1/2 Syn Fruit Roulade!!

sunshine24 said:
Hi all, I've just bought all the ingredients and really looking forward to make this roulade tonight but just realised i don't have a Swiss roll tin! I do however have a baking tray that is 15mm(3/4 inch) deep. Do you think I could use this instead? Thanks in advance x

I just use a baking tray - it'll be fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks, I just made it with the baking tray as you said and it turned out fine. Too late to eat any so will taste test tomorrow!

Just made this 'cake' and it smelled lovely, looked perfect, rolled beautifully, however, I'm sorry to say that it's disgusting! I spat it out and put it in the bin, not a fan of quark or sweetner in cooking but thought I would give cooking a 'cake' one last try. It's safe to say that it was like over an over sweet eggy pancake, it doesn't matter how you dress it, fill it spruce it up it tastes vile and frankly I'd rather use something with flour in and syn it. Really wanted it to be yummy an feel very disappointed, much happier to have French toast or a mirangue(3) to cap my sweet craving! Big let down :(

Just made this for 1st time, added white choc options & blueberries to quark filling. Didn't expect to like it but its yummy :)

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    255.3 KB · Views: 357
I made this and it was really nice but then wrapped it in foil and have found it went really soggy and the "sponge" felt wet... what have i done wrong?

kitty75 said:
I made this and it was really nice but then wrapped it in foil and have found it went really soggy and the "sponge" felt wet... what have i done wrong?

I never cover it. I just stick it in the fridge uncovered - you could try that next time?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just made this, it went down a storm. Even my very fussy daughter, who won't eat anything"weird" asked for seconds! I added a tbsp of nutella to the quark n also added fresh raspberries. Think this will now become a regular pudding in our house. :)

Just made this as desperate for something sweet and naughty today.
Filled with chopped strawberries yum

Attachments

• image-3141116991.jpg
    image-3141116991.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 351
SW baking 001.jpgSW baking 002.jpgSW baking 003.jpgSW baking 004.jpg

Made my 1st ever roulade tonight!! Delicious!!

I don't like the taste of sweetener so used 1tbsp of Tate & Lyle half sugar/half Stevia in the cake with vanilla extract and 1 tsp of the same mixed in with the Quark & vanilla extract in the filling. Sliced fresh strawberries inside the cake and a portion on the side with a few grapes.

I LOVE this recipe, I made it for my groups taster last week and it went down an absolute storm!

Just made this for a dessert later and tried the end, amazing! I did chocolate and banana filling and used a sachet of options so 3 syns in total. Think this is gonna be a regular thing!

I made this today and it was DELISSSSSSSSH!!!! :D ...it didnt last long either! Tee hee x

I have GOT to make this cake!

Doooooiiiiiiittttt!! :) you wont regret it xx

BOBTHEBLOB said:
hi, what's quark?

It's a very low fat cream cheese. I usually find it in supermarkets near cottage cheese or Philadelphia type products.

It's very useful for savoury & sweet dishes.

Back