Extra Easy 1/3 super free

I think I will be having rice so I better add more veg !! Thank you for your help :) xx

kingleds said:
Oh hun - i'm really sorry i sounded like that - a smily goes a long way & sometimes i forget to add one. Was def not trying to have a go.

Your tandoori cod sounds lovely - just bought some cod so may try that!

:)

Was lovely - just marinate the cod for at least 4 hours or if can longer in 150ml Fat free natural yogurt, 2 crushed garlic cloves, juice of 1 lemon and 1 tbsp of Tandoori curry spice then grill until cooked xxxx

Great Question. I have been doing SW for just over 10 weeks now.
It was only 4 weeks or so ago, that it clicked with me that the point of 1/3 superfree was to restrict the amount of Free foods on the plate.

So I do try my best to acheive this. I was thinking that as I get nearer my Target, depending on how the losses are going I will probably get smaller plates.

What I would suggest in those unsuitable for veg/salad on the plate options is either a small side salad, or indeed a small fruit salad in addition to the main meal.

We're all different of course but I am awar of some people at group (the group I attend) who follow extra easy and do not lose. I suspect they pay it lip-service rather than follow it to the letter. One person "doesn't do fruit and veg" - not sure exactly whether that is extra easy or just a free-for-all lol.

Emmamb said:
You can use the superfree for desert aswel eg if ur main meal doesn't have any/much superfree then have a fruit salad after x it's 1/3 superfree per meal not per course xx

I do this quite often at work for lunch. Nobody believes I'm on a diet lol
Last time I was on Sw I didn't do the 1/3 of the plate as tbh I didn't understand it but then it was explained to me by the leader this time so I'm hoping it will aid my losses more.

Can superfree be any type of veg or salad ie tinned toms and tinned peas corn etc??

It must be free on both red and green.
So tinned tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers etc all fine.
Peas, sweetcorn, beans, parsnips etc not superfree - they are not free on red.

I try to have a side salad with Lunch and Dinner such as lettuce and cucumber. I also top my weetabix with mango or bananas. I think it makes a lot of sense, helps with your 5 a day!

Liv xx

I tend to try to include the 1/3 superfree on the plate, but I don't always fancy it. Take yesterday...I had bacon with fried eggs on toast. Now I know I could have had mushrooms and/or tomatoes with that and it would have been nice, but I needed to keep my mushrooms for dinner on saturday and spag bol today and didn't want to go shopping again just for more mushrooms! :) So instead I made sure that I only had SF for breakast, and loads with my supper and I figure then that a third of my daily intake was superfree. It's never caused a problem for me in the past :)

After doing red n green for years and then coming back I sometimes struggle to get this in my head. However this weekend have really made sure with every meal, for me it's just because I have done it before and I think having the little side salad or fruit is a good idea especially if ur having something like egg on toast I wouldn't want to just cook mushrooms for the sake of it. But would have some fruit instead I do need to keep my eye on this I bet it easy to miss it out and I doubt losses would be as good !!! Boo hoo

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

dudette2001uk said:
I tend to try to include the 1/3 superfree on the plate, but I don't always fancy it. Take yesterday...I had bacon with fried eggs on toast. Now I know I could have had mushrooms and/or tomatoes with that and it would have been nice, but I needed to keep my mushrooms for dinner on saturday and spag bol today and didn't want to go shopping again just for more mushrooms! :) So instead I made sure that I only had SF for breakast, and loads with my supper and I figure then that a third of my daily intake was superfree. It's never caused a problem for me in the past :)

Ditto mushroom issue lol lol

dudette2001uk said:

Ditto mushroom issue lol

Ditto mushroom issue dudette

if the recipes doesnt say anything about salad or veg as a side does that mean its included in the actually recipe? such as the pot, spinich and chicken curry?

Sorry for all those phone said it hadn't sent :-(

I usually manage the 1/3 superfree with each meal - tho if i don't have anything suitable to go with a meal just for example .... ran out of salad to go with my pasta dish - i might have a fruit starter, like some melon, or a couple of chopped apples while i'm preparing the meal - I find that fills a corner so i tend to have a smaller portion as a meal :)

Butterfly7686 said:
if the recipes doesnt say anything about salad or veg as a side does that mean its included in the actually recipe? such as the pot, spinich and chicken curry?

As a general rule yes, but I add more veg to that curry just to be on the safe side.

Just out of interest does anyone know the science behind the 1/3 super free? Does it have something to do with speeding up the metabolism or is it purely to fill up on healthy low calorie foods so you don't snack between meals? Id be really interested to find out :)

Just out of interest does anyone know the science behind the 1/3 super free? Does it have something to do with speeding up the metabolism or is it purely to fill up on healthy low calorie foods so you don't snack between meals? Id be really interested to find out :)

It's just to fill you up so you don't eat as much denser foods like meat & potatoes so you're full but eating less cals. It also keeps you full so you don't always need to snack between meals.

this thread has been very interesting and helpful.

I have to admit as i like to cook from fresh when i can i had to go out today to buy more veg!!
I do however try to have fruit as afters so my meal is a third super free. I try to use third sf on mains but find it not always easy to judge and would rather have too much than not enough.

xx

Back