1 syn cupcakes with chocolate icing

never actually got round to making them, but, i'm def going to give them a go:D

Just made these, the mix made loads-21 full cupcakes, could have made a couple more but didn't have anymore cake cases! Am going to try a combination of different toppings to see what is best :)

have just made a yummy 'frosting' out of quark and choc options. will try and post a pic-altho not 100% sure how to :D
sorry pic is upside down, but you get the idea

Attachments

• Picture 214.jpg
    Picture 214.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:
Hi Grumbletumble, thanks for this recipe, will be giving them a try. When you say granulated sugar i take it that it's the artificial type?
Thanks again. xxx Looby

Hi Looby :)

Yeah just the normal sweetener like splenda. I use the morrisons own as it's cheap & tastes just the same!

I bought some tiny mini eggs like the cadburys ones but 1/4 the size from the pound shop today :D Going to make some of these with the tiny eggs ontop instead of the choc drops- doubt it will make much of a difference in syns.

Those frosting cakes look good tigger but i think i'll stick with my icing sugar as i'm not keen on quark :yuk::roofles:- over the 16 cakes the icing doesn't add up to many syns (4syns over 16 or more cakes :D)

grumbletumble said:
Hi Looby :)

Yeah just the normal sweetener like splenda. I use the morrisons own as it's cheap & tastes just the same!

I bought some tiny mini eggs like the cadburys ones but 1/4 the size from the pound shop today :D Going to make some of these with the tiny eggs ontop instead of the choc drops- doubt it will make much of a difference in syns.

Those frosting cakes look good tigger but i think i'll stick with my icing sugar as i'm not keen on quark :yuk::roofles:- over the 16 cakes the icing doesn't add up to many syns (4syns over 16 or more cakes :D)

I'm not keen on quark either, but mixed with the options it's quite nice-tastes like choc cheesecake topping :)

grumbletumble said:
Oooo then maybe i might be forced to try it then hehe mmmmm cheesecake!

I used a standard sized tub of quark, and mixed in two sachets of options. Mixed them into a paste with a bit of hot water first-it mixed in easier! Maybe just try a little bit first tho in case you don't like it! Lol

Thanks tigger :D Pretty sure my mum will like this if i don't! I have mixed options with total before & that was yummy, i suppose i could use that instead of quark, i think it's the same thickness maybe even thicker!

grumbletumble said:
Thanks tigger :D Pretty sure my mum will like this if i don't! I have mixed options with total before & that was yummy, i suppose i could use that instead of quark, i think it's the same thickness maybe even thicker!

Only suggestion if you do it with Total, is to drain the liquid off it when you first open it otherwise it'll be too runny

Thanks Grumbletumble. xxx Looby

I made these today and I thought they were lovely.

One question, I made the icing up as stated (1tbsp icing sugar and 1tbsp cocoa) and it didn't give me enough to put a tiny bit on each cake let alone the ammount in the pictures. Did you make more of the icing and if so what did it do to the syn values?

Thanks

Well i used 15g of each as i didn't have measuring spoons. I just blobbed it on and spread it out a bit.

If you want to double the icing it would only add on an extra 4 syns for 16 cakes- so it would only be 1 & 1/4syns per cake :)

Ellebear said:
I have just made these -not sure they are cakes - more like 'fluffs' haha! x

Mine came out like proper little cakes! I made them with choc options and quark topping, but need to experiment with that first to get it right, but they were lovely. Even the guys in work ate them x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yum yum yum... Made these yesterday and the recipe made 24 and saved sins not using choc drops!! And even the OH enjoyed them xx

I made these and everyone else has been eating them! Would say definitely don't use 25g or even 25ml of water though else you will end up with liquid icing...use 1-2tsp cold water to get the right consistency.

Also made chocolate ones with one change - used 4 large eggs and whisked them together (no need to whisk whites and yolks separately) and made eight 2 syn cupcakes - really yummy! :)

Back