1/3 superfree rule interpretation - anyone know definitively?

Course it is! The SS soup was in the book I got form SW when I last did it about 8 years ago!

Whats the difference? It's all going in our mouths! :confused:

This was what I was thinking - my tummy wouldn't know whether the veg was on the side or cooked in the meal (I accept salad is different!).

Even more veg on a green day seems a cruel punishment - I've not been told to do that...

Our leader tells us to 'whizz up' superfree foods to have as soup before our meals if we were ever to be worried about the 1/3rd rule.

Yes ok thats a seperate 1/3rd but it could be just as easily in the meal I think. I make a tomato sauce in bulk with celery, carrot, red pepper etc and that goes on all my spag boll's etc just so I know that they are in there somewhere, ok I usually have a side saled too but imo you are right.

And look at the evidence - Your weight loss is amazing!!!!!!!!!!

xx

ooooh i do love a healthy debate, i have just txt'd my group leader who said it doesn't matter if you have it mixed in with your meal as long as you're eating it & i suppose ur meant to eat it first so you don't consume so much of the rest of the meal :rolleyes: with regards to adding it to ur food if i am having bolognese i add it late so it still has a bite to it . i have never heard of the 1/3 superfree with green or red (which i do mostly cause i struggle to have the 1/3rd superfree with ee ) i should have asked my leader about that as well mmmm think another txt'd is in order ................:confused:

Course it is! The SS soup was in the book I got form SW when I last did it about 8 years ago!

Really? I am a newbie in relation so not seen that before!!!

Mind you, Quorn sausages were all free 8 years ago too ,so things do change

Again, playing devils advocate!!!

I personalyl reckon that unless you are struggling to loose don't worry too much about it. If and when that happens the advice is always to up your superfree anyway!!!

Some consistency of advice would be useful though me thinks.

Who's emailing SW then?

Really? I am a newbie in relation so not seen that before!!!

Mind you, Quorn sausages were all free 8 years ago too ,so things do change

Again, playing devils advocate!!!

I personalyl reckon that unless you are struggling to loose don't worry too much about it. If and when that happens the advice is always to up your superfree anyway!!!

Some consistency of advice would be useful though me thinks.

Who's emailing SW then?

You are! :D

Can I hijack this the thread for a min and ask you gorgeous ladies how the heck you get them thingy's on the bottom of the posties?!?!?!?

x

Lucylu79 said:
Can I hijack this the thread for a min and ask you gorgeous ladies how the heck you get them thingy's on the bottom of the posties?!?!?!?

x

If you mean the stickers there's a thread on that (or you can just copy from someone else's and paste into your sig)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

We were told by our first C that spag Bol wasn't enough veg and to have a side salad with it (she also pointed put the blurry picture of a salad in the background in the new members pack).

She doesn't know how we cook spag Bol!! Last one we did had about 6 tins if tomatoes, passata, 2 aubergines, 3 courgettes, an onion, broad beans, peas, beans of all sorts etc. Ok so not all of it is SF but most was and it lasted a couple of meals. So we DON'T have a side salad.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think it does depend on how much veg you really put in. In a stew it's easy to have half veg, but then add potatoes and it's not half...is it still 1/3?

If you have a big pile of spaghetti it would be hard to judge the 1/3 as spaghetti is the major part of the meal.
Even cottage pie is tricky as it depends how much potato you chuck on top!

I read somewhere that eating an apple 20 minutes before every meal will help you lose weight, I might try that lol

My bolognaise counts as 1/3 superfree.. I make sure it does :D Creative use of grated carrot, plenty of onion etc. I also normally have it with a piddly HEB of wholemeal pasta on a RD lol

The quorn sausages have changed because the formulation has changed, same as the no-longer-free Mullers. I doubt veggies have changed their formulation in the past 8 years ;)

joclairey said:
My bolognaise counts as 1/3 superfree.. I make sure it does :D Creative use of grated carrot, plenty of onion etc. I also normally have it with a piddly HEB of wholemeal pasta on a RD lol

The quorn sausages have changed because the formulation has changed, same as the no-longer-free Mullers. I doubt veggies have changed their formulation in the past 8 years ;)

Oo i don't know - if you listen to the daily
Mail nothings like it used to be - i reckon they include fruit & veg in that as well :)

Haha :D

In my day oranges contained more fibre and less vitamin c. Fruit these days eh ;)

Did you email slimming world and have you had a reply. If you need to add a third superfree as well as everything you've already added to spag bol or soup then they need to change the website.

On there they've got the following for dinner -
egg chips and beans
stew
chicken curry

I could go on and on cos there are a lot of recipes on there that don't have a seperate third.

But like someone has already said if what you're doing already is working then carry on :)

In the 100 extra easy days book there is a breakfast that was something like kippers on toast. I distinctly remember saying to mum as I flicked through it 'how if that extra easy.. there is no fruit or veg'. I must look for it next time I'm down mum's - she bought the book :)

I lost over 6st in less than 9 months. I found the best way to get around this 1/3 rule was to have a side-salad or side veggies with every meal.

Exceptions being, vegetable soup, casserole(s) and fruit salads. - they are essentially virtually all superfree anyway.

It is rather difficult to have superfree with breakfast, but fruit can be added to cereal or eaten with other others.

I think it is just SW's way of filling the plate with nothingness lol.

I can't find an email address to contact them! I want to know for sure, and if nothing else highlight to them the massive inconsistency of approach!:mad:

Stackhead - I already put a stick of raw celery in my soup - i thought everyone did ;)

Back