1 Week diary - opinions please

Good luck for Thursday hun!!!

Yea WI is a lovely thing and a horrible thing at the same time!

Brilliant because it is an incentive to stay on track and highlight your good effort to others with good losses and awards.

Horrible because you can get so caught up in the nervousness of that day, it's one day and it's only supose to be there to show you how your getting on, but some weeks it's the most important thing in the world!!

That's definitly a good idea about the diary!! I will print it now and take it in with me. I am so nervous!!!!! If i do get a loss im expecting that it'll be quite a little one, i would really love to get 2.5 for my 1.5 stone sticker but i cant see it happening somehow.

xxx

Thanks huni, it was lovely so i recommend it!!

As far as the rule is concerned it seems a lot of people are told differently from their Cs and whatever you are told by yours is what you should follow so long as it works for you.

With EE you should aim to have 1/3rd of your plate as super free foods (fruit and veg that are free on both red and green days - on the yellow pages in your book)

If you are having say a curry for dinner which 1/3rd doesnt really fit into, some Cs suggest eating some SF food (fruit or veg) immediatly after your meal.

Personally i think that the 1/3rd rule was introduced so that we dont pile or plate with meat and carbs as free food and therefore consume large amounts of calories, so we have 1/3rd of the plate as low calorie filling foods (even tho we dont count cals)

I hope this clears it up for you, although it is all down to opinion and there is do definative answer xxxx

Thank you - that makes sense to me too! x

Oh Pesty!!

I can't believe that you STS this week!!

Did you manage to speak to your consultant with your food diary??

I really don't know what to suggest as you've been so good these past two weeks!

I'm so sorry hun *hugs* Will try thinking about what else you can do but I really don't know at the moment!

Thanks hun, yea it sucks!!!

I gave my food diary to my consultant but i had to leave as its my OHs mums bday today so she will look at them during the week - i know she'll just say that it's becuz i drank on sat.

I very nearly severly sabotaged myself when i got in and sat down with 4 slices of dominos pizza. I had one and decided it really wasnt worth it and ate SW spag bol instead.

I really wanted to go to my nephews christening with my 1.5 stone award. Im crushed!! Its my bday 3rd of august and i really wanted to have a bit more off by then, im just stuck in a plateux and i dont know how to get out of it!!

xx

Im really sorry to hear that :(

How about trying a fishy week (as is currently being discussed on the main SW Board on MiniMins 'my fishy week' is what the thread is called). Im going to try it at some point

Hi Pesty

Sorry, have not been around for a few days, work has been busy and the PC at home is always being used.

Really sorry, you had a STS week hun.. really sounds like EE isn't working as well as it did, so why not give Red a week's trial. Look at Capricorn's diary, she's doing Red and loosing 3-4 a week now.. still doing her Wii and walking too, like you, so its gotta be worth a go?

I'm gonna do the same til I go away and only have an EE day after WI, as I love pasta, so will give me something to look forward to once a week, without feeling guilty.

Hope today is better for you and don't forget you've already lost 18.5lb.. so you will definately be slimmer by your birthday for sure.. I reckon another 6-8 lb, you could do it.. :) xxx

Everyone is different and some people can stay the same for a few weeks then have a sudden loss. One thing is I always try and stay to 70 syns a week - I know some people go up to 105 but I could never get away with more than 70. The old SW plan was always 70 syns. Now they say between 5-15 a day but I do think people misinterpret it to mean they can have 15 a day every day. I take it to mean if you have 5 one day then you can have 15 the next thus averaging it out to 10 a day. Some will disagree with me on this but just thought I'd mention it. Try it and see if it makes any difference. x

Hello everyone.

Thanks for the responses!! I am trying a red day this week and will try to encorporate some fishy foods!! lol

Here is my diary so far... i think i will again update this as i go along the week.

Tues
B - Muller Light Strawberry, 1 x boiled sweet (1 syn)
L - 2 x wholemeal bread (B) ham, tbsp mustard (1 syn) tsp lurpak (2 syns)
S - Fibre Plus bar (B) 3 x light babybel (A)
D - Beef, oxo, carrots, onion
P - Muller, banana
Drinks - 2 x diet blue charge, 1 x diet lemonade, 4 x 500ml water
Total - 4 syns

Weds
B - Muller Light Strawberry
L - 2 x wholemeal bread (B) ham, tbsp mustard (1 syn) tsp lurpak (2 syns)
S - Fibre Plus bar (B) banana
D - Canned beef in gravy, 3 mussells, 2 slices wholemeal bread (6 syns)
Pud - Strawberry Muller light
Drinks - 2 x diet blue bolt, 5 x 500ml water
Total - 9 syns

Last edited:
Im sort of doing both lol im using what i feel i need for the day up to 10 syns (im not restricting myself) and if there are any left over for the weekend its a bonus and a bit of a buffer for the christening if a worst case senario presents itself.

On the plus side, im driving to kent and back for it so i wont be drinking. Also the 'after party' is at my sisters house so although ive been asked to take banoffee pie and shortcakes (!!!!) I can also take a little pot of salad & meat/pasta for myself

xxxx

Pesty.. have a look at Capricorns diary, she is on Red and has big losses each week. She is very strict, eats lots of free food that she struggles to have all her syns. I always get motivation from reading diaries on here.

Its good that you can take your food to the Christening, great way to stay on track too. xxx

Back