Wednesday again already! Xx

Wow this harcombe diet sounds amazing and delicious. Am definitely interested to see how you OH gets on with his WI
I am also looking for something to move onto when I get to goal for maintenance so could be an option x

I know slimwannabe - it does seem too good to be true! Last night hubby made a huge casserole dish full of veggie curry, I had some with chicken breast and again am down on the scales this morning. He had his with brown rice - a really big plateful. He says he doesn't feel like he's lost any weight this week and judging by the amount he's eating I can't see how he will have, BUT... He is following he rules of the diet so we shall see.

Definitely an option for long term weight management I think. I'm still trying to lose the 3.5 stones I put back on since my lowest weight last June. Have lost 20lbs of this but still 2 stines to go. And then another 2 after that to get to my goal weight. The Harcombe plan is all about long term and it not being the kind of diet that you finish and then put weight back on. It's a long term eating plan - the only difference between being on the diet and maintaining is adding in a few treats and cheats.

Will report back in Saturday after OHs weigh in!!

Hope you're doing ok x

Really does sound amazing sparkley. Shall have to do some reading up on this harcombe diet and am very much looking forward to seeing if you oh has a weight loss. Can't believe you're managing to eat sometimes as still lose weight? I'm on day 5 of ts'ing. STS this morning :( I know I shouldn't weigh daily but always like to just for the 1st week as helps to keep me focused. Am off to the gym today as had a programme done for me this week. Am hoping the exercise will help with my measurements going down! Wishing your oh all the best for his wi on sat xx

Forgot to say well done you more importantly on your losses so far so keep it up xxx

All sounds wonderful Sparkley, and very delicious! :) It's a diet I will be seriously considering once I'm done with Exante. Well done on your weight loss too :D The days are flying past aren't they. I have my week 9 weigh in tomorrow morning!

Back