1/2 Syn Fruit Roulade!!

julie19

Silver Member
I found this on the puddings section on Friday, made it & it was GORGEOUS so I thought I would bump it to here - I can't find the original thread. I actually added a choc options sachet to the mixture to make a chocolate roulade but it was still only 2.5 for the whole cake (which is massive by the way)

Originally Posted by Mindy
FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

a lady from my group made this roulade and fetched it in it was gorgeous.

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING. WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL LOL I THOUGHT IT HAD GONE WRONG FIRST TIME I MADE IT BUT WAS LOVELY.

ENJOY

Can't wait to try this one! you can't go wrong for only 1/2 a syn!

Mine's in the oven now & aldready smells GORGEOUS!!!!

Well this was soooooooooo good!! It actually tasted like a cake which for me was great! I am going to make another one this afternoon with my little girl :D

Last edited:
yum im going to make this one for sure but im going to use greek yoghurt as im not keen on quark as a cream subsitute xx thanks for the inspiration

I mad ethis cake again but forgot to put the baking powder in and it worked out just the same so if you dont add it its actually sin free cake and beautiful!

I tried this on Saturday and I was very impressed. It satisfied my sweet cravings pretty well! A couple of my friends tried it and were quite complimentary although my brother wasn't as impressed (he eats lots of biscuits and cakes so it was a poor substitute for him!)

The only thing I found was that I didn't think half a tub of quark was enough for the filling so I padded it out with a tub of mullerlite yogurt. I'll buy an extra tub of quark next time I think - I'll definitely be making it again. We've got a food tasting in class in a few weeks and I think this will go down very well.

yeah i added a muller to the quark aswell! also i added the options chocolate to the mixture and used a toffee muller with chopped banana filling n it wa scrummy!!

Wow that sounds awesome. I think I might start a shopping list for the weekend.

Back