1 Hitchhiker gone, one more still hanging on, but not for long!!

Those pictures are amazing! There are some that compare the pound of fat to the pound of muscle floating around somewhere too. ... makes you realise how exercise shows weight loss but loses inches :)

I saw that picture and used to have it, not sure where it went though, hmm need to find it, I used to love exercise till I had a fall last year, finding it difficult to get back into it at the moment, but I will and that's for sure, it's a bit hit and miss right now, was doing ok until I got another chest infection at the weekend grrrr but as soon as this one's gone I am going to concentrate on the exercise.
I measured myself the other day OMG I know I've lost over 12st but that's old hat now lol need to lose a few more stone, but the inches are astounding!!

First taken 05/10/11- Last taken10/07/13- Now09/02/15
Waist.......... 59" 49" 44.5"
Bust............ 61" 55" 51.5"
Left Arm......19" 16" 15.5"
Right Arm....20" 15" 15"
Left Leg........33" 27.5" 24.5"
Right Leg......33.5" 29" 25"
Hips..............73" 55" 49"
Left Calf........26" 18" 17"
Right Calf.....26" 17" 16.5"
Neck............24" 19" 16"

Total Inches Lost = 100" :wow: I am so excited by that , here's to more inches lost in the near future too lol

Hope you're keeping well, everyone have a good day/evening xxx:hug99:xxx

Thanks lily
Yea that sure does bring it home , I'd lost 100lb before I started wavering again, and it's also brought it home how much I've put back on , seeing it rather than it just being a number is shocking

The pictures are frightening aren't they, it's one thing seeing the numbers, quite a different thing seeing the pictures, especially the 100lb one....I can't believe my body held even one of those 100lbs let alone nearly 3 of them overweight OMG it's the best deterrent I know to make sure I never gain them again....I used to have them pinned to my cupboard door in the kitchen and only removed them when we started decorating, once we are finished they will be going back up, only laminated this time....I also used to print out sheets of the single 1lb of fat and mark them off as I lost each week, they too will be going back up for sure, I did so much better when they were staring me in the face every day x

Anyways time for me to go to bed, catch you soon hun, :nightf: everyone and sweet dreams xxx:hug99:xxx

The pictures are frightening aren't they, it's one thing seeing the numbers, quite a different thing seeing the pictures, especially the 100lb one....I can't believe my body held even one of those 100lbs let alone nearly 3 of them overweight OMG it's the best deterrent I know to make sure I never gain them again....I used to have them pinned to my cupboard door in the kitchen and only removed them when we started decorating, once we are finished they will be going back up, only laminated this time....I also used to print out sheets of the single 1lb of fat and mark them off as I lost each week, they too will be going back up for sure, I did so much better when they were staring me in the face every day x Anyways time for me to go to bed, catch you soon hun, :nightf: everyone and sweet dreams xxx:hug99:xxx

I know what you mean bout having a visual aid to the weight loss , I used to have similar stuck on my wardrobe door, it was a chart with 1 lb 's on and I'd put a star on them as I lost each one, it really did motivate me to carry on to achieve a star or 2 each week , seems childish but if it helps it's worth it,
Maybe I should think of making something else to start next week , just not sure what to create

hello xx has taken me a little while to find you but i knew you would be here somewhere :)
I see a sleepless night coming on while i catch up x seems like you have had a bit of a rough time but as always have bounced back.

I set back off and am currently confident i can do this and as always you inspire me x I too have a wedding on the horizon and have no intention of hiding myself away, i want to be the proud mother of the bride , I also have a graduation to attend next year and want to do that with pride.

catch up with you soon xxx

I know what you mean bout having a visual aid to the weight loss , I used to have similar stuck on my wardrobe door, it was a chart with 1 lb 's on and I'd put a star on them as I lost each one, it really did motivate me to carry on to achieve a star or 2 each week , seems childish but if it helps it's worth it,
Maybe I should think of making something else to start next week , just not sure what to create

Hi Von, I' happy to do anything that will help with weight loss, it may be childish but if it works and I does seem to do the trick I am definitely going to make another lot and put them up as soon as we have decorated ...I am sick of this weight now, it's got to go and can't go fast enough for me.
Hope you are keeping well hun, speak soon xxx:hug99:xxx

hello xx has taken me a little while to find you but i knew you would be here somewhere :)
I see a sleepless night coming on while i catch up x seems like you have had a bit of a rough time but as always have bounced back.

