1/2 Syn Fruit Roulade!!

I found this on the puddings section on Friday, made it & it was GORGEOUS so I thought I would bump it to here - I can't find the original thread. I actually added a choc options sachet to the mixture to make a chocolate roulade but it was still only 2.5 for the whole cake (which is massive by the way)

Originally Posted by Mindy
FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

a lady from my group made this roulade and fetched it in it was gorgeous.

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING. WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL LOL I THOUGHT IT HAD GONE WRONG FIRST TIME I MADE IT BUT WAS LOVELY.

ENJOY

I have just tried making this and the base was rank and tasted really eggy. Other than adding more sweetner how can i make it taste less eggy please?

yummy that sounds delicious. i wonder if i could put syn free lemon curd as a filling instead. hmmm might have to try. thank you

YUM!

I started slimming world 2 years ago, but after a bit of a difficult year last year I started again properly in January, so am sticking to the book! Just made one of these and it is beautiful (if I don't say so myself!) Put cherries, blueberries and strawberries in the filling! If you haven't tried making this do! I will be making one a week for the foreseeable future! :)

Made this today and it was lovely. I filled it with quark mixed with fromage frais and sweetener. I chopped up strawberries and added raspberries and blackberries too. I ate loads and felt absolutely stuffed, it's brilliant. Hubby said the sponge was a bit odd but tasted OK. Mmmmmm yummy :)

Thanks, this recipe was just amazing!

Attachments

• roulade half syn 002.jpg
    roulade half syn 002.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 422
  • roulade half syn 001.jpg
    roulade half syn 001.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 305
I couldn't imagine what this looked like as haven't made it yet but after seeing your pics Lucia Lucia I'll definitely need to be giving it a go.

Here's my recent blueberry one - and I made it again today!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-1323908078.jpg
    image-1323908078.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 245
I'm going to have a play with this recipe today and see if I can turn it into waffle batter to use in my waffle iron. *fingers crossed*

Put a smidge more baking powder in today and its rising ALOT! They were big eggs though as our own chooks.

Going to do mango and raspberry today and try it out on MIL tonight and see what she says without me saying it's slimming!

I got sweet scrambled egg on the first try, I need to strengthen the mix somehow. If they were savoury waffles I would use mashed potato, lol

*ponders*

What about soaked oats or maybe just oats as in miracle pancakes. Have no idea if it'll work though :eek:.

Soaked oats might work, I've turned them into mcmuffin type things before and they're pretty sturdy. Good idea! Will see if the chickens give me more eggs tomorrow :)

Let us know. I've just had miracle pancakes as I'd not had time for breakfast this morning and that's what made me think of it. Good luck x

I made double the mix for the roulade and made it into a cake. Put natural fromage frais in the middle and then mixed quark and Belgian choc options sachet to make the topping. 3 syns for the whole cake!!!

The four and a half syn roulade!

Added a philly choc before rolling up was devine!

Attachments

• half syn roulade rasp and choc! 001.jpg
    half syn roulade rasp and choc! 001.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 444
  • half syn roulade rasp and choc! 002.jpg
    half syn roulade rasp and choc! 002.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 388
Can you use a normal baking tray for this? I havent got a swiss roll tin :(

Is it best to bake it in grease proof paper to make it easier to roll?

Yes, good non stick swiss roll tin with a piece of greasproof on the bottom, dont bother with sides.

Back