1 DD and one UP day under my belt

10.8? That's ace. Lucky you.

Feeling a bit down, trainers scales showed sts (always differ a pound or two from mine).

No idea what I'm doing-fed up

G x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm gonna be good today.

Have a big off day tomorrow (going to Girls Day Out) with friends.

Quite a busy weekend ahead with panto, Fayre, birthday party etc.

I'm going to have to up my running speeds, it's the only thing that I've not done yet (cos I'm still trying to keep my mileage up for my stupid NY resolution).

That's my plan

G x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well done you.

Currently contemplating whether to do an extra run tonight, but would be 3rd run today-to allow me a shorter on in morning

Oh bummer, can they just do that? Is it from tomorrow your working weekend starts?

Run over-very lazy 2.5 miles

G x

Part of life as a nanny :-( I got home at 8 and have pigged out so cross with myself .

Mostly I love my job but get frustrated when work takes over my life .

I am at work tomorrow at 8 30 until 1 pm Sunday but don't really mind the girls are good and enjoy being with them ( and the money is good )

JUST recovered.

Was such a laugh. Ended up in pub by 7pm and despite drinking all sorts of freebies and cocktails we still finished a whole bottle of pinky vodka.
Sooo bad but good giggle.
Today I've had a full breakfast and a Chinese and i didn't run (first time in 8 weeks that I missed a day). Still pondering it actually.

Tom I have a busy day-kids party 10-12, panto at 1pm, then a wee wander around George Sq in Glasgow to see the lights, and out for dinner.
10.7 looking like a distant dream.

Hope your working weekend going good.

G x

Sounds like a great time .

Just had my down day dinner ( Tom and red pepper soup and actifry chips ) was delicious . Feeling really proud of myself for this second weekend with a down day . Really didn't feel like doing it today but pleased that I have .

Sounds like you have been busy

Fantastic. You will hit that target this week.

Send me your secret pleeeeaaaassseee?

No idea what fecking diet I am on!

G x

LOL

The weird thing is that the weeks I have exercised less I have lost more which i find a bit scary !! Especially as this week I am supposed to step up my running to 5 days a week in preperation for marathon training !!

For me the following things have happened the times i have lost most

1) Eating all 500 DD calories (i tried just doing fluids and although i felt fine i stopped losing
2)Not counting on UP days and just enjoying it. Except foe one day I have never counted calories on up days as it would drive me nuts but i did try to cut back and do SW (disaster for me !! felt deprived and hungry so then made DD hard )
3) Strict alternate days, I would not want to do this permanently as hate doing DD on the weekend BUT if i want to kick start the weight loss I would do 2 weeks of alternates again ... I am on day 11 of 2 weeks now :)

What didn't work
1) 5 to 5 (i can do as much eating before 5 pm as most people in the evening, evenings are easy for me to fast) so I overate.
2) Fasting completley accept fluids on DD

I was in total shock this morning and even thought i had misread it so went back again . I have always said i would be really happy at 10 st 7 but find judddd so easy I now want to try and get to 9 13 !!! But that will probably take me all of next year LOL

It is going to be very interesting to see what happens as i increase my running miles. The only time I have ever got below 10 st 7 in last 10 years is when i was at the peak of my marathon training (40 mile weeks) and then the hunger kicks in and I eat for england and end up gainign even though i am training hard !

My hope is that after my holiday I can lose any weight i gain and then losing a few more pounds befor the mileage gets scarily high. Then cut back to 2 fasting days a week

Have a good day

T x

I can't do an UD and NOT count cals as I do go completely overboard. I did that week 2 and thats when it all went to pot for me.

It is interesting re exercise and weight loss. I found (several months ago) when I was ccounting and upped my daily cals to 1400 instead of 1200 I lost more-even though I had run less that week. It totally baffled me then, but does tie in with what you are saying.

I'm not sure what I should do going forward. Realistically I can do 2 weeks (have a night out on saturday which will include drink-but tempted to cancel it actually), before I have any more Christmas stuff going on. On 15th Ian and I are away for the night so that could be my target. When I got to 10.9 the other week-I was really just not feeling like eating. Girls had both been sick, and I think I caught the tail end of it-and it was just so easy to have soup as nothing had much taste-I wish I was like that all the time-some folk are!

I've even been looking at lipo sites-its only a few pounds-why does it have to be so difficult. I already know I'm gonna look back at myself in say 20 years time and wonder what I was so bothered about.

G x

Ok I am going to go out on a limb a bit here and suggest that maybe that week where it went wrong wasn't because you didn't count it was just one of those weird things that happen with diets . I would try it again for a couple of weeks and really see what happens, becuase when you count on up days you get panic stricken when you go over or even close to what you think you should have and start punishing yourself with several down days that then make it really difficult to sustain and you get yourself all in a muddle. You have been struggling most while you have experimented with lots of different ways of doing it, how about going back to basics and as much as possible do alternate days (you can still count on up days but i really think psychologically you would be better if you didn't) I eat loads especially chocolate (ultimately i want to work on healthier eating on up days but can figure that out when maintaining) .

Now i know you are busy and strict alternates won't fit into your schedule but work them out around your days/evenings out and don't punish yourself with low calories if you end up doing multiple alternates. Almost very single person i read about on this board who is not doing well has dabbled with DDD it works in the short time but not in the long. I know your trainer says that it all comes down to calories in and calories out and i know all the theory behind that but this diet is different if you allow it to do it's job. I don't think you can take just one weeks weigh in and think it is not working i think you have to really committ to what you are doing and then enjoy it and let it do it's job.

Yikes that sounds a bit like a rant and don't mean it to be, i think i am like a born again christian or an ex smoker I want everyone to think like me as I have never been so calm and relaxed about eating ever !!!

I am confident that you can get to the weight you want to be and as you say it is only a few pounds what does it matter if you get there next week or next month really ??? you can do it

:)

Back