I set back off and am currently confident i can do this and as always you inspire me x I too have a wedding on the horizon and have no intention of hiding myself away, i want to be the proud mother of the bride , I also have a graduation to attend next year and want to do that with pride.

catch up with you soon xxx

Hiya Mandy, how well you know me, I made my way back here a few weeks ago, I need the structure this site gives me and the support too.
My life is one tough time after another one hun, but I will not lie down and give in they are going to have to shoot me first lol I am sure you will look amazing at the wedding and graduation, your Kids will be even more proud of you than they already are and Mike too
I know we can both do it hun, we are still tough nuts and we have a proper goal too so lets get on with it...we have a way to go yet lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Arrrrrggggggghhhhhhh just wrote out a big long message only to have it deleted ...I am too tired to rewrite it so I am off to my bed and I'll come back and do it tomorrow, ttfn :nightf: xxx:hug99:xxx

Arrrrrggggggghhhhhhh just wrote out a big long message only to have it deleted ...I am too tired to rewrite it so I am off to my bed and I'll come back and do it tomorrow, ttfn :nightf: xxx:hug99:xxx

How annoying grrrrrr
Xxx

Sent from Yvonne's iPhone

Hi ladies, Von I was so very peed off and way to tired to rewrite it lol, I hate when that happens xx

Mandy so good to see you back and posting, have popped by to have a read and subscribe to your new diary, we will do this hun we have great goals to aim for xxx:hug99:xxx

New to the site. Just a quick hello and to let you know how inspiring your thread is :)

Hello Stripey and :welcome: , thank you hun, still got a very long way to go but I am determined to reach my target no matter how long it takes xxx

Right the message I tried to type the tonight which got lost was about my weigh in and the new Mal god know what happened to the old one but this one is great lol
I had the week well actually fortnight,I had the chest infection which was awful and I tend to only want Heinz soup and ice cream ...but on top of that been gong through a really rough time in my marriage too, so sat down with mal had long talk and this time it's make or break, I am very tactile, Mal is a cold fish, anyway long story short, told him to make a huge change cos I am not about to be ignored anymore, when Kirsty, Mark and Harry were here I could always be distracted but now it's just me and him I can' bare it. So far so good he has never ever been this attentive so :fingerscrossed: it stays this way, we have decided Wednesday night is date night and we make the effort to be just us, no TV, computer or anybody else and if I am well enough we go out.
And to top it all off, I weighed in Tuesday expecting a huge gain after having Indian takeaway, 2 big fresh cream cakes, a whole tub of Haagen Dazs ice cream, god knows how much alcohol and Heinz soup is about 9 syns a tin and so much more I can't even begin to remember, I did exercise though even with a chest infection and managed to lose half a pound HOW?? Actually I don't care, I lost and that's all that matters and to top it all off after all these years of following SW, Mal leaned over my shoulder the other night and said I think it's time you and me worked on this SW thing together so I can help you....holy cow you could have knocked me down with a feather lol...anyways lovelies I am off, Mal's birthday tomorrow, he's 70...... omg can't believe I have been with him 40 years and he said no big deal doesn't want anything special but we have a huge birthday party planned lol so ttfn ladies and I'll catch you soon xxx:hug99:xxx

Happy birthday Mal x, aren't our bodies strange things lol x losing when we think it should have been a gain x

Mike and my self have been through a similar process now there are just the 2 of us, we realised that we could go all evening with out talking to each other. He also has a couple of outside activities which take up a lot of his time and i had started to feel like the housekeeper.
We have a monthly date night, almost impossible to do weekly as we both work shifts. I think relationships take more work at this stage, suddenly have to talk to each other :eek:

Have a fabulous weekend xx

Happy birthday Mal x, aren't our bodies strange things lol x losing when we think it should have been a gain x

Mike and my self have been through a similar process now there are just the 2 of us, we realised that we could go all evening with out talking to each other. He also has a couple of outside activities which take up a lot of his time and i had started to feel like the housekeeper.
We have a monthly date night, almost impossible to do weekly as we both work shifts. I think relationships take more work at this stage, suddenly have to talk to each other :eek:

Have a fabulous weekend xx

Hiya hun, I did send Mal your birthday wishes he said to tell you thank you so much he had a fantastic day and was thoroughly spoiled.

I know what you mean hun, until I set up this date night, we actually sat in separate rooms night after night, it was awful, but so far since we chatted all is good................that's exactly what I said to Mal, I felt he was only here so he still had a roof over his head. It is definitely a lot harder work but to be honest it's got to be worth it or these last 40 years have meant nothing have they? xxx

