1/2 Syn Fruit Roulade!!

Lucia Lucia said:
Yes, good non stick swiss roll tin with a piece of greasproof on the bottom, dont bother with sides.

I havent got one thats why im asking if u can just use a normal baking tray, one with sides maybe??

As you know Roziee I had all but given up with SW puds but this really is amazing! Make sure you really whisk the egg whites up well with an electric whisk.

If it has a side to it, it will be fine x

I'm going to try adding lemon flavouring and zest and doing a tray bake type "cake" and drizzle with a couple of teaspoons of water icing.

I made this today and added 5tbsp of cocoa powder and a tsp of baking powder do 5.5 syns for the whole thing . It served 8 rolled up with quark mixed with vanilla essence & sweetener plus strawberries & blueberries !! Spectacular so I syned it a 1 syn a slice , gorgeous !! You could serve it to anyone and they would never think it was a slimming recipe !!
Next time were not sharing it's me & BF's !!!!!

I've made and eaten this now. A definate thumbs up from me.

Twinkle314 said:
I've made and eaten this now. A definate thumbs up from me.

I'm making it again today and going to do double and freeze half !! Arctic roll maybe ???

wow, so gonna try this one, sounds amazing!

I made this yesterday and guess what? forgot to add the sweetner. Only I could do that lol!! The filling was quite sweet though so everyone still liked it :)

I'm beginning to thinks it's something to do with people's taste buds. I've seen comments on other things about an eggy taste but I never notice it at all, unless, of course, it is eggs I'm cooking:)

I made this tonight in a cake format with a thin layer of strawberry jam 2syns worth in the middle... I cut it into 8 so about 1/4 syn per slice! I loaded it with strawberries, raspberries & blackberries!!! Yum!!! :)

I made this for my Mum the other day and she loved it, she said it tasted like arctic roll lol! I'm having a tea party Sunday for my Mum and MIL and will be making it again, might try adding some options this time :)

This is now added to my list of must try recipes - which is getting VERY long! My problem is going to be getting hold of Quark - did anyone ever try it with the fat free yoghurt instead of quark??

Thanks for the recipe though - yum yum!

For those that said its eggy, I found if you whisk the egg whites until they are completely stiff - like for a merigue, it reduces that flavour, plenty of sweetener and I use 1 sachet of options white hot choc and it tastes amazing :)

Hi all, I've just bought all the ingredients and really looking forward to make this roulade tonight but just realised i don't have a Swiss roll tin! I do however have a baking tray that is 15mm(3/4 inch) deep. Do you think I could use this instead? Thanks in advance x

Back