I have just had the worst few days of my life and to be honest I feel sick as a dog....
I had blood tests last week, something I have done regularly because of the diabetes and the tablets I take for my psoriasis (palmo plantar pustulosis), the results of my last blood test have gone off the chart and my meds have been changed and increased immensely for instance I was taking Gliclazide 20mg twice a day for the diabetes and now I am on 320mg a day, for the last 9 years they have worked perfectly my bloods were at a good level, not perfect but good enough not to worry suddenly they have gone from 51 (27-47 being the range they should be in ) to 103 in just a few months, the levels for my underactive thyroid have tripled also in the last 3 months and my cholesterol which has sat at 4.2 for god knows how many years are now at 6.8.
Now the meds that I have been taking for the last 3 years for my Psoriasis at 25mg a day stopped working, so my dermatologist increased them to 75mg a day, 3 months ago, I knew there was a good possibility my cholesterol levels would go up as that's a major side effect with these tablets (Acitretin or Neotigasin, both the same just different names) and hence why I have to have regular blood tests at hospital (every month, although I have missed the last 2 due to illness), these tabs are so dangerous apparently, my GP can't even prescribe them and when I spoke to her yesterday about them she'd never heard of them. I have to get them at the hospital and only the hospital.
But my doctor seems to think they could be the cause of all my levels going sky high, she said she really believes that to be the case and consequently the tablets for my Psoriasis are basically killing me....I agree with what she's saying as it seems very strange that for 9 years I have had no problems at all and then suddenly when these tablets are increased to triple the amount, all my other meds get wiped out and everything goes mental.
I now have to stop the Acitretin and any good that they were doing, I have no other options at the moment either unless I get accepted for Stelara which is an injection for the psoriasis, the only other avenue I can go down tablet wise is Cyclosporine (I believe they use this on heart transplant patients) and my derm flatly refuses to put me on them....so now I must stop taking the tablets that are killing me and am now back to square one with the Psoriasis, there are 7 types of Psoriasis, I now have all 7 types having developed Erythodermic Psoriasis in just the last 6 months or so and in some ways this one is the worst, itching, burning and sore all up and down my legs mostly drives me mad so much so I can't sleep and I'm not a good sleeper anyways ...it's a never ending battle, but in some ways now makes sense about all the symptoms I have been having for the last few months and even gives me some relief in that now I can explain why I have felt like I have ....so hopefully with all these increases in tablets (diabetes tabs x 8 times more, levothyroxine x double and simvastatins changed atorvastatin oh and vitamin D tabs for the next 3 months cos that is also way too low lol....shoot me please, it's cheaper and easier option lol

So now I have gotten that off my chest I am off to get weighed, going to be bad I can feel it...oh well tomorrow is another day lol
Take care all and catch you later xxx:hug99:xxx

Last edited:
well a 4.5lb gain for me this week, I was expecting it so I'm ok with it....in fact I am really good with it cos I was expecting a lot more.
So with me being back on track with my tablets (hopefully) it's now time to get things straight with my weight loss, Mal and I have sat down tonight and written out a menu for the week with snacks built in, I don't know why I don't do that all the time, I have so much success with it, I need that structure in my life. So I have made Mal promise that every Tuesday night after WI we will do the menus for the week with snacks and everything built in :fingerscrossed: all goes to plan lol
Have a good week people, Mal and I are having date night tomorrow night and out to Kelly's during the day, got a day at Kirsty's Thursday and should be at my sisters Friday but not sure about that on yet, so keep well and here's to big losses till I am back ttfn xxx:hug99:xxx

Thanks hun, feeling really crap, the tablets for the diabetes have always made me really nauseous, which is why I originally started losing weight and exercising so I could go on to a lower dose med. Being on this higher dose is certainly not agreeing with me, but going to perservere cos it's better than insulin injections which GP says is my next choice should this fail.
I do the same always allow for some flexibility, which has come in handy last few days as soup is all I feel like eating right now.
Hope you're ok, take care and speak soon xxx:hug99:xxx

i assume some of your meds are steroid based, they play havoc with blood glucose levels which obviously means poor controls x hope fully the higher dose will stabilise things for a while x

I love making soup and since the arrival of the soup maker it is a staple of my diet. I like experimenting with ingredients x hope you have enjoyed yours xx

i assume some of your meds are steroid based, they play havoc with blood glucose levels which obviously means poor controls x hope fully the higher dose will stabilise things for a while x

I love making soup and since the arrival of the soup maker it is a staple of my diet. I like experimenting with ingredients x hope you have enjoyed yours xx

Hiya Mandy, yeah most of my meds are steroid based and now my GP has taken me off the main one I am having the flare up of all flare ups, my hands are a total mess, sore cracking, bleeding and I can barely open and close them they are so stiff.
I am still persevering with the tabs for my diabetes and still feeling awful, it's like being pregnant again but with 2 major differences, I knew for sure with the pregnancy it would all stop within the 9 months (and yep I was sick almost the entire 9 months, evening on the delivery table they didn't quit lol) and I would have a baby at the end of it all ....this is not going to end happily I can feel it, I took the Metformin for 5 years and felt awful the whole time before I gave up, I won't be doing 5 years with Gliclazide, 3 months max if I am still feeling like this at the end of that time they are gone and we'll try something new.
Soup has been my saviour this week, all I seem to have eaten is soup, ice cream and I don't even like ice cream and pears and on top of all that I feel really, really bloated ...but I am not a quitter ....whatever happens this will be sorted and I can then fully appreciate my soups ...I love them summer and winter .
Hope you're doing ok hun ..speak soon xxx:hug99:xxx

Hey lily
Hope your having a great day Hun xxx
Hi hun, apart from the sickness I am good thanks, Mal and I spent the day writing out our menu for the month, hope I actually get to eat some of it lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